User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-14-2013, 04:29 PM   #11
J-P
headbanging adventurer

Oddometer: 152
I`ve ridden over 300K mls on 2 ST1100 and one STX1300. Then I had a GS1100, a GS1200ADV and went back to GS1150 because I like the multi purpose bikes but always want to ride with a shaft driven bike. The ST`s were without issues, really. Then I switched over to GS and had to check my oil level all of a sudden... well been there, done that and and in April last year my dealer had 6 VFR1200X for a test day. I went for it and had to adjust again, coming from a boxer. But the bike was nimble and the engine superb, flawless. I tried both Dual Clutch and manual. There I had my doubts but my dealer offered me the opportunity to test it for a whole weekend. I took the opportunity and went for a Sauerland (Germany) weekend with the dutch GSclub, on a DCT VFR1200X. I rode 1400 km that weekend and there was no way back, it was very simple to adjust to DCT and to the engine, powerful and flawless. In August my boss (I`m a motorcycle instructor) purchased me a DCT crosstourer and I`ve been a happy camper ever since. Compared to the STX you have undoubtedly less wind protection, less comfort but the handling is phenomenal, basically. Now, 19K kms later the bike is really what I hoped for, and I have no doubt it`ll be as good as my STX back then.

`98 DR650SE
`12 VFR1200X DCT
J-P is offline   Reply With Quote