ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2013, 06:35 PM   #7636
KTM640Dakar
Motorsick

Oddometer: 1,965
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno T . View Post
Oh yeah, feel the love;

That sand up at Whitefish Point kicked my ass on the Super Enduro, i think i went through most of it sideways

Those dunes slowly creeping into the forest. They seemed even bigger last year than the video shows. Love the sound track, it fits perfect.

It is not the destination, it's the journey.
KTM640Dakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:23 AM   #7637
Simple.
I'm Special

Oddometer: 446
Does anyone here race in the loose moose enduro in marquette? I see its June 9th, and was wondering how it is to watch. ie: spectator areas? Or do they have a similar event for beginners to race in? I may try and schedule the UPAT around it and pop in to watch it. If I grow a pair, I may be willing to skip the UPAT and enter a race if its something a newbie could handle.

Jon
Simple. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:42 AM   #7638
hollywood_72
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple. View Post
Does anyone here race in the loose moose enduro in marquette? I see its June 9th, and was wondering how it is to watch. ie: spectator areas? Or do they have a similar event for beginners to race in? I may try and schedule the UPAT around it and pop in to watch it. If I grow a pair, I may be willing to skip the UPAT and enter a race if its something a newbie could handle.

Jon
Check out the Family enduro the day before:

http://www.d14enduro.org/fes_raceinfo.shtml

Kennedy
hollywood_72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:07 PM   #7639
KTM640Dakar
Motorsick

Camping in style.

Old 02-12-2013, 04:49 AM   #7640
Simple.
I'm Special

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood_72 View Post
Check out the Family enduro the day before:

http://www.d14enduro.org/fes_raceinfo.shtml

Kennedy
Interesting. Would I be the only 30+ guy out there running in the mini moose? Cant find a lot of info on it, but it looks like it is geared more towards kids? Maybe I will just get more seat time in on the trails and think about a race next year... This cabin fever is getting to me I guess.. just keep thinking about riding all day.

Jon
Old 02-12-2013, 10:35 AM   #7641
hollywood_72
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Interesting. Would I be the only 30+ guy out there running in the mini moose? Cant find a lot of info on it, but it looks like it is geared more towards kids? Maybe I will just get more seat time in on the trails and think about a race next year... This cabin fever is getting to me I guess.. just keep thinking about riding all day.

Jon

No you won't be the only +30 guy. The whole purpose is to teach kids (big and small) how to race an enduro. The course is shorter (but a lot of times it uses some of the same section as the big race) and the average speed is slower. If you have never raced an enduro do a FES first. You don’t need to be an AMA member and you can ride in the sportsman (X class) for $15 (but no trophy awarded in the X class). If anything you’ll have some great trail to ride with a lot of it on private property so you wouldn’t be able to ride it any other time.

Kennedy
Old 02-12-2013, 11:42 AM   #7642
Bruno T . OP
N8YQ

Oddometer: 1,722
Here's some family enduro action with Kennedy and the young Jedi

Bruno T . is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:55 PM   #7643
Simple.
I'm Special

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood_72 View Post

No you won't be the only +30 guy. The whole purpose is to teach kids (big and small) how to race an enduro. The course is shorter (but a lot of times it uses some of the same section as the big race) and the average speed is slower. If you have never raced an enduro do a FES first. You don’t need to be an AMA member and you can ride in the sportsman (X class) for $15 (but no trophy awarded in the X class). If anything you’ll have some great trail to ride with a lot of it on private property so you wouldn’t be able to ride it any other time.

Kennedy

^ Cool video Bruno.

Kennedy, sounds good. I will make it out to one to check out. I joined the AMA last month cause I knew I would probably get into something this summer. Looks like I need to do some reading up on a lot of stuff too. D14 is the AMA district for Michigan? Is that something I have to join as well, or am I just part of D14 with my AMA membership because of where I live?

Jon
Old 02-12-2013, 04:13 PM   #7644
hollywood_72
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
^ Cool video Bruno.

Kennedy, sounds good. I will make it out to one to check out. I joined the AMA last month cause I knew I would probably get into something this summer. Looks like I need to do some reading up on a lot of stuff too. D14 is the AMA district for Michigan? Is that something I have to join as well, or am I just part of D14 with my AMA membership because of where I live?

Jon
As long as you're a national member you don't have to join D14 to race unless you want to collect points for the series. But as I said no membership needed for the FES.

Kennedy
Old 02-12-2013, 05:31 PM   #7645
DIRTSCOOTER
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 105
Family enduro

Did a family enduro with a friend of mine two years ago. We were both on DRZ 400s, we left on the 6th minute and the starter said to me "are you going to leave those mirrors on" I said yes and took off. Well I didn't exactly finish on my minute but I still had my mirrors on. When I came to the finish line I got a big smile from the starter guy. There were two Family enduros that day, I didn't make the second one.

2013 Triumph Trophy

'05 drz s/sm
DIRTSCOOTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:56 PM   #7646
Scott G
Adventurer

Oddometer: 37
Cabin fever

Quote:

Watching that really gives me cabin fever, another 60 to 75 days and we can have some fun
Scott G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:53 PM   #7647
Simple.
I'm Special

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott G View Post
Watching that really gives me cabin fever, another 60 to 75 days and we can have some fun
Hey how have ya been Scott!? We missed you at the last ice session at Brunos house.... 75 days. Man that seems like a long time! I have been watching speed2.com on the tv through a laptop. They have some enduros, mx, and trials coverage thats free to watch. It helps with the cabin fever, but also makes it worse.

Jon
Old 02-12-2013, 08:38 PM   #7648
KTM640Dakar
Motorsick

It would be better if it were like 8 days instead of 75 days until I ride the desert bike.

Better

Better

Old 02-13-2013, 08:39 AM   #7649
Bruno T . OP
N8YQ

Oddometer: 1,722
You can go down to Cheraw South Carolina and race the Sandblast Rallye on March 3rd, Jon.
Bruno T . is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:53 AM   #7650
dsport_freak
Adventurer

Oddometer: 60
Quote:
If that is a Family Enduro, I'm in baby! Where do I sign up?
GLDS Member
AMA Member
dsport_freak is offline   Reply With Quote