ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2012, 05:46 PM   #1
james1300 OP
Track Dazed

Oddometer: 162
Talking Inland NW Motorcycle Show and Sale! March 15-17, 2013

Show Link>>>http://www.spokanemotorcycleshow.com/
10th annual Inland Motorcycle Show, March 15-17, 2013
Spokane Co. Fairgrounds (FREE PARKING) BIKES get prefered Parking up Front!
Get your Rides ready! Bring some friends! See ya there!
james1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:43 PM   #2
sector
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,861
I'm IN! Should we plan an ADV lunch or something? LadyBug, where are you?

sector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:42 AM   #3
75monza
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 304
What are peoples thoughts on this show?

The only people that I know and have talked to about who have gone to it in the past have not said very good things about it. Mainly that it was disappointing and not worth the cost of the entry fees.
75monza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:32 AM   #4
Sparrowhawk
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,701
Quote:
Originally Posted by 75monza View Post

The only people that I know and have talked to about who have gone to it in the past have not said very good things about it. Mainly that it was disappointing and not worth the cost of the entry fees.
It's OK. Most of the local dealers show up with their rolling stock. There are several interesting custom bikes and restored older bikes on display. A few companies display and sell clothing, helmets, bungee cords, rain gear, etc.. You can get deals on off-road riding schools and get to know about local clubs.

On the other hand, no manufacturers bring in anything new and there isn't much to see that you won't find visiting the local dealerships. The big V-twins dominate as usual.
Sparrowhawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:49 PM   #5
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,357
Quote:
Originally Posted by sector View Post
I'm IN! Should we plan an ADV lunch or something? LadyBug, where are you?
Hi Sector,

If I throw together an ADV lunch or something will I get to talk with you more than the 5 minutes I got to see you last year? OK - I'll work on a plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75monza View Post

It's all about what you are looking for. If you are looking for a killer deal you'll probably be disappointed. If you are looking for something you can't find anywhere else you'll probably be disappointed. If you are looking for a huge international event with all the manufacturers showing up - yep, you'll be disappointed......... If you want to spend a few hours being surrounded by motorcycles, gear and motorcyclist then you might have a good time. There will probably be a lot more cruisers than dual sport/adventure bikes because that's where the money is so don't expect miracles.

Every year there are plenty of people that whine about what they don't find at this show. Remember it's a show put on by the local dealers, they spend a lot of money to do this and it's a lot of hard work.

The same people that whine about how rotten the show is would also whine about not having a show wouldn't they. There are some people that you just can't please unless you serve them exactly what they want on a silver platter for no cost then they would complain that the platter isn't gold.

Hope to see you at the show.
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:38 PM   #6
sector
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,861
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug0048 View Post
Hi Sector,

If I throw together an ADV lunch or something will I get to talk with you more than the 5 minutes I got to see you last year? OK - I'll work on a plan.

It's all about what you are looking for. If you are looking for a killer deal you'll probably be disappointed. If you are looking for something you can't find anywhere else you'll probably be disappointed. If you are looking for a huge international event with all the manufacturers showing up - yep, you'll be disappointed......... If you want to spend a few hours being surrounded by motorcycles, gear and motorcyclist then you might have a good time. There will probably be a lot more cruisers than dual sport/adventure bikes because that's where the money is so don't expect miracles.

Every year there are plenty of people that whine about what they don't find at this show. Remember it's a show put on by the local dealers, they spend a lot of money to do this and it's a lot of hard work.

The same people that whine about how rotten the show is would also whine about not having a show wouldn't they. There are some people that you just can't please unless you serve them exactly what they want on a silver platter for no cost then they would complain that the platter isn't gold.

Well Yeahhhh... for lunch! Last year I got interrupted getting to lunch and got there too late... that Mexican restaurant, right? That was good, and pretty close to the show.

As for why to go? It will satisfy an itch that is getting pretty strong by then. And, oh,... there are some pretty good deals too, especially on clothing, helmets, etc. I'm not looking to buy a bike but, sitting on a few will make my day, I'm sure. Mostly for me, its to scratch that itch!!

sector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:07 PM   #7
Kootenai Rider
Displaced Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,252
On teh fence....

2012 KTM 250XC-W "Ginger"
Kootenai Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:42 AM   #8
75monza
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 304
I am thinking about it. I really do need another set of riding pants. These summer mesh pants get a little chilly when it is 30 degrees out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug0048 View Post
75monza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:23 PM   #9
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Brrrrrrrrrr
Old 02-07-2013, 07:10 PM   #10
dillon
Low Speed, High Drag

Oddometer: 1,639
maybe...
Old 02-09-2013, 07:08 PM   #11
richard.bessey
Hard Rider

Oddometer: 511
Its OK

Its a show that is mostly for "Chromers" as I call them (V-Twin cruisers with lots of chrome)
There is some off road, but not much. Last time I went (Several years ago) they had a siminar about dual sport riding. It was pretty basic.

It does start the early season motorcycle itch though. I am thinking of going just because I haven't gone in several years and i own a street bike now

1994 XT 350 - The dirt machine
1992 TDM 850 - The street ride
1988 TW 200 - Wifes Ride
richard.bessey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:07 PM   #12
walla walla Bob
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 194
I was thinking about coming up for the show. I'm sure I can find something I can't do without. I have the best of both worlds. My RoadKing for the street and my KLR 650 for when I want to go play in the mountains.

Cherish every moment.
walla walla Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:03 PM   #13
Kootenai Rider
Displaced Adventurer

So we got a plan for lunch that day before going to the show? How about the Viking just across the river from the convention Center...... Good food and good beer selection.

Old 02-12-2013, 04:02 AM   #14
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Viking does have good food and a variety of beer but it's a ways from the Fairground. You do know the show is at the Fairgrounds don't you?

http://www.spokanemotorcycleshow.com/

I was thinking Puerta Vallarta on Sprague. Not spectacular but the lounge works for a group and the food is good.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:20 AM   #15
Kootenai Rider
Displaced Adventurer

Oh that's right, it's at the fairgrounds.... I had forgotten about that. Last time I went it was still at the convention Center . My bad