ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-14-2013, 04:04 PM   #17626
IT 400
Junk Collector
 
IT 400's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: The DOG HOUSE
Oddometer: 1,571
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad_NC View Post
Tuesday=page 2, I am beginning to sense a pattern here
And Thursday...
IT 400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:10 AM   #17627
tactical-T
TreeStump
 
tactical-T's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Almost there
Oddometer: 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckin_Thumper View Post
everyone.

I miss area 51 and all you fuckers
Yeah I miss you being the shortest FF of the crew. When you coming back to take some of the short jokes off of poor Joe and Brian

Sup everyone? been out of town for a minute.
__________________
2004 BMW R1150R ROCKSTER
2007 Kawasaki KLX140 (da Spawn's),1995 KDX Z00hun
2010 Husqvarna TE450
The more time I spend in this world , the smaller it gets
tactical-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:51 AM   #17628
hscrugby
"That guy"
 
hscrugby's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Raleigh, NC
Oddometer: 4,097
So since the weather is going to be crappy Saturday.
Anyone in the Raleigh area want to give me a hand replacing a stator on a 08 450xcf?
It's the XCF motor, not the same as the EXC or XCFW so it's got the opposite flywheel apparently.
I predict lots of profanity, some beer, and whatever a helper would want for food.
__________________
http://www.stbaldricks.org/participants/mypage/585928
Feel free to donate money either to my page, or their general fund.
hscrugby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:08 PM   #17629
ncTRAILBOSS
A52 TOUR GUIDE
 
ncTRAILBOSS's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Eatin' CHEETOS,Livin' Large!
Oddometer: 2,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by hscrugby View Post
So since the weather is going to be crappy Saturday.
Anyone in the Raleigh area want to give me a hand replacing a stator on a 08 450xcf?
It's the XCF motor, not the same as the EXC or XCFW so it's got the opposite flywheel apparently.
I predict lots of profanity, some beer, and whatever a helper would want for food.
Don't want to help,but just curious,an upgrade or failure?
__________________
09 Tan Rocker-Recliner
75 Yamaha MX400b
05 Yamaha YZ 250
ncTRAILBOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:12 PM   #17630
ncTRAILBOSS
A52 TOUR GUIDE
 
ncTRAILBOSS's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Eatin' CHEETOS,Livin' Large!
Oddometer: 2,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by tactical-T View Post
Yeah I miss you being the shortest FF of the crew. When you coming back to take some of the short jokes off of poor Joe and Brian

Sup everyone? been out of town for a minute.
Brian does'nt take short joke hits.
__________________
09 Tan Rocker-Recliner
75 Yamaha MX400b
05 Yamaha YZ 250
ncTRAILBOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:27 PM   #17631
hscrugby
"That guy"
 
hscrugby's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Raleigh, NC
Oddometer: 4,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncTRAILBOSS View Post
Don't want to help,but just curious,an upgrade or failure?
Upgrade
Stock is only 42 watt
No way to cheat and get rid of the ac, cause it's only the 42 watt to charge the battery
After market lights that pull about 40 watts and 55 on low beam means
Battery dies
__________________
http://www.stbaldricks.org/participants/mypage/585928
Feel free to donate money either to my page, or their general fund.
hscrugby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:28 AM   #17632
eyedragaknee
McGuyver
 
eyedragaknee's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Triangle
Oddometer: 2,317
?????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by tactical-T View Post
Yeah I miss you being the shortest FF of the crew. When you coming back to take some of the short jokes off of poor Joe and Brian

Sup everyone? been out of town for a minute.

5'5" and 175lbs of coiled spring steel here
__________________
2008 KTM250-XCFW
2011 Gas Gas TXT250
1966 Honda 305 Scrambler
eyedragaknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:48 AM   #17633
cultureslayer
geeky ninja
 
Joined: Feb 2013
Location: Durham, NC
Oddometer: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyedragaknee View Post
5'5" and 175lbs of coiled spring steel here
When I graduate and get another bike I will have to ask you for advice. I'm 5'5" as well and it's one of the reasons I've given up on looking for a new bike for now.
cultureslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:17 AM   #17634
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome
 
RidingDonkeys's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Southern Pines, North Carolina, USA
Oddometer: 7,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by cultureslayer View Post
When I graduate and get another bike I will have to ask you for advice. I'm 5'5" as well and it's one of the reasons I've given up on looking for a new bike for now.
There are bikes out there for you, and plenty that can be modified for you. My wife is 5'1" and manages to get her feet down on several different bikes like the Triumph Bonneville and even the Suzuki DR650. I think her next move is a Honda CR230L though....a little something for the trails.
__________________
Clinging to sanity, one motorcycle at a time.
RidingDonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:21 AM   #17635
ncTRAILBOSS
A52 TOUR GUIDE
 
ncTRAILBOSS's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Eatin' CHEETOS,Livin' Large!
Oddometer: 2,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by cultureslayer View Post
When I graduate and get another bike I will have to ask you for advice. I'm 5'5" as well and it's one of the reasons I've given up on looking for a new bike for now.
EDK ain't 5'5".175LBS,maybe,a spring,for sure.
__________________
09 Tan Rocker-Recliner
75 Yamaha MX400b
05 Yamaha YZ 250
ncTRAILBOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:27 PM   #17636
Tarheel Wheeler
Around
 
Tarheel Wheeler's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: A53, NC
Oddometer: 3,630
Good Watch!

Lurkin around You Tube and found this.

A really good watch for a day like today. Get ya a beer or 6 and fire up the computer... http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=k6exXbuzn9I
__________________
Adversity is the state in which man most easily becomes acquainted with himself, being especially free of admirers then. John Wooden

"Get to riding or get to dying"...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_T41kJm-PE
Tarheel Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:12 PM   #17637
eyedragaknee
McGuyver
 
eyedragaknee's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Triangle
Oddometer: 2,317
5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncTRAILBOSS View Post
EDK ain't 5'5".175LBS,maybe,a spring,for sure.
I can flatfoot the Gas Gas
__________________
2008 KTM250-XCFW
2011 Gas Gas TXT250
1966 Honda 305 Scrambler
eyedragaknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:46 PM   #17638
cultureslayer
geeky ninja
 
Joined: Feb 2013
Location: Durham, NC
Oddometer: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidingDonkeys View Post
There are bikes out there for you, and plenty that can be modified for you. My wife is 5'1" and manages to get her feet down on several different bikes like the Triumph Bonneville and even the Suzuki DR650. I think her next move is a Honda CR230L though....a little something for the trails.
That's encouraging that she can deal with a dual sport. My problem is that I have balance issues, so I need the balls of both feet to touch as the absolute minimum. Preferably frame sliders or engine guards available (it's been annoying not having them on the 250, but I paid $500 for it so whatever). I won't be bike shopping for another year or two minimum since my car is dying (350k on it) and we're more or less gutting the house we just bought last fall. Plus the 250 is barely broken in at 33k and not worth selling so I feel obligated to ride it until it dies or I graduate.
cultureslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:29 PM   #17639
tactical-T
TreeStump
 
tactical-T's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Almost there
Oddometer: 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel Wheeler View Post
Lurkin around You Tube and found this.

A really good watch for a day like today. Get ya a beer or 6 and fire up the computer... http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=k6exXbuzn9I
Holy shit dude!
Grahm Jarvis! What a disapointment! This guy just can't cut a break. He's such a talented rider and he deserves a win at Erzberg. That just sucks. Johnny Walker is someone to watch though. This kid is good. Kind of interesting but nit suprising that one if the most technically demanding races known is dominated by trials riders!
__________________
2004 BMW R1150R ROCKSTER
2007 Kawasaki KLX140 (da Spawn's),1995 KDX Z00hun
2010 Husqvarna TE450
The more time I spend in this world , the smaller it gets
tactical-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:00 AM   #17640
Tarheel Wheeler
Around
 
Tarheel Wheeler's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: A53, NC
Oddometer: 3,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by tactical-T View Post
Holy shit dude!
Grahm Jarvis! What a disapointment! This guy just can't cut a break. He's such a talented rider and he deserves a win at Erzberg. That just sucks. Johnny Walker is someone to watch though. This kid is good. Kind of interesting but nit suprising that one if the most technically demanding races known is dominated by trials riders!
Now you know what I'm thinkin.
__________________
Adversity is the state in which man most easily becomes acquainted with himself, being especially free of admirers then. John Wooden

"Get to riding or get to dying"...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_T41kJm-PE
Tarheel Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014