Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2013, 07:09 AM   #181
dankatz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw3dl1 View Post
OK, I must apoligise for my ignorance, how many watts is .188kW? All of my equiptment is rated in watts used, not kW's.
0.188 kW means 0.188 kilowatts which is 188 watts. I would think it would be ok for heated gloves, but would not push the heater jacket liner (maybe the 65W one)
dankatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:01 AM   #182
jsonder
Tired Old Fart

Oddometer: 503
Remember, that is a peak electrical production. Figuring a usable 150 watts might be more realistic.
jsonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:37 AM   #183
CMS
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 226
shoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ausfahrt View Post
Tell your wife what I always tell mine when I add a bike to the stable. "Yes dear I know that I already have 4 motorcycles, but I only have one woman!"

Also ask her how many pairs of shoes she has in the closet? And dear , you can only wear one pair at a time, the rest just sit in the closet. I'am sure you have don't have as many bikes as she does shoes. When our bikes purchases equal the number of her shoes, then she can discuss the issue. CMS [works for me!]
VSRI
CMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:07 AM   #184
dankatz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsonder View Post
Remember, that is a peak electrical production. Figuring a usable 150 watts might be more realistic.
Yes, and there is wattage needed for the headlight and tail lights/blinkers. Personally, I would only do the heated gloves which for my poor circulating hands are a god send!
dankatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:06 PM   #185
sw3dl1
DR Don

Oddometer: 465
Thank you, much. Gives me an Idea what I can and can not use before I run my battery to nothing.
1987 Honda XL600r

sw3dl1 screwed with this post 02-09-2013 at 04:58 AM
sw3dl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:27 PM   #186
Macedo
n00b

Oddometer: 4
My 2008 CRF230L

After my ST1300a purchase in 2006, I had a want for another bike but something in the dual-sport area. My brother had a XL 250 back in the 70's but I felt something in that size range was a little small (pride), because I ride a 1300!

I wanted to stay with Honda, but I looked at other bikes in the 650 range but the cost was more than I wanted to spend for what I think I want to do.

While traveling to J'Ville FL, I set my Zumo 550 to shortest distance to take the back roads but found myself on a tour down a sandy dirt road, not a lot of fun with a loaded with a 750-800 pound, plus me; and think of trying to push it, I would have to call AAA to get me .

So then my question to me was "What will you do with a DS bike, ride in the mud NOPE; rock climbing NOPE; dirt bike stuff NOPE; long distance adventure touring, NOPE; do I need a big DS bike NOPE; so what then?"

I live in Covington, GA there are a few dirt roads of which my ST dare not ride; well I found and bought a 2008 CRF230L on cycletrader with 423 miles from a private owner for $3,300, which included the Masterbuilt Motorcycle Carrier http://www.cabelas.com/product/Maste...h-All+Products Saturday 10/02/2010.

Took it to the Honda shop for the 600 mile service, my insurance increased $48, tag $38, rode to my optical shop (25 miles round trip with some dirt road; to be used as a commuter bike), even got that first bicycle feeling.

I'm looking forward to adding a windshield from TurboCity, and improving performance.

The plan is to ride the "L" 5 days a week to work and the "ST" on Saturday.

I can see a camping trip with my Kayak on top of my SUV, "L" on the back, all so I can paddle the river(s) and ride the trails.

Let's Ride!
Lady "L" (aka Peanut Butter)
2008 CRF230L
Macedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:05 AM   #187
jsonder
Tired Old Fart

Oddometer: 503
I guess that a welcome to Macedo is in order. I left Georgia back in 1974 and haven't looked back.

I've put a bit over 10K miles of trail/dirt riding on my 230L and am still happy with it.

jsonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:42 AM   #188
SUMORYDR
Old school rookie

Oddometer: 15
Long time lurker, first time poster...... be gentle.
I've been riding for about 3 days now and I'm getting pretty good at stopping and starting again. As long as there aren't any hills or sticks or anything I do pretty well. Any obstruction in the way and I'm done. Maybe because I'm so short and skinny.

I love my 230L because it does everything that I need it to do. It fires up, it runs, and it goes when I put it in gear. Beyond that I don't expect it to carry me to the top of old lookout mountain or anything but from what I hear it'll do it just fine.

I'm working on a dedicated 230L album on FB and will post a link to the things I've done to it ( and on it ) once I get the album completed. Thanks for being here and for owning/posting about what is quickly becoming my very most favorite bike ever!!!

Steve
SUMORYDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:13 AM   #189
PineyMountainRacing
Oops....

Oddometer: 1,676
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUMORYDR View Post
Long time lurker, first time poster...... be gentle.
I've been riding for about 3 days now and I'm getting pretty good at stopping and starting again. As long as there aren't any hills or sticks or anything I do pretty well. Any obstruction in the way and I'm done. Maybe because I'm so short and skinny.

I love my 230L because it does everything that I need it to do. It fires up, it runs, and it goes when I put it in gear. Beyond that I don't expect it to carry me to the top of old lookout mountain or anything but from what I hear it'll do it just fine.

I'm working on a dedicated 230L album on FB and will post a link to the things I've done to it ( and on it ) once I get the album completed. Thanks for being here and for owning/posting about what is quickly becoming my very most favorite bike ever!!!

Steve
u 2 funny - "I'm getting pretty good at stopping and starting again. As long as there aren't any hills or sticks or anything I do pretty well. Any obstruction in the way and I'm done. Maybe because I'm so short and skinny."

the 230's like a little billy goat, LMK when you want to carry them up to NC and do some gnarly stuff.

Did ya' sell the backup DRZ?
PineyMountainRacing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:58 PM   #190
UnimprovedRd
UnimprovedRoad

Oddometer: 1
Windscreen for Honda CRF 250 L

Getting the new bike ready for longer rides. Have added new BBQ rack from ManRacks (I really like it).

Now I need a small windscreen. I've found one, but they want $185. Before Id spend that much for a screen, I'll make one.

Has anyone found a good screen at a reasonable price?
UnimprovedRd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:41 PM   #191
Bronco638
Nobody Home

Oddometer: 3,304
THIS is for sale in the FM. Perhaps that would work for you?

Andy holds the lead. And he will, all the way to the Highway. Today is his day.
Bronco638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:34 AM   #192
SUMORYDR
Old school rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PineyMountainRacing View Post
u 2 funny - "I'm getting pretty good at stopping and starting again. As long as there aren't any hills or sticks or anything I do pretty well. Any obstruction in the way and I'm done. Maybe because I'm so short and skinny."

the 230's like a little billy goat, LMK when you want to carry them up to NC and do some gnarly stuff.

Did ya' sell the backup DRZ?
Yeah sold the backup/woods bike but still have the race DRZ and the regular SM. I'll keep those because they fit my style and I can't outride them just yet. Maybe one day. Speaking of coming up to ride the gnarly stuff..... we will be coming up for a week and the very tail end of April ( 27th I think ) so I will let you know. I plan on stopping over to see Duckworth while I'm there too so it'll be a good time.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:36 AM   #193
SUMORYDR
Old school rookie

Oh yeah, I posted some random pictures on my FaceBook page last night so be sure to check them out and let me know what ya'll think. They aren't in any kind of order but you'll be able to tell the transition from when I bought it to where it is now. Next on the list..... tassles for the bar ends!!!

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1&l=87a57b7ed9
Old 02-26-2013, 06:22 AM   #194
fierostetz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 237
Check laminar LLC- the makers of the laminar lip. They have a mini fairing that works well laminarllc.com - think its called the la mini fairing
Old 02-27-2013, 01:03 PM   #195
SUMORYDR
Old school rookie

I posted a good link to my 230L album on Facebook. I just wanted to share my exploits and show off my little red piggy. I hope ya'll enjoyed it.

Steve

SUMORYDR screwed with this post 03-06-2013 at 10:30 AM