ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-10-2013, 10:49 AM   #1
VWTim OP
n00b
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Oddometer: 5
Seattle: Looking to try on a Roadcrafter 50L/52R

So I tried it with a used Roadcrafter off E-bay following the size chart off Aerostich's website. Close, but no cigar, unless I ride without pants, or like my legs asleep after 20 minutes. SO.

Anyone wear a 50L or 52R Roadcrafter 1-piece they'd be willing to let me try on? I'll buy you a beer or coffee or something for your trouble.

I'm in Ballard, work in Everett, but can meet anywhere within reason.


Thanks in advance.
VWTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:43 PM   #2
Wirewiz
Adventurer
 
Wirewiz's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Oddometer: 27
How tall are you? I have a 52' and i think it's a short. (If memory serves correctly)
I am in Oly if you wanna tryit.
Wirewiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:59 AM   #3
VWTim OP
n00b
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Oddometer: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wirewiz View Post
How tall are you? I have a 52' and i think it's a short. (If memory serves correctly)
I am in Oly if you wanna tryit.

Shoot, don't think a 52S will work. I'm a hair under 6'-2" If I travel thru there I may get ahold of you anyway to see.
VWTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:12 PM   #4
Wirewiz
Adventurer
 
Wirewiz's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Oddometer: 27
FWiW

Just so you know Aerostich Customer service is outstanding.
I first bought a regular and I was swimming in it. I bought one of the premade sale items.
When I called and told them what the problem was they squared me right up I sent back the other and they shipped out a
Brand new one immediately. No trouble at all. i decided to try a short ( there recommendation ) and it fit fine.
Great customer service.
Wirewiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:08 AM   #5
VWTim OP
n00b
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Oddometer: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wirewiz View Post
Just so you know Aerostich Customer service is outstanding.
I first bought a regular and I was swimming in it. I bought one of the premade sale items.
When I called and told them what the problem was they squared me right up I sent back the other and they shipped out a
Brand new one immediately. No trouble at all. i decided to try a short ( there recommendation ) and it fit fine.
Great customer service.

Thanks for that. I've dealt with Aerostich a couple times and they've been great. I'm trying to focus on a used suit for the time being and see if I really wear it as much as I think I will. Then it will be time for a custom model.
VWTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:31 PM   #6
wibby
BrotherFromAnotherMother
 
wibby's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Grass Pants Orygun
Oddometer: 10,527
A little out of your way , but I have a 50 L custom (no idea what has been done to it)
__________________
'05 DL650
'92 KDX200
wibby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:48 AM   #7
VWTim OP
n00b
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Oddometer: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by wibby View Post
A little out of your way , but I have a 50 L custom (no idea what has been done to it)

Shoot, my home's in Corvallis, OR but we don't make it further south very often.
VWTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:04 PM   #8
Danodemotoman
Danodemotoman
 
Danodemotoman's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: Graham WA
Oddometer: 251
VWTIM
I have a 50L with long torso option , tho I am south sound, south of Pooyalup, Y'all...
Sure, you can try it.
I am retired/underemployed so time is not a problem if'n can get out of bed before noon .. LOL
Kent might be OK for me...
__________________
Yo ho,yo ho it's a bikers life for me
Danodemotoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:49 PM   #9
FastMag
Gnarly Adventurer
 
FastMag's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: Oregon
Oddometer: 132
I have a 48L two piece in Salem.
__________________
2012 Suzuki DL650A
1980 Yamaha IT175
1975 Honda XL175
1974 Honda CT70
FastMag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:03 PM   #10
VWTim OP
n00b
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Oddometer: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danodemotoman View Post
VWTIM
I have a 50L with long torso option , tho I am south sound, south of Pooyalup, Y'all...
Sure, you can try it.
I am retired/underemployed so time is not a problem if'n can get out of bed before noon .. LOL
Kent might be OK for me...
I'll be passing your neck of the woods next week. PM incoming.
VWTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:11 AM   #11
Underdog71
n00b
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Oddometer: 3
Aerostich in Seattle

Aerostich is coming to Seattle May 16-20th - check out www.aerostich.com/popupsea
Underdog71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014