Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2013, 01:29 PM   #3181
Spud Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexp87 View Post
Thanks for finding that. I'll be calling them in the morning. Ellensburg is only about 2 hours away or so.
You're welcome. I saved you over $1,000. Do I get a "finder's fee?"

Spud
2005 XR650L: Shorai Battery Relocation, Spud Oil Cooler, XR650R C/S Sprocket, Reinforced Subframe, Chain Slipper Roller, Performance Design Lowering Link, Baja Designs Headlight, FMF Hi-Flo Header, ManRacks SD Rack, ManRacks Front Fender Farkle, CST Surge I Front Tire, D952 Rear Tire, Tusk D-Flex Handguards, Uni Air Filter, No-Toil Evolution air filter oil
Spud Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:05 PM   #3182
LiquidYogi
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spud Rider View Post
You're welcome. I saved you over $1,000. Do I get a "finder's fee?"

Spud
Hey save me some money and I'll...send you pictures of the money I saved...

Not that anyone cares but this is an experience that me and another potential buyer are going through in Seattle.

I-90 motorsports $5824
Lake City Powersports $5627
Ride Motorsports $5600
Everett Powersports $5757

LiquidYogi screwed with this post 02-13-2013 at 03:11 PM
LiquidYogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:30 PM   #3183
Harcomo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 119
FMF Q4 not for me

Right after the first of the year, I ordered an FMF Q4 slip-on muffler for my 250L because I liked the idea of the weight savings and the nice look of the muffler and stainless midpipe. Well, after two different short jaunts around town on a couple of nice afternoons, I can now say that the Q4 is a touch too loud for an old guy like me. It's a shame because otherwise I really like the looks of it and it's a heck of a lot lighter than the stock muffler. So this afternoon, I put the stock muffler back on and took a spin around the block and I'm happy once again!Yep, quiet is good for me, but I just had to find out for myself and now I know I like that stock muffler better than I had thought! I'll probably put the Q4 up for sale in the Flea Market forum and maybe someone else can use it on their 250L.
Harcomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:55 PM   #3184
Krono
Speed Junkie

Oddometer: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harcomo View Post
Right after the first of the year, I ordered an FMF Q4 slip-on muffler for my 250L because I liked the idea of the weight savings and the nice look of the muffler and stainless midpipe. Well, after two different short jaunts around town on a couple of nice afternoons, I can now say that the Q4 is a touch too loud for an old guy like me. It's a shame because otherwise I really like the looks of it and it's a heck of a lot lighter than the stock muffler. So this afternoon, I put the stock muffler back on and took a spin around the block and I'm happy once again!Yep, quiet is good for me, but I just had to find out for myself and now I know I like that stock muffler better than I had thought! I'll probably put the Q4 up for sale in the Flea Market forum and maybe someone else can use it on their 250L.
Same impression here with the Q4, unbearably loud ...

But I made a dBkiller

L
Old 02-13-2013, 03:30 PM   #3185
gnath9
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post

But I made a dBkiller

L
not sure where but, I read something about an insert you can make to quiet it up a bit. Might be worth researching a bit.

Just a thought.
gnath9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:41 PM   #3186
Harcomo
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnath9 View Post
not sure where but, I read something about an insert you can make to quiet it up a bit. Might be worth researching a bit.

Just a thought.
I read all I could on quieting down the Q4 but couldn't find anything that really looked like it would work withouth a lot of trouble.....and then who knows.....it might not be much quieter at that. I think I'll just move it on to someone else that can use it better than me.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:03 PM   #3187
LiquidYogi
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Does anyone have experience with both the Q4 and the Yoshimura RS-4 full systems and can comment on how loud they are?
LiquidYogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:29 PM   #3188
'Flagger
..this space for rent..

Oddometer: 2,371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post

But I made a dBkiller

L
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnath9 View Post

Just a thought.
Isn't this 'insert' you're talking about the dBKiller mentioned in the previous post? Sort of a homemade version of this?

Proud to be an inmate of AdvRider.
'Flagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:45 PM   #3189
goondock
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
Blinker relay??

YES MORE BLINKER RELATED QUESTIONS..

does anyone know where the blinker relay is located and what it looks like? i was told it is is located under tank, between resistor and ECU. but i pretty much have the bike in peices and cant find it.. i am trying to do it without removing the tank. any help would be great.

Thanks
goondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:58 PM   #3190
Harcomo
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Flagger View Post
Isn't this 'insert' you're talking about the dBKiller mentioned in the previous post? Sort of a homemade version of this?
I had looked at the dbDawg but didn't think one would work with the bolt that FMF uses now to hold the spark arrestor insert in with.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:08 PM   #3191
'Flagger
..this space for rent..

Oddometer: 2,371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harcomo View Post
I had looked at the dbDawg but didn't think one would work with the bolt that FMF uses now to hold the spark arrestor insert in with.
It appears that since the disk that sits outside of the exhaust isn't inserted into the pipe exit, all that would be needed is rotate the dbDawg so as to avoid interference with the part that does go into the pipe exit.

Admittedly, I don't have one to install, but here's pretty good photo of what it looks like.

Proud to be an inmate of AdvRider.
'Flagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:33 PM   #3192
goondock
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
found this, should help, figured i would post it incase someone else has the same problems:
http://www.yamahapartshouse.com/oemp...b/wire-harness
goondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:42 PM   #3193
Rad_Leo
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaw777 View Post
Any pix without the pad? Not sure I am a big fan of the Pad.
I do have a gps that I mount to the stock bars, wonder if that is a possibility with these bars?
Thanks
I'm not sure how the GPS mount will fit on the larger bars, it might be possible to mount it near the hand controls. Maybe next to the left mirror

Rad_Leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:31 PM   #3194
Lost Rider
Unsubscribed.

Oddometer: 3,237
I'm not sure if you guys wanting to mount a GPS on the fatbars are using a RAM type mount, most GPS mounts are compatible with them, but this could be an option.
I like this setup on my other bikes, nice and clean. I happened to have an extra standard u-clamp mount to put on the LRP, or else I'd have bought the cleaner option, would work with any bars since it goes into the top clamp.

http://www.rammount.com/CatalogResul...5/Default.aspx

Similar to this, but cleaner and not bar restricted.

LostRider.com

Lost Rider screwed with this post 02-13-2013 at 06:47 PM
Lost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:45 PM   #3195
Red Rider~
Adventurer

Oddometer: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by goondock View Post
found this, should help, figured i would post it incase someone else has the same problems:
http://www.yamahapartshouse.com/oemp...b/wire-harness
Hi Goondock,
Have you tried using a resister inline with your LED signal? I understand that the stock flasher relay will not cause the LED to flash until you put a resister in line. This is due to the very low power consumption of the LED as compared to an incandescent bulb. I'm converting to LED and ordered these... Will not have a chance to install till March due to work schedule.

http://www.wheelingcyclesupply.com/shop/36/24/583.shtml
Red Rider~ is offline   Reply With Quote