ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2013, 07:10 AM   #4636
seniorasi
Banned

Oddometer: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_TN View Post
As much as I love my ADV friends......I will be spending the evening dining with my beautiful wife as it is Valentines Day.

Hint Hint.....for those of you have forgot.
I knew that...I did... I KNEW that. Maybe next week. Bill and Gloria: I can meet you somewhere during the week or on the weekend to do the brake pads deal. It would have to be during the day or at night though. Just let me know what works. I can still meet at Dan McGuinnis or somewhere else on Thursday at whatever time works for you. My wife doesn't get home until 8:00 PM so as long as I'm there about that time it's all good.
seniorasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:04 PM   #4637
max1138
unsentinent wanderer

Oddometer: 104
who are you?did we meet at dinner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorfiets View Post
come to our thursday dinner and pitch us on the idea, we would love to see you there, invite pyndon along too, would make for an interesting evening I think.
please dont spam our dinner thread. I know you are just trying to get some props for your buddy and mean well, but its rude.
max1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:39 AM   #4638
Grizz Adams
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by max1138 View Post
come to our thursday dinner and pitch us on the idea, we would love to see you there, invite pyndon along too, would make for an interesting evening I think.
please dont spam our dinner thread. I know you are just trying to get some props for your buddy and mean well, but its rude.
Well said

"I go where the voices in my head tell me to!"

KTM 990 ADV- "Annika"
08 DR650 for sale
2006 ZG1000-for sale
Grizz Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:51 AM   #4639
Disco Stu
I'm Barry F'n Gibb!!

Oddometer: 5,274
We are out of town this week.
Disco Stu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:08 AM   #4640
ZGirl
Girly Adventurer

Oddometer: 834
Quote:
Originally Posted by seniorasi View Post
Anyone up for Dan McGuinness on Thursday? It appears the rain will be done by then.
We fell for that last week. It was all good though, we gave George (the black lab) an honorary ADV membership.

I'll check with Bill, maybe we can meet up with you sometime after work this week for the pads. I'll give you a ring as soon as I know.
ZGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:16 PM   #4641
seniorasi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGirl View Post
We fell for that last week. It was all good though, we gave George (the black lab) an honorary ADV membership.

I'll check with Bill, maybe we can meet up with you sometime after work this week for the pads. I'll give you a ring as soon as I know.
Sounds good. I'll do the Hickman, KY ferry ride tomorrow then. TTYL. I'm officially bowing out of Dan McGuinness!
Old 02-13-2013, 12:17 PM   #4642
Grizz Adams
Beastly Adventurer

Hey guys and gals. I just wanted to throw this out there if any of you feel like you could help out. I am being arrested on March 6th to raise money for the Muscular Dystrophy Association. One of my employees lost his sone a few years back to this disease. It is rough. If you want to help raise some "bail" money for me that would be awesome! I dont' care if it is $1 it all adds up! Here is a link to the page. Thanks y'all!

http://www2.mda.org/site/TR/Lock-Up/...nal&fr_id=4855

Sorry to hijack this, but y'all know I mean well!

KTM 990 ADV- "Annika"
08 DR650 for sale
2006 ZG1000-for sale
Old 02-13-2013, 12:44 PM   #4643
malibu_dan
Adventuring Mystic

Oddometer: 1,445
Quote:
Hey guys and gals. I just wanted to throw this out there if any of you feel like you could help out. I am being arrested on March 6th to raise money for the Muscular Dystrophy Association.
Is it possible to pay money to have them keep you longer? An "anti-bail"?
Old 02-13-2013, 12:52 PM   #4644
Grizz Adams
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by malibu_dan View Post
Is it possible to pay money to have them keep you longer? An "anti-bail"?
I wish you were the first one to ask that. They would make more raising money to have me arrested than getting me out!

KTM 990 ADV- "Annika"
08 DR650 for sale
2006 ZG1000-for sale
Old 02-13-2013, 01:05 PM   #4645
ZGirl
Girly Adventurer

Oddometer: 834
Quote:
Hey guys and gals. I just wanted to throw this out there if any of you feel like you could help out. I am being arrested on March 6th to raise money for the Muscular Dystrophy Association. One of my employees lost his sone a few years back to this disease. It is rough. If you want to help raise some "bail" money for me that would be awesome! I dont' care if it is $1 it all adds up! Here is a link to the page. Thanks y'all!

http://www2.mda.org/site/TR/Lock-Up/...nal&fr_id=4855

Sorry to hijack this, but y'all know I mean well!
I'll help!
ZGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:51 PM   #4646
seniorasi
Banned

Thursday Lunch Ride

Well since no one planned to show up for dinner tonight I made it short day lunch ride to Hickman, KY and rode the Hickman Dorena Ferry to MO. I bought a personal pizza in Hickman at a little roadside to go place and had lunch in Missouri. $5.00 got a hand tossed deep pan supreme pizza and a soda! The ride up to Hickman through Tennessee and Kentucky was far superior to Missouri on the super slab back to Memphis. There is something about those empty county blacktops that is really appealing.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:13 PM   #4647
max1138
unsentinent wanderer

Oddometer: 104
[QUOTE=seniorasi;20727744]Well since no one planned to show up for dinner tonight I made it short day lunch ride to Hickman, KY and rode the Hickman Dorena Ferry to MO. I bought a personal pizza in Hickman at a little roadside to go place and had lunch in Missouri. $5.00 got a hand tossed deep pan supreme pizza and a soda! The ride up to Hickman through Tennessee and Kentucky was far superior to Missouri on the super slab back to Memphis. There is something about those empty county blacktops that is really appealing.

I know what ya mean I did a backroads only trip to cairo illinois along the river one day, no main highways, just 2 lane blacktop
all day, then I got to cairo and look around and thought well at least the trip was interesting.
max1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:46 PM   #4648
Deerhead
Be Safe Out There!

Oddometer: 394
6APL13 RTE up the MRT to Boyette's

Now sure if I posted this before.

Ride To Eat (RTE) 6APL13 to Boyette’s
I would like to be contacted so I'll know how big a room to reserve?
Boyettte's Restaurant in Tiptonville, TN, 12:00pm-2:00pm Saturday April 6, 2013, please contact me (CaptRehkopf AT gmail DOT com) so I can reserve a proper size room.

This ride is scheduled at the same time as the Bald Eagles' baby eaglets should be about two to three weeks old. The Ranger Station across the highway has had cameras on their nesting sites. So, if the Eagles cooperate and nest where the cameras are then you can see these magnificent birds close up. Additionally, the Ranger Station has other live examples of wildlife including two Bald Eagles that are injured and can't hunt for themselves, so you'll see Eagles regardless. http://www.tn.gov/environment/tn_con...ive/eagles.htm

Boyette's serves family style and is described below:
Since 1921 Boyette's has been one of west Tennessee's top restaurants. People from all over a four state area make the drive every week to experience the true flavor of the south. Just make sure you're hungry, because their specialty is serving up generous portions of Catfish, Country Ham, Fried Chicken and more. Put it together with some homemade hushpuppies, onion rings and country vegetables and it's not just a meal it's an experience. http://www.reelfoot.com/boyettes/index.htm

Additionally, I will eat breakfast at Bryant's in Memphis TN (7:00am-8:00am) http://www.bryantsmemphis.com and ride the 180 mile Mississippi River Trail (MRT) to Tiptonville http://www.imtrails.com/mrtsouthern. I have gpx files of the TN MRT if you need them.

Ride Safe,
Robert

Old 02-16-2013, 07:01 AM   #4649
seniorasi
Banned

[QUOTE=max1138;20736491]
Quote:
Originally Posted by seniorasi View Post
Well since no one planned to show up for dinner tonight I made it short day lunch ride to Hickman, KY and rode the Hickman Dorena Ferry to MO. I bought a personal pizza in Hickman at a little roadside to go place and had lunch in Missouri. $5.00 got a hand tossed deep pan supreme pizza and a soda! The ride up to Hickman through Tennessee and Kentucky was far superior to Missouri on the super slab back to Memphis. There is something about those empty county blacktops that is really appealing.

I know what ya mean I did a backroads only trip to cairo illinois along the river one day, no main highways, just 2 lane blacktop
all day, then I got to cairo and look around and thought well at least the trip was interesting.
Sounds like a neat ride Max. River towns seem to be river towns regardless of what state or which side of the river. Some start hopping in the summer months due to marina traffic but then the roads can't handle the traffic. Lansing, Iowa and Prairie DuChien, WI come to mind. For me the fewer the vehicles the better, in town or out. Off season riding is the greatest from my perspective. ATGATT is way more comfortable as well.
Old 02-16-2013, 02:15 PM   #4650
seniorasi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerhead View Post
Now sure if I posted this before.

Ride To Eat (RTE) 6APL13 to Boyette’s
I would like to be contacted so I'll know how big a room to reserve?
Boyettte's Restaurant in Tiptonville, TN, 12:00pm-2:00pm Saturday April 6, 2013, please contact me (CaptRehkopf AT gmail DOT com) so I can reserve a proper size room.

This ride is scheduled at the same time as the Bald Eagles' baby eaglets should be about two to three weeks old. The Ranger Station across the highway has had cameras on their nesting sites. So, if the Eagles cooperate and nest where the cameras are then you can see these magnificent birds close up. Additionally, the Ranger Station has other live examples of wildlife including two Bald Eagles that are injured and can't hunt for themselves, so you'll see Eagles regardless. http://www.tn.gov/environment/tn_con...ive/eagles.htm

Boyette's serves family style and is described below:
Since 1921 Boyette's has been one of west Tennessee's top restaurants. People from all over a four state area make the drive every week to experience the true flavor of the south. Just make sure you're hungry, because their specialty is serving up generous portions of Catfish, Country Ham, Fried Chicken and more. Put it together with some homemade hushpuppies, onion rings and country vegetables and it's not just a meal it's an experience. http://www.reelfoot.com/boyettes/index.htm

Additionally, I will eat breakfast at Bryant's in Memphis TN (7:00am-8:00am) http://www.bryantsmemphis.com and ride the 180 mile Mississippi River Trail (MRT) to Tiptonville http://www.imtrails.com/mrtsouthern. I have gpx files of the TN MRT if you need them.

Ride Safe,
Robert

I'm in Robert. Please forward the GPX file. Count me in if you do a pre-event ride too.