2013 + Honda CB1100

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by cabanza, Aug 24, 2012.

1. HapHazard

HapHazard Be Kind - Rewind

Oddometer:
    ^You're not going to save any lives with those pipes!:lol3
  2. RaY YreKa

RaY YreKa AA Zoom Baby

Oddometer:
  3. straightrod

straightrod Long timer

Oddometer:
    That is just fine with me.
  4. Gas Hog

Gas Hog Two Wheel Fanatic

Oddometer:
    :rofl:rofl
    I wonder if the delay between shots was because they had to refuel..:wink:
    Gary
  5. The other Ferret

The other Ferret Motorcycle nut

Oddometer:
    When it is accelerating away from the camera it sounds very much like a CB 750 of old with stock pipes.
  6. jon_l

jon_l Long timer

Oddometer:
    Prices start at about $215!

7. dirtdreamer50

dirtdreamer50 long time rider

Oddometer:
    My first bike was a 64 Black n White 50cc version. Think I paid $75 for it in '70. Top speed was 45mph. Fun around town, but freeways were no-no's. Really don't need 100hp around town, but it's fun to have....
  8. markjenn

markjenn Long timer

Oddometer:
    $1700 in today's dollars. And $2K is not coincidentally where most of the 50cc scooters are around these days. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

- Mark
  9. jon_l

jon_l Long timer

Oddometer:
    Good point Mark. My first summer job (early 70's) was working in a Pepsi bottling plant slinging empty wooden 24 bottle crates onto the washing line conveyor for $1.65 / hour. I thought I was rich!
  10. The other Ferret

Oddometer:
    You were rich. My first real job ( not delivering newspapers, cutting grass, or shoveling snow) was as a bus boy at a local restaurant .... in 1965, I made $ 1.00 an hour and bought my first new motorcycle with the earnings, a Harley badged Aermacchi M 50. Woo hoo freedom baby! I could fill the tank for 50 cents and ride for days.
  11. markjenn

markjenn Long timer

Oddometer:
    Same here. I think my first job was for minimum wage which was $1.25/hr. I probably had more pocket money with this job than any job since. That job did fund the lion's share of a new turquoise-blue 1970 $765 CB350. I've owned 50+ bikes since, but none seemed as cool as that bike when I bought it.

- Mark
  12. eatpasta

eatpasta Lawnmower Target Supporter

Oddometer:
    What's with the stalker footage??

:nah
  13. rdltmc3

rdltmc3 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    sat on this bike at the motorcycle show in chicago last week, good looking bike except the ugly exhaust manufactures are using now a days. first impression was seat the seat seemed to high (I'm 6'0 and 185lbs) the bars and controls seemed to be at perfect locations but my knees seemed very high on the tank. I see this being a fun bike around town or small 1-up trips but feel the wife would complain with in an hour.

looking forward to actual owner reviews in the up coming months.
  14. dirtdreamer50

Oddometer:
    Makes it more artsy fartsy and mysterious...Or maybe the only place to position the shot w/o getting run over by the CB...
  15. eatpasta

eatpasta Lawnmower Target Supporter

Oddometer:
    there IS a difference between artsy fartsy and crappy....

:lol3
  16. dirtdreamer50

Oddometer:
    I wasn't being serious, just a hint of sarcasm, but I do believe the vidiographer was attempting the artsy fartsy. Kinda like spy shots...down low, through the bushes. Maybe they hired a PI to do the shoot... tp
  17. The other Ferret

Oddometer:
    Notice how out of control he was on that crappy hardly adjustable suspension? :eek1. ( that was sarcasm for those that don't recognize it)
  18. dirtdreamer50

Oddometer:
    Sure wish these bikes would show up, so we could start reading actual rider reports and mods being done. It's like we are currently discussing ghosts, or the quality of videos. I'm guilty of it too. Another month or so, I guess... tp dd50
  19. dpg

dpg Adventurer

Oddometer:
    ^^^^ I feel ya. Well, I did my part today. I put $1000 down on the first ABS to arrive at my local dealer. I was all set to put money down 250 mi. away if anyone remembers my saga and my local dealership called me to tell me they had a new offer for me. It was way less than what I offered to pay originally (msrp). I don't really understand the logic in their approach to doing business but they seemed happy with the deal and I am delighted. Still not as cheap as traveling for my new bike but more convenient and I pleased to say I will be supporting my local dealership. The deposit is refundable too just incase it isn't all that I am dreaming it will be. I don't think of myself as a materialistic person but I have never been so excited to get a "thing" in my life!!!!:freaky Let the waiting begin......I mean continue.
  20. furious_blue

furious_blue Adventurer

Oddometer:
    yay ! Can't wait to hear about it !
    I'm *3rd* in line at my dealer. If those ahead of me are as serious as I am, I may be waiting for more than a year for mine :-o

This is as bad as trying to buy a Harley in the 90's (at which time the dealer laughed at me when I walked in with cash and told me to 'get in line')