ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2013, 06:57 PM   #316
COXR650L OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by enduro-ince View Post
beware of that front, I bought one, rode about five miles on it and promptly put the worn out desert IT back on, And then told all my friends to never buy a tire with sedona written on it. It was the worst front I'd ever tried...by far.
IMO, of course.
Thanks Ince and Assfault, tires are a tough call and always so subjective. I do like the IT's but something a little cheaper would be nice

Unless something drastic changes I will be sticking with the Golden Boy on the rear of my 610

Westfest 2013
Canyonlands Adventure Ride
COXR650L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:45 PM   #317
dmac1
Desert SW Luvr

Oddometer: 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellSickle View Post

Please remember and respect the speed limits in the Park.

So...ummm.....did he just discover that someone installed a massive restrictor plate in the back of his silencer before he tried to get up BH?
Old 02-12-2013, 09:47 PM   #318
HellSickle
Scone Rider

Oddometer: 8,854
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmac1 View Post
So...ummm.....did he just discover that someone installed a massive restrictor plate in the back of his silencer before he tried to get up BH?
It's a Supertrapp. Was way too loud at the time. He's since removed some plates.

HellSickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:12 AM   #319
TNC
Candyass Camper

Oddometer: 4,588
Hey COXR...are you guys camping near BH in the park or just outside? Seeing that "Overnight Use by Permit Only" sign reminded me of the CNP rules.
TNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:17 AM   #320
COXR650L OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNC View Post
Hey COXR...are you guys camping near BH in the park or just outside? Seeing that "Overnight Use by Permit Only" sign reminded me of the CNP rules.
Ya thats easy to forget about. We will be camping just a few miles after BH. There is a pretty nice little spur road that leads to secluded area that is real nice to throw a tent on.

Westfest 2013
Old 02-14-2013, 12:46 PM   #321
HellSickle
Scone Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by RideFreak View Post
Hope it's not too bad, that stuff can sideline ya all summer. Good luck with it Jeff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snooker View Post
Jeff, hope you are all healed and Paula decides to come to the Swell camp.
Knife on left hand scheduled for March 8th. Dr says I should be cleared for full activity in 3-4 weeks. I hope he's right. I'll also use this time to immobilize my left ADV-salute finger to resolve another overuse issue.

Old 02-14-2013, 03:32 PM   #322
RideFreak
Green Chile Eater

Oddometer: 5,590
Quote:
Knife on left hand scheduled for March 8th. Dr says I should be cleared for full activity in 3-4 weeks. I hope he's right. I'll also use this time to immobilize my left ADV-salute finger to resolve another overuse issue.
Sounds like it's not too tramatic of an operation with a 3-4 week recovery, def good news. 2yrs ago I broke my thumb and severly sprained my hand, when they finally took the cast off I declined tharapy and immediately went riding in the San Juans. It hurt like hell off an on the whole ride. I wanted to quit a few times but we were out in BFE on Pole Cr. Tr so I had to suck it up and motor on. Good thing was it was like having 2 months of tharapy in 3 days. The doc was pretty surprised that I had most of the mobility back by the followup visit.

We'll be holding your spot
RideFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:49 PM   #323
mylsmkj
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 923
Quote:
beware of that front, I bought one, rode about five miles on it and promptly put the worn out desert IT back on, And then told all my friends to never buy a tire with sedona written on it. It was the worst front I'd ever tried...by far.
IMO, of course.
You gave me that front tire, and never told me not to buy a tire with Sedona written on it.
mylsmkj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:19 PM   #324
COXR650L OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylsmkj View Post
You gave me that front tire, and never told me not to buy a tire with Sedona written on it.

Hmmm maybe he was trying to tell you something

Hellsickle-

Hope it all goes well.

Westfest 2013
Old 02-14-2013, 08:17 PM   #325
dmac1
Desert SW Luvr

Oddometer: 663
Quote:
Best wishes for a speedy recovery! Who's the doc? I've had multiple surgeries on both wrists and don't have a scaphoid in left anymore. Ended up in Vail going to see Dr. Viola at Steadman Hawkins. He was the only guy in the region who could fix me up after a botched job in Wheatridge. I can not say enough good stuff about Dr. Viola. Its a loong story dating to an injury in college playing tackle football inspired by a late night of partying...and then years of abusing it via mtn bike.

Do expect some hand therapy afterwards to get motion back. Good job RF of saving yourself some $ and fully stress testing your doc's work! LOL

Hopefully you're just getting carpal tunnel surgery. I had that too as a result of first surgery and it was not too big of a deal. I had the open variety....scope is obviously much less traumatic vs totally slicing your palm open.

Good luck for sure!
Dave

dmac1 screwed with this post 02-14-2013 at 08:38 PM
dmac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:30 AM   #326
AtomicXRer
Chile Eater

Oddometer: 3,983
Quote:
IMO, of course.
Never tried the front. The rears are great, I've had three of them. I can say that the Maxxis desert ITs rears are also good. The Maxxix front aren't that great either though.
Old 02-15-2013, 05:10 AM   #327
HellSickle
Scone Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmac1 View Post
Best wishes for a speedy recovery! Who's the doc? I've had multiple surgeries on both wrists and don't have a scaphoid in left anymore. Ended up in Vail going to see Dr. Viola at Steadman Hawkins. He was the only guy in the region who could fix me up after a botched job in Wheatridge. I can not say enough good stuff about Dr. Viola. Its a loong story dating to an injury in college playing tackle football inspired by a late night of partying...and then years of abusing it via mtn bike.

Do expect some hand therapy afterwards to get motion back. Good job RF of saving yourself some $ and fully stress testing your doc's work! LOL

Hopefully you're just getting carpal tunnel surgery. I had that too as a result of first surgery and it was not too big of a deal. I had the open variety....scope is obviously much less traumatic vs totally slicing your palm open.

Good luck for sure!
Dave
Carpal tunnel by Dr. Chamberlain in Fort Collins. Should be very straight forward. 45 years of riding and 30 years at a computer have taken their toll.

HellSickle screwed with this post 02-15-2013 at 07:21 AM
Old 02-15-2013, 07:04 AM   #328
TNC
Candyass Camper

Oddometer: 4,588
Quote:
Carpal tunnel by Dr. Chamerlain in Fort Collins. Should be very straight forward. 45 years of riding and 30 years at a computer have taken their toll.
Good healing when you git'er done. Utah and your 300 are calling.

On the tire comments, Atomic, I've stumbled upon the Kenda Parker Desert front tire. It's been downright awesome, and just recently I saw that it got top honors for DOT knobbies in Dirt Rider magazine. The rear was good too, but no better than a couple of other rear tires for less money that I've tried. That front, however, has been impressive. I really have problems with shredding side knobs on most all the front tires I've tried but not on the Parker.
TNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:54 AM   #329
enduro-ince
dirtslave

Oddometer: 4,991
Quote:
Originally Posted by mylsmkj View Post
notice I said "friends"......
Old 02-15-2013, 08:59 AM   #330
mylsmkj
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 923
Quote:
Originally Posted by COXR650L View Post
Hmmm maybe he was trying to tell you something
Quote:
notice I said "friends"......
Noted! Thanks fellas.