ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2013, 06:50 PM   #1
henkew OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 69
Trails near Lake Stevens?

We just picked up a couple CRF's (a 150 and a 250). My son and I have ridden road bikes for years but have always wanted to get dirt bikes. Well, we finally did. I have an XC but since my off road is limited, haven't wanted to do much with it except on simple gravel roads. Wimpy, yes. But heay, we all have to start somewhere! Does anyone know of places close to where we live (Lake Stevens) where we can get some off road experience? Doesn't have to be fancy, the closer the better so we can hit it after work. I know Walker Valley isn't too far, we can hit that on weekends. I've seen roads off the Mt. Loop highway I think would work. I'm guessing there are tons of places around Granite Falls that aren't published. Any suggestions appreciated! I'd love a place a few miles away, even if it's just a simple looped trail. I know they have to be around here somewhere!
henkew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:13 PM   #2
BillMoore
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 182
Walker Valley ORV area is just about a half hour north of you. Good riding there. Lots of good forest roads off Mt. Loop Highway, but you have to be street legal for those...
Old 02-11-2013, 12:12 PM   #3
n16ht5
ride the night

Oddometer: 2,187
RIP snohomish county orv areas... .... it's all gone/gated/demolished/liberalized

if all your bikes are street legal you can still technicaly cruise the beaverpond logging roads and whats left of the trails, but you really don't want to park your truck at the gate. It's on OK Mill road, about 5min past the bridge on the left. Look for the gate. In the summer months it is (well used to be) fun to cruise up around mt pilchuck. last time I was up there they really made a mess of all the cool side spurs.

theres lots of stuff out there, now gated up. one of my favorite times with my wife when we were dating was a trip on my honda s90 to spada lake from p5000. sigh.
n16ht5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:29 PM   #4
Double H
Hurricane Harry

Oddometer: 1,234
RIP p5000
Double H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:04 PM   #5
huzar
Pastor of Muppets

Oddometer: 1,942
Is fishhead completely off limits now?
huzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:15 PM   #6
shrubitup
Uncouth Sloth

Oddometer: 1,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by henkew View Post
We just picked up a couple CRF's (a 150 and a 250). My son and I have ridden road bikes for years but have always wanted to get dirt bikes. Well, we finally did. I have an XC but since my off road is limited, haven't wanted to do much with it except on simple gravel roads. Wimpy, yes. But heay, we all have to start somewhere! Does anyone know of places close to where we live (Lake Stevens) where we can get some off road experience? Doesn't have to be fancy, the closer the better so we can hit it after work. I know Walker Valley isn't too far, we can hit that on weekends. I've seen roads off the Mt. Loop highway I think would work. I'm guessing there are tons of places around Granite Falls that aren't published. Any suggestions appreciated! I'd love a place a few miles away, even if it's just a simple looped trail. I know they have to be around here somewhere!
No offense bud but now you are an off road rider. Learn to hide and get about in the shadows. You expect someone to tell you publicly where you can secretly ride in Snoho County?

But srsly, once you make friends with folk you will just learn more and more places to ride. Most good places are not advertised for a reason.
shrubitup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:06 PM   #7
n16ht5
ride the night

Oddometer: 2,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrubitup View Post
No offense bud but now you are an off road rider. Learn to hide and get about in the shadows. You expect someone to tell you publicly where you can secretly ride in Snoho County?

But srsly, once you make friends with folk you will just learn more and more places to ride. Most good places are not advertised for a reason.
I dont think he plans to duck gates with his son. I mean I would do that.. but..
n16ht5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:59 PM   #8
PeteN95
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,438
Quote:
Originally Posted by huzar View Post
Is fishhead completely off limits now?
I think it is still open, but it is not safe to leave a vehicle parked or it will be broken into. It is near the end of N Carpenter road where there is a gate on the N side.

SVN/XRR/Christini
PeteN95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:51 AM   #9
henkew OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrubitup View Post

Sounds like I missed the golden years, dangit. Google Maps shows sweet looking logging roads all over the place, begging to be explored...but blocked off to us. Really too bad. And I can understand not advertising places...hopefully we'll slowly start uncovering a couple spots here and there that we can have some fun on. Thanks for the ideas and feedback!
henkew is offline   Reply With Quote