ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Old's Cool > Airheads
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: I have been to the county of Fuckshire, it was ...
Nice? 29 13.12%
Nasty? 30 13.57%
Nasty but nice? 162 73.30%
Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-09-2013, 09:05 PM   #3661
tenderfoot
PRJ

Oddometer: 1,446
[QUOTE=planktonnn;20684806]II: No, it has never stopped me before but then, and I mean this as general comment rather than direct to you, I am of the half baked opinion that I was sitting at this table 1st, and I just started nattering to myself, so anyone that came here later out of all the sorry pages one could sit at out of all of the whole of the Wild Weird Wub, if someone seats at this table, they can like it or lump it

QUOTE]

I should have added a suitable smiley to help convey my jocular mood. I have been visiting your table for a while and would have stayed away if I found it not imminently agreeable. See post #2.
tenderfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:12 AM   #3662
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Oddometer: 3,920
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenderfoot View Post
I should have added a suitable smiley to help convey my jocular mood. I have been visiting your table for a while and would have stayed away if I found it not imminently agreeable.
No worries, I took it with the requisite smilies & your usual jocularity implied

The comment was pointed at the world, not your good self
Old 02-10-2013, 03:20 AM   #3663
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Kazuo Takagi

No info available
Old 02-10-2013, 09:02 AM   #3664
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

And so it begins...

Half a shed has kindly been made available for a DMW revamp...
Old 02-10-2013, 09:11 AM   #3665
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

The first task is getting it up onto a rear paddock stand on my own (a bit of a juggle) and then removing the seat pan to get at the electrics. The pan is held on by three screws at the rear, and by the subframe top mount bolts at the front. I have feeling I'll be drilling a couple of holes into the front of the top subframe tubes to take a couple of screws, so that in future I can get the seat pan off without undoing the subframe bolts...

Having got at the battery/electrics the first thing is to replace the trickle charger tails that were in place to the battery. I've a feeling they were a bit tired, as I noted the charger kicked in & out if they were waggled. Next I'll be checking the condition of the single red wire from the Boyer to battery + terminal & replace if required, and doing similar checks on the red & green wires from the Electrex World combined rectifier & regulator. I'll give the battery electrolyte levels a check, & clean all the connectors.

Next it's time to pull the tank off & check the wiring underneath there...

planktonnn screwed with this post 02-10-2013 at 10:31 AM Reason: spellink
planktonnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:29 AM   #3666
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

It's called the DMW because my first Initial is D...
Old 02-10-2013, 10:56 AM   #3667
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Irritatingly, the link on the RR45 page at the Electrex World site that is supposed to lead to a wiring installation diagram is down. Luckily the pdf can also be found at http://www.gutsibits.co.uk/pr/TheShe...structions.pdf

Old 02-12-2013, 07:09 AM   #3668
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Vote Dupe...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTMNX_xv4gc

"Dupe (short for “duplicate”) is a local multiplayer game for 2-4 players on a single touchscreen device. Each player chooses a colour at the start, and the colours are randomly distributed across a randomly-selected play area."

http://worldcup.bemyapp.com/?p=16
Old 02-12-2013, 08:08 AM   #3669
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

So, I soldered extension tails to the red & green wires onto the second Electrex World Reg/Rec from DBD, soldered & crimped ring connectors to the ends & hooked them up to the battey, then slotted in the main connector block and having charged the battery I got the thing to fire, but the battery still shows no input current.

As mentioned I'm seeking the charging problem sequentially, starting with those things that are easiest to access, so next it'll probably be back into the headlight and have a good poke around, before swapping out the lines from the stator to the reg/rec and having a good poke about with the rotor/stator etc. The pickup seems to be there & not significantly worn. I'll just keep fiddling.

At the same time I'm hunting the misfire on the left cylinder, which comes and goes relative to the throttle position. As if it's coming in at the exit of the upper end of the crossover between the idle & needle jet in the pic from the Big Book of Bings shown below. Certainly, if the left pot drops out & I back off the throttle by a tiny amount it comes back. Add a bit, drops out, take it off again, in it comes. This tends to be in the mid range revs rather than the low, as a fuller throttle at low revs is handle fine, but it's almost as tho/ough when it gets to a given level of fuel demand...

I've a list of things to go thru/ough with this one, including fuelpetcocktap stack filters etc., but I will of course be bearing in mind that old adage that 90% of carb/fuelling problems are electrical...

Both sets of tasks are forced to be be sliced into bite sized chunks by the weather, as there's only so long one can work in a snow covered shed before all digital dexterity declines, and the brane freeze sets in, but rest assured I'm making an effort, especially on the charging problem, as this renders the bike unusable and means I would have to walk places n stuff.

At some point tho/ough I may have to cough up for the local Dave to check the carbs, valve timing & ignition timing. And I need to start saving for a 2nd hand K size front tire/yre from Motorworks.

And other things.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:12 AM   #3670
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

In other news someone generally referred to as Asstrail has in some way blown a K75 gearbox.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:14 AM   #3671
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Quote:
Originally Posted by planktonnn View Post
In answer to a question I have recieved, there's a vote button in the hanging black bar at the bottom of the window...
Old 02-12-2013, 12:22 PM   #3672
pjcr12
Stercus accidit

Oddometer: 801
Quote:
In other news someone generally referred to as Asstrail has in some way blown a K75 gearbox.
Oh deary me, that is a shame.....well he won't be needing his front tyre, will he?
pjcr12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:54 PM   #3673
jings
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 268
summat a bit strange about them wheels
jings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:11 PM   #3674
Dirtyboydeadly
AKA. Shineyboydudley

Oddometer: 445
Quote:
At some point tho/ough I may have to cough up for the local Dave to check the carbs, valve timing & ignition timing. And I need to start saving for a 2nd hand K size front tire/yre from Motorworks.

And other things.
I have a timing light and vacuum gauges, if it helps
Dirtyboydeadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:21 PM   #3675
jings
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 268
yes please
jings is offline   Reply With Quote