User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2012, 02:02 AM   #436
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 370
Dear Wizz,
many of the traditional neck braces can be used over the Ergo 365 Pro Expedition without problems, nevertheless the best solution in terms of protection and comfort is to use a Spidi Neck DPS Vest.

This airbag vest that Spidi kept developing since over 10 years, provides a neck and spinal support along with the Ergo's stock EN1621-2 Lev.2 back protector and prEN1621-3 chest protector.
It prevents dangerous movements of the neck in event of a crash, without affecting the riding comfort during the ride.

This system is fully restorable, weight only 1,40Kg, and is available both in the vented black edition or the EN 471 High visibility certified version.

Thank for your interest

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

Spidi is creator of Ergo Jacket.

Visit us here.

Spidi - on track screwed with this post 12-17-2012 at 02:14 AM
Spidi - on track is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:36 PM   #437
wizz
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 816
Do you have overpants other than superstorms. Could not find much info on these ie what they are made, level of protection, venting. Any info?
thanks
wizz
wizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 06:33 PM   #438
wizz
Studly Adventurer

Also, regarding dps neck vest, how practicall is it when coming off the bike is a tad more common. Would a person have to carry a carton of cartridges if riding multiday dual sport rides?
thanks
wizz
Old 12-21-2012, 02:49 AM   #439
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizz View Post
Do you have overpants other than superstorms. Could not find much info on these ie what they are made, level of protection, venting. Any info?
thanks
wizz
Hi wizz,

you can find more info on Superstorm at this page:
http://www.spidi.com/eu/eu_en/motorc...orm-h2out.html

If you're looking for an heavier over pant, I suggest you the all new Gradus II, an evolution of the previous successful Gradus pants, including Forcetech knee protectors as standard.
You can find it here:

http://www.spidi.com/eu/eu_en/motorc...s-ii-pant.html

Thank for your interest

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

To stay updated over Spidi new products, like! > http://www.facebook.com/spidisport

Visit us here.
Old 12-21-2012, 05:29 PM   #440
wizz
Studly Adventurer

So, Ive decided on the ergo 365 but am having a hard time figuring out how to get one. Revzilla has one in black that was 20% off, went to order it the next day and sale was over. They couldnt extend it for me because it was a manufacturers sale I guess. I think I want the sand anyway for greater temp versatility (please correct me if Im wrong about this). I have a feeling the black would get fairly hot at low speeds off road, and Im thinking this jacket can handle the trans america trail as well as street on my multi, yes? How do I go about ordering a white ergo 365? Im 6'2 195 slim build, Im guessing XL? Still wondering if the neck vest would be suitable for offroad where get offs, at least for me, are more common.
thanks for all your help and looking forward to being able to try out your gear.

wizz

Oh, and I live 5 hours from anywhere which hampers my ability to find good gear in person.
Old 12-22-2012, 06:06 AM   #441
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizz View Post
So, Ive decided on the ergo 365 but am having a hard time figuring out how to get one. Revzilla has one in black that was 20% off, went to order it the next day and sale was over. They couldnt extend it for me because it was a manufacturers sale I guess. I think I want the sand anyway for greater temp versatility (please correct me if Im wrong about this). I have a feeling the black would get fairly hot at low speeds off road, and Im thinking this jacket can handle the trans america trail as well as street on my multi, yes? How do I go about ordering a white ergo 365? Im 6'2 195 slim build, Im guessing XL? Still wondering if the neck vest would be suitable for offroad where get offs, at least for me, are more common.
thanks for all your help and looking forward to being able to try out your gear.

wizz

Oh, and I live 5 hours from anywhere which hampers my ability to find good gear in person.
Wizz,

first of all your size: you're an XL both in Ergo Jacket and Pants.
The sand color is the best for summer riding, it needs a bit more of cleaning but the external fabric is teflon treated which keeps stains a bit off.
The neck vest is a perfect combination for the Ergo, just be aware of sizing, I suggest an XXL in fact, because your going to use over the Ergo which is a bit bigger then normal, when used with all layers and pockets. Vest could be easily adjusted over it anyway.
About where to buy, Revzilla is a good dealer for sure, I believe it's hard they discount Ergo because we do not allow discounts on current collections, plus it's very rare to find Ergo because the production in very limited and demand is high.
As an alternative, you can buy from this link (delivery is free): http://www.spidi.com/eu/eu_en/motorc...-exp-suit.html
You can even write to my colleagues in Spidi HQ to ask for more details about payment, logistics etc. : infoservice@spidi.com

Thank for your interest

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

To stay updated over Spidi new products, like! > http://www.facebook.com/spidisport

Visit us here.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:08 PM   #442
pklop
shit happens

Oddometer: 71
hard track and multitech

Hi Matteo,

Today i had a change to take a look at your new Hard Track jacket. I also tried one on in the store. This really is a fantastic (look and function) and very comfortable feeling jacket!

I did however go to the store to take a look at another jacket: the Multitech Armor Tex jacket. Unfortunately they didn't have one for me to see or try. Before i go forward with this i wanted to ask you the following;

- can i fit a Chest Protector Thorax Warrior (code Z157S) in the Multitech Armor jacket?
- can i fit an Back Warrior Evo Inside (code Z147) in the Multitech?

These would be interesting upgrades to the standard included armor (resp the warrior back and chest).

For sizing; the Hard Track in size L fitted correctly. Normally i'm a size M (i'm from the netherlands) but with your jacket i needed to go one larger for the length of the sleeves/arms. I assume that i therefor also need the Multitech jacket in size L, correct? (I'm 179cm and thin). I worry that the arms will not be long enough since the Multitech sleeves seem to be shorter than usual? (l read a lot of reviews :o).

Thank you Matteo,

kind regards,

Peter
pklop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:00 AM   #443
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Hi Peter,
I forwarded your request to my collegues in Spidi, and I'm happy to confirm you this;

- Yeah, you can equip the Thorax Warrior protector to the Multitech Armor. It uses in facts the very same attachments of the stock Chest Protector.

- You can also equip the Lev.2 Warrior Back protector in place of the stock Lev.1.

About the the sizing, if you were more comfortable with the L size on the Hard Track jacket, you will for sure find the L size to be the best solution even for the Multitech Armor. Than you'll still be able to perfectly adjust your weist volumes using the Velcros on each side of the Multitech Armor.

Of course you'll have to figure out what kind of riding will you be doing while using the jacket, since they are a very different kind of products.

Hard Track is a 360į touring jacket, featuring a removable H2Out waterproof/windproof and breathable membrane, as well as a removable thermo lining on the inside; Multitech Armor is a mesh jacket performing great on hot climates, but without any protection against rain and windchill.

Thank for your interest

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

To stay updated over Spidi new products, like! > http://www.facebook.com/spidisport __________________

Visit us here.

Spidi - on track screwed with this post 01-18-2013 at 06:23 AM
Old 01-18-2013, 04:29 PM   #444
pklop
shit happens

hard track and multitech

Thank you very much for this information Matteo.
I'll like the idea of the Multitech Armor jacket instead of a typical pressure suit / body protector, especially with the armor upgrades i mentioned.

If there are possibilities to upgrade the shoulder (or elbow) armor also, please let me know. This because i don't understand the difference, in terms of protection, between the three armors you carry: the multitech, forcetech and biomechanic. The shoulder armor could perhaps be made bigger with the biomechanic, although i don't think these shall fit the jacket.

I understand the need for an additional outer shell (jacket) for colder/wetter weather comfort.
I already have some jackets but perhaps i should order a Hard Track without the liners and armor (just the outer shell) to go with the upgraded Multitech. If that's at all possible.
And you also have the Rain Chest h2out Underjacket as one of the possibilities for cold/wind resistance (during summer).

Anyhow,
I'll think about it some more but believe i will pull the trigger on this one (the multitech jacket) soon.

By the way; i ordered your new Biomechanic Belt a few weeks ago online. I like it's elasticity. That makes it very comfortable. More so than others i tried (it's more elastic than others.

kind regards,

Peter

pklop screwed with this post 01-19-2013 at 11:36 AM Reason: added some links
Old 01-19-2013, 11:43 AM   #445
pklop
shit happens

Multitech

Good day Matteo,

Today i managed to find a Multitech Jacket in the store of a dealer of your products. They had (only) the size L we talked about. Unfortunately it didn't fit right. It didn't fit snug. The sleeves were long enough and the elbow armor at the correct location. But the position of the armor for the shoulders was not right. The position was below my shoulders. So the top of the shoulders were exposed.

They didn't have a size smaller (M) to try on. I think that with size M the sleeves could be too short and i wonder if it would mean that the elbow armor will be positioned to high (in size M) because now it was just perfect at the elbows (in size L).

I had the same problem with your Defender Armor that i wanted to buy a few months back. The shoulder-armor where positioned to low (i wanted the170/80) and even with the smaller sizes (the 160/170) this didn't change enough. In the end i bought the Defender Back&Chest 170/180 instead and combined it with a dainese shirt with armor in the shoulders and elbows.

Because of that experience i'm reluctant to go forward with this. I will first try to find a size M somewhere.
Do you know if the M jacket is al few centimeters narrower in the shoulders than the L? If it is perhaps this could make that the armor doesn't go to far past my shoulders as it did now.

regards,

Peter
Old 01-24-2013, 03:35 AM   #446
Tedali
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Question Spidi Ergo 365 Pro Expedition Suit 2013

Hi Matteo,

First of all I have to commend you for your professionalism and your continuous willingness to respond to all queries addresses to you. It is not a common attitude of many vendors especially not in my country
I am very much interested in purchasing the Ergo 365 Pro Expedition Suit. I have two questions please:

1- Are you making any improvements to this model this year? In other threads, few owners have highlighted some problems with wet sleeves after rain (waterproofness of the outer shell) though they were satisfied in general.
2- I cannot find the Ergo 365 Pro at the local dealer to try on. They only order on request but they have a Marathon suit and the size that fitted me was XL. Can I assume that the same size would be suitable for me with the Ergo 365 suit (pants+jacket)?

Thank you for your advice

Toufik
Tedali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:51 AM   #447
nikoktm
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 260
Hi Mateo,

I'm wondering if you can assit me.
I order a Spidi Ergo pro H2out pants from Motostorm. I just check on the size chart and acording to that I will fit on the "L" ones. The guys from Motostorm recommend me size "XL". I'm 1.79 cm tall and my waist is 97 1/2. Usually I wear jeans size 34.
Also I'm thinking in order the Spidi rain Salopette. Do I need to order those ones on size "XL" as well? I'm also order the Ergo 365 Pro Expedition in size XL.

Mateo, any advise will be highly appreciated!

nikoktm screwed with this post 01-24-2013 at 04:06 AM
nikoktm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:20 AM   #448
pklop
shit happens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedali View Post
First of all I have to commend you for your professionalism and your continuous willingness to respond to all queries addresses to you.
I agree to some degree :o)
It's nice to have someone within Spidi to talk to.
Spidi stands (imo) for (quality) technical riding gear. Reading through this thread i see some technical questions where ignored, or perhaps i should say there are some half-answered questions. Is that a fair assessment? That doesn't negate the fact that it's very good from Matteo to be us of service here. I think we all find this very valuable. So i agree (to some degree :o).

Matteo i have arranged a smaller Multitech Jacket through one of your dealers in order to try one out.

Kind regards,

Peter
Old 01-28-2013, 02:34 AM   #449
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Hi Adventurers, I'm sorry to reply just now. Got very very busy lately.
Here are the reply you were waiting foro. Let start from Peter:

- Peter - Glad you were able to arrange a fitting for Multutech Armor size M. I believe you'll be comfortable in it. Plus you'll easily adjust it to your body sizes using Velcros and fastening featured on the Multitech.

- Toufik -What you're talking about is due to the material of the inner side of the outer shell's sleeves. As you know, the outer shell of the ERGO is taylored with a 3layers polyammide fabric which is water repellent treated. This feature, as well as the presence of the H2Out waterproof/breathable membrane on the inside of the jacket, offers an incomparable rain protection to the jacket. Due to the riding needs, and the freedom of movement that is request to such a jacket, we preferred using a single layer -hi tenacy- fabric on that very part of the sleeves. This soluition doesn't affect at all the waterproofness of the ERGO. You might just notice the outer fabric to get a little wet, but on the inside it'll be 100% dry. Of course this is something it'll only happen after several hours under an heavy rain, and won't affect in any way your riding experience.
About the sizing, if you felt good on the XL Marathon, you'll also find the XL to be the right size for the Ergo as well.

- NikoKtm- Hi Nico, how are you? I think you should go for the XL too. Remember you'll always have the possibility to adjust the protector's position to fit your body. About the Rain Salopette, i recommend to get the XL too.

Thank for your interest

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

Visit us here.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:03 PM   #450
koraed77
Traveller

Oddometer: 3
A question about abrasion resistance in mesh jackets

Hi Matteo,

This is Peter.
Could you please help me to choose a jacket with great ventilation but also with the good abrasion resistance.

I realize that Ergo 365 is the best for now in terms of abrasion, tear & etc. resistance and it's even CE 13395 certified.
But I really like the Netforce which has more ventilation features and will be really cool in hot Moscow weather. And as far as I understand it has Tenax reinforcements in impact areas.

I'd like to find out more about this tenax fabric. Is it possible to see any test results on abrasion resistance for Tenax?

Is it possible to compare Netforce to Step-In Ride Jacket for abrasion resistance? Especially in impact areas? Leather vs Tenax?

And the last question - do you think that Hard Track will be more abrasion resistant than Netforce? WHat about ventilation? Is it as good as in Ergo 365?

Look forward to hearing from you.
Thanks!

koraed77 is offline   Reply With Quote