ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2013, 07:54 PM   #29761
Lonestar2112
scatology expert

Oddometer: 6,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by FZcruzer View Post
I have a set up Jeep unofficially for sale, and we are practically neighbors.
PM me, I do love jeeps. I am not real mobile for the next couple of days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Zorrillo View Post
bob fall down go boom
If I fall I normally make a big boom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbarstow View Post
What did you do now?
I was riding on a trail up by Big Sur and ended up having the front end washout, I was rolling about 25 mph up on the pegs. By time I hear it I was on the ground. Broken Collar bone and a rib. I know on the 19th if I need to have additional hardware installed.

Wypierdalaj ty chuju jebany
F*CK CANCER
Lonestar2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:48 AM   #29762
dzrtracin
ride'n 2 live

Oddometer: 2,727
Took a different ADVENTURE ride, what a kick in the pants it was.

If anyone is interested i bought 10 passes @ $100 a piece, smoking deal. I have 3 left, pm me if you want a pass for $100.

RIDE ON!
Old 02-07-2013, 11:37 AM   #29763
notmybikemodelname
KOTW is a myth!

Oddometer: 7,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar2112 View Post
Broken Collar bone and a rib. I know on the 19th if I need to have additional hardware installed.
Metal is good. Stronger than bone and when you die your family can just recycle you..... That's what I'm working towards.
notmybikemodelname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:13 PM   #29764
bigtodd
Hi, wanna ride?

Oddometer: 1,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmybikemodelname View Post
Metal is good. Stronger than bone and when you die your family can just recycle you..... That's what I'm working towards.

the little Terminator

SPOT - bigtodd - where I at now?
bigtodd.whereamiriding.com
bigtodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:05 PM   #29765
tbarstow
Two-wheelin' Fool

Oddometer: 3,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmybikemodelname View Post
FYI - beer does not cause corrosion of titanium.
tbarstow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:06 PM   #29766
Lonestar2112
scatology expert

Quote:
FYI - beer does not cause corrosion of titanium.
What about wine or boubon. Just in case I have to deal with it myself.

F*CK CANCER
Old 02-09-2013, 11:41 PM   #29767
tbarstow
Two-wheelin' Fool

Oddometer: 3,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar2112 View Post
What about wine or boubon. Just in case I have to deal with it myself.
Don't drink anhydrous chlorine or hydrofluoric acid.
tbarstow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:52 PM   #29768
Lonestar2112
scatology expert

Quote:
Don't drink anhydrous chlorine or hydrofluoric acid.
I think I am pretty safe then!

F*CK CANCER
Old 02-11-2013, 05:29 PM   #29769
Motomochila
Mechanically Inept

Oddometer: 862
Carrizo Plain threatened

From the AMA today;

Carrizo Plain National Monument: New rules threaten OHV use Take Action!

[ the Bozo's at the BLM have decided that our dual sport motorcycle excursions through the Carrizo plain should end]

On Dec. 21, the U.S. Bureau of Land Management announced establishment of interim final supplementary rules for public lands managed by the Carrizo Plain National Monument in Kern and San Luis Obispo counties, Calf.. The American Motorcyclist Association believes your comments are necessary to prevent the closing of this area to off-highway vehicle use.

As stated in the Bureau of Land Management’s Federal Register Notice:
“Recently there has been a noticeable increase in Off-Highway Vehicle (OHV) use in the Monument. Monument resources, including the majestic grasslands that offer refuge for endangered, threatened, and rare plant and animal species, are highly susceptible to damage from OHV use. The significant fossil assemblages and cultural artifacts associated with the Monument are also susceptible to OHV damage. This led to the determination during the planning process that non-street-legal vehicles generally are not compatible with the Monument Proclamation.”
The AMA is concerned the proposed actions may unnecessarily restrict street-legal, dual-purpose motorcycles. The AMA advocates responsible motorized recreation on public land. We want to ensure that our members and their friends and families will be able to continue to enjoy the American outdoors. Motorized recreation has a substantial and growing economic impact on many small communities in the West. We feel it is important that the management of BLM land be adequately defined and easily enforceable so that we avoid unnecessary restrictions being placed on America’s motorized outdoor recreation.

The AMA strongly encourages everyone who enjoys recreating on our nation’s federal land to provide comments. All comments must be received by Feb. 19 for full consideration. If you want to help protect the off-highway trails that you, your family and your friends enjoy, this is an opportunity you can't afford to miss! According to the Federal Register notice, all comments must be hand-delivered or mailed to the Bakersfield Field Office at the address below. Please print the provided comment letter, or even better, use your own words from personal experience, and send it in. In addition, we encourage you to utilize the automated system and send an email to the address provided.

Ryan Cooper
Outdoor Recreation Planner
3801 Pegasus Drive
Bakersfield, CA 93308
Tel: 661-391-6048
Email: racooper@blm.gov
Send written comments to:
Bureau of Land Management
Attention: Ryan Cooper
BLM Bakersfield Field Office
3801 Pegasus Drive
Bakersfield, CA 93308

Provide your comments today. You are encouraged to add personal stories to this prepared comment. Be sure to urge the BLM to keep every responsible user in mind. The AMA has prepared pre-written comments for you to send. You can act today by selecting the “Take Action” option.

Written comments on the interim final supplementary rules should be specific, confined to issues pertinent to the interim final supplementary rules, and explain the reason for any recommended change. Comments requesting changes to decisions in the RMP/ROD would be outside the scope of this rule making.

Where possible, comments should reference a specific provision of these interim final supplementary rules. The BLM need not consider or include in the Administrative Record: (a) Comments that the BLM receives after the close of the comment period Feb. 19, unless they are postmarked or electronically dated before the deadline, or (b) Comments delivered to an address other than one of those listed above.

Before including your address, telephone number, email address, or other personal identifying information in your comment, you should be aware that your entire comment--including your personal identifying information--may be made publicly available at any time. While you can ask the BLM in your comment to withhold your personal identifying information from public review, they cannot guarantee that they will be able to do so.

Please join the AMA to help us fight these efforts to end responsible motorized recreation. More members means more clout against our opponents, and your support will help the AMA fight for your rights – on the road, trail, racetrack, and in the halls of government. To join, go to AmericanMotorcyclist.com/membership/join.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:27 PM   #29770
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 16,239
many of us didn't even know there's an OHV area in the Carrizo National Monument.....

i enjoy RIDING THRU carrizo and still it matters to me that public lands, including ohv areas are being taken away,

just did a ride there a few weeks ago.

thanks moto and i will pass the info, plus will do my share.

agree, we have to support ama by being a member. i'm on my 3rd year and on automatic membership renewal.
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:02 PM   #29771
ddennis669
Adventurer

Oddometer: 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSFW View Post
many of us didn't even know there's an OHV area in the Carrizo National Monument.....
There isn't an "OHV area" as such. Off Highway Vehicles had previously been allowed on the BLM roads in the Carrizo Plain National Monument. OHVs were never legal to operate on SLO county roads such as the Elkhorn and Soda Lake Roads and Off Highway travel has never been permitted.

One should be clear that this is about a loss of OHV access. That is an issue for concern. While it makes sense for the AMA to express concerns that "the proposed actions may unnecessarily restrict street-legal, dual-purpose motorcycles.", the elimination of OHV use from the BLM roads inside the National Monument boundaries does not change dual sport motorcycle use on BLM or SLO county roads.

BTW, Ryan Cooper, the BLM Recreation Coordinator that we should write to, has publicly voiced support for dual sport rides through the Carrizo. I think he would love hearing from the ADV community.

ddennis669 screwed with this post 02-11-2013 at 10:33 PM
ddennis669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:07 PM   #29772
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddennis669 View Post
There isn't an "OHV area" as such. Off Highway Vehicles had previously been allowed on the BLM roads in the Carrizo Plain National Monument. OHVs were never legal to operate on SLO county roads such as the Elkhorn and Soda Lake Roads and Off Highway travel has never been permitted.

One should be clear that this is about a loss of OHV access. That is an issue for concern. While it makes sense for the AMA to express concerns that "the proposed actions may unnecessarily restrict street-legal, dual-purpose motorcycles.", the elimination of OHV use from the BLM roads inside the National Monument boundaries does not change dual sport motorcycle use on BLM or SLO county roads.

BTW, Ryan Cooper, the BLM Recreation Coordinator that we should write to, has publicly voiced support for dual sport rides through the Carrizo. I think he would love hearing from the ADV community.
thanks dave for clarifying the ohv thing.

even with a better understanding of the blm statement, i still have some apprehension. their action is leading somewhere.

“Recently there has been a noticeable increase in Off-Highway Vehicle (OHV) use in the Monument. Monument resources, including the majestic grasslands that offer refuge for endangered, threatened, and rare plant and animal species, are highly susceptible to damage from OHV use. The significant fossil assemblages and cultural artifacts associated with the Monument are also susceptible to OHV damage. This led to the determination during the planning process that non-street-legal vehicles generally are not compatible with the Monument Proclamation.”
Old 02-12-2013, 07:40 PM   #29773
pinocono
Husky Dü

Oddometer: 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSFW View Post
IMAO, cattle grazing is the biggest threat to the Carrizo Plains, but they have a stronger lobby.
pinocono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:48 PM   #29774
r'elise me
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 243
I'm new here and wondering where you post plans for "LA Adventure Rides" ? I'm being a little sarcastic, but with almost 2k pages on this thread I'm wondering if there's a more of a listing thread for upcoming rides where noobs like me can maybe hook up with more experienced local riders and learn the routes and that sort of thing.

I've got the toys and the time, but I have no idea WTF I'm doing! Pretty scary, huh!?

13 year old boy - baddest-ass toy I've ever had
r'elise me is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:39 PM   #29775
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Quote:
Originally Posted by r'elise me View Post
I'm new here and wondering where you post plans for "LA Adventure Rides" ? I'm being a little sarcastic, but with almost 2k pages on this thread I'm wondering if there's a more of a listing thread for upcoming rides where noobs like me can maybe hook up with more experienced local riders and learn the routes and that sort of thing.

I've got the toys and the time, but I have no idea WTF I'm doing! Pretty scary, huh!?

glen, good chance this saturday, a few PPs will be at Rowher Flats. i will take the small ktm for the first time on dirt. this place has trails for everyone. easy to crazy. you'll like it.

plan on @ 8 am,

we'll decide where to meet before saturday.