Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2013, 03:43 PM   #1576
2whlrcr
gooligan

Oddometer: 5,950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy View Post
You"re ahead of me. I went to a massage therapist trying to get moving again without a limp.
We are making progress.
Your wife buys that?
2whlrcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:03 PM   #1577
motojunky
Professional Idiot

Oddometer: 1,075
Scouting Ride

I have access to a piece of property across the road but I haven't ridden there much in the last couple of years. Since most of my "at home" riding is alone, I usually ride in my backyard or in the adjacent woods. Now that I have a local riding buddy (who wasn't available today), it's time to ride there again. About 8-10 years ago, my neighbor and I cut a ~1.5 mile tight single track loop for our dirt bikes and it's almost completely undetectable. I was able to pick through it a couple of years ago, but between new growth and downed tress, it's almost gone.

Anyway, I poked around in one open area where I like to play and explored around some other areas. There's a lot that can be ridden now and a lot that will just need a little bit of machete work. Some of it is barely passable now and completely impassable in the spring/summer. I'm looking forward to getting some areas ridden in before the green starts to grow again.

motojunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:08 PM   #1578
Gordy
Team Listo

Oddometer: 22,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2whlrcr View Post
Your wife buys that?
So far. $100/hour all at her place.
Gordy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:11 PM   #1579
GrayEagleRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 230
Rub it in, Hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by motojunky View Post
I have access to a piece of property across the road but I haven't ridden there much in the last couple of years. Since most of my "at home" riding is alone, I usually ride in my backyard or in the adjacent woods. Now that I have a local riding buddy (who wasn't available today), it's time to ride there again. About 8-10 years ago, my neighbor and I cut a ~1.5 mile tight single track loop for our dirt bikes and it's almost completely undetectable. I was able to pick through it a couple of years ago, but between new growth and downed tress, it's almost gone.

Anyway, I poked around in one open area where I like to play and explored around some other areas. There's a lot that can be ridden now and a lot that will just need a little bit of machete work. Some of it is barely passable now and completely impassable in the spring/summer. I'm looking forward to getting some areas ridden in before the green starts to grow again.

Rub it in why don't you! You had to add pictures to see what I was missing, didn't you?

Looks like a blast, can't wait for more warm weekends.
GrayEagleRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:48 PM   #1580
jonnyc21
Trials ninja

Oddometer: 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADVCoop View Post
Thanks! And I agree I'd rather mess with aesthetics than major mechanical issues. It also came with new brake pads, new fork seals and caps, new wheel bearings and a mess of new spokes.

Congrats on your Montessa, it's a beauty!
Extra parts are always a +. The guy I picked the Montesa up from had 2 extra filters, and all the parts needed for the change, 3 jugs of oil, an extra set of fenders, brake pads front and rear, etc. I could keep going but lets just say I don't need anything for months and can replace all of the most common breakable bits and not be out a bike... was a good buy...
jonnyc21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:41 PM   #1581
grizzzly
The Pre-Banned Version

Oddometer: 3,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy View Post

Go get em grizzz! It looks like the wind strom ran out of gas and its going to be a nice day............if they can find any of the ribbon.
I had a few issues with the bike, and it still isn’t running right. And I rode like S#!T.
The weather was great, and the sections were fun, they set the sections with red and blue ribbon but he didn’t use any flags or pie plates
On my last loop I was driving from section 2 over to section 4 I noticed Willie standing off in the trees, I thought he must of broken down or something so I went over to check on him. Turns out he was scoring section 3

grizzzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:48 PM   #1582
Gordy
Team Listo

Oddometer: 22,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzzly View Post
On my last loop I was driving from section 2 over to section 4 I noticed Willie standing off in the trees, I thought he must of broken down or something so I went over to check on him. Turns out he was scoring section 3
. I hate it when that happens!
Gordy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:57 AM   #1583
ADVCoop
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 771
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyc21 View Post
Extra parts are always a +. The guy I picked the Montesa up from had 2 extra filters, and all the parts needed for the change, 3 jugs of oil, an extra set of fenders, brake pads front and rear, etc. I could keep going but lets just say I don't need anything for months and can replace all of the most common breakable bits and not be out a bike... was a good buy...
Awesome. Trials bikes are pretty rare around here. You usually occasionally see newer ones for $4-5k but not much else. So when I found this one for cheap I was excited haha.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:20 AM   #1584
andrewgore
Team MGH

Oddometer: 3,349
Found out yesterday that the piston my cylinder was bored\plated to has the wrong diameter pin. It seems Wossner made TXT 280 pistons, but bored the pin diameter for the PRO Model. TXT = 16mm. PRO = 18mm.

This bike has been beyond an expensive headache.

So long story short, my bike has continued to sit motionless in the garage.

Andrew
andrewgore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:39 AM   #1585
Stagehand
+/- V TDSPP

Oddometer: 25,799
:gahh that sucks, man
Old 02-14-2013, 09:49 AM   #1586
andrewgore
Team MGH

On the upside, the dealer I've been working with informed me that they've dealt with this before, and the issue is solved by pressing in a flanged bushing (from the inside so it' can't come out), and then they rebore it for 16mm pin.

Not ideally what I'd like to do, but at the rate this bike is going, I'm ready to up and sell it and stick to my Yamahas & Harescrambles

Andrew
Old 02-14-2013, 10:18 AM   #1587
nwcycle
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,131
Andrew, dont give up !!, It will be worth it, why cant you find the right size piston, and maybe close to what the bore was, I dont think the chromers will mind either honing to size.. or plating back to size.. Ether way, you can always sell your cyl and piston as a set.
And look for a used one and start over. Its only Money !!!

If I can help, You have my number
Ron
nwcycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:03 AM   #1588
andrewgore
Team MGH

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwcycle View Post
Andrew, dont give up !!, It will be worth it, why cant you find the right size piston, and maybe close to what the bore was, I dont think the chromers will mind either honing to size.. or plating back to size.. Ether way, you can always sell your cyl and piston as a set.
And look for a used one and start over. Its only Money !!!

If I can help, You have my number
Ron
Piston Options -
OEM Kit - 360$
UK - 125gbp + Shipping

I'll let Paynes sort it out with the Wossner.

Andrew
Old 02-14-2013, 02:07 PM   #1589
lamebrain
Adventurer

Oddometer: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewgore View Post
Piston Options -
OEM Kit - 360$
UK - 125gbp + Shipping

I'll let Paynes sort it out with the Wossner.

Andrew
I just dealt with this on A 2000 txt 280! call or e-mail John @ Wossner, You'll be surprised how much cheaper getting a piston kit from them is compared to the same piston you will get from the dealer!
lamebrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:13 PM   #1590
lamebrain
Adventurer

Oddometer: 38
I'm a little confused ,do you have piston with the 16mm pin or the 18mm pin? I'm pretty sure Wossner has the B, C, and D piston kits still available for the 16mm.
lamebrain is offline   Reply With Quote