Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2013, 08:56 AM   #151
3sum
local Triumph fanboy

Oddometer: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBickell View Post
So your looking for a "sport tourer" .. shy not the Sprint GT?
I did a short test ride on one last June just before getting the Speed Triple. For whatever reason, it didn't "wow" me. Did I like it, yeah. But there were a few things that I wasn't wild about, the most being the heat that was absolutely ROASTING my right leg on that June day.

I should probably find one that is languishing at a dealer and convince them to let me put a day's mileage on it to see if a second ride is any different.
IBA #8759
3sum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:51 PM   #152
Worroll
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 755
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3sum View Post
I did a short test ride on one last June just before getting the Speed Triple. For whatever reason, it didn't "wow" me. Did I like it, yeah. But there were a few things that I wasn't wild about, the most being the heat that was absolutely ROASTING my right leg on that June day.

I should probably find one that is languishing at a dealer and convince them to let me put a day's mileage on it to see if a second ride is any different.
I've never felt excessive heat coming from any part of my GT. I'd go for another ride!
2011 Sprint GT, 2000 Moto Guzzi Jackal, 1981 Honda CB750F, 1957 BSA Bantam D3 restoration project, Past bikes -2008 Kawasaki KLR650, 1986 Honda Shadow VT1100C, 1998 Honda Shadow Aero VT1100C3, 2006 Yamaha FZ6, 2006 Kawasaki ZX-14,1980 Yamaha XT500
Worroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:21 PM   #153
Anteraan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 120
As much as I like Triumph's line, why must they make nearly every bike with a brutally ugly front end? The face on this Tiger is no different, especially from the side view. Please, Triumph, don't go the way of Honda and constantly spit out ugly bikes!
Anteraan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:34 PM   #154
3sum
local Triumph fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteraan View Post
As much as I like Triumph's line, why must they make nearly every bike with a brutally ugly front end? The face on this Tiger is no different, especially from the side view. Please, Triumph, don't go the way of Honda and constantly spit out ugly bikes!
And I say the same about the new VFR's. Their fronts look like the ass end of a Victory Vision. But I digress......

To each their own.
IBA #8759
Old 02-11-2013, 06:23 AM   #155
Yikes!
Boris Badenov fan

Oddometer: 1,219
Too bad there's no black version of the 1050 Sport Tiger. Guess you could always paint one.
Yikes! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:10 AM   #156
rauchman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 188
Quote:
+1

I'd consider a Triumph, but often find the athestics less than emotionally stirring.
rauchman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:40 AM   #157
3sum
local Triumph fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rauchman View Post
+1

I'd consider a Triumph, but often find the athestics less than emotionally stirring.
That 3 cylinder is pure magic dude. Let that stir your emotions. You can't see 75% of it when riding it.

Chris Pope
Locust Grove, GA
10 Speed Triple SE - for sale
57 Cushman Eagle
IBA #8759
Old 02-14-2013, 08:18 AM   #158
rauchman
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3sum View Post
That 3 cylinder is pure magic dude. Let that stir your emotions. You can't see 75% of it when riding it.

Chris Pope
Locust Grove, GA
10 Speed Triple SE - for sale
57 Cushman Eagle
Maybe. I would have had a few bikes if not for the fact that they look like ass.

I'm one of those people where a bike purchase is purely emotional. I want to be like "Yeah, this is the shit" while I'm riding it. While the Tiger Sport gets a lot closer to me liking what it does on paper, I can't look at it and find myself saying "that's a gorgeous bike...I want one".
Old 02-14-2013, 08:24 AM   #159
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 19,501
Quote:
While the Tiger Sport gets a lot closer to me liking what it does on paper, I can't look at it and find myself saying "that's a gorgeous bike...I want one".
You will forget all about the "paper" and the looks after riding one.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:27 AM   #160
MariusD
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 447
Quote:
While the Tiger Sport gets a lot closer to me liking what it does on paper, I can't look at it and find myself saying "that's a gorgeous bike...I want one".
You can't be serious....

To each his own I guess...

IMHO, out off all the adv style bikes, the tiger sport is by far the best looking one. The R1200R is close in sex appeal, but nothing else even comes close. All other bikes look like some retarded bird, an offspring of the ugly dickling or some such. We need normal/stylish looking bikes like this tiger, so that we're not embarrased to park them next to the HDs at the office. You're not gonna catch me on any of those ugly birds. Sorry...

Yes, for city dwellers, looks and style do matter, in addition to form and function. But I understand it's not important for everyone.
MariusD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:15 PM   #161
Anteraan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAKEZ View Post
You will forget all about the "paper" and the looks after riding one.
While the triple is great, there are lots of good-looking bikes out there with great engines as well.
Anteraan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:52 PM   #162
vellies
Adventurer

Oddometer: 86
Quote:
While the triple is great, there are lots of good-looking bikes out there with great engines as well.
Hmmm Multistrada.....My all time favourite!!. But I have to agree, I do like the look of the new Tiger Sport, wish I could see one in the metal. Should be another 6 weeks or so.
Old 02-15-2013, 02:19 AM   #163
3sum
local Triumph fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by vellies View Post
Hmmm Multistrada.....My all time favourite!!. But I have to agree, I do like the look of the new Tiger Sport, wish I could see one in the metal. Should be another 6 weeks or so.
Lucky bastard. Wish they were coming to the States.
IBA #8759
Old 02-15-2013, 09:01 AM   #164
rauchman
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariusD View Post
You can't be serious....

To each his own I guess...

IMHO, out off all the adv style bikes, the tiger sport is by far the best looking one. The R1200R is close in sex appeal, but nothing else even comes close. All other bikes look like some retarded bird, an offspring of the ugly dickling or some such. We need normal/stylish looking bikes like this tiger, so that we're not embarrased to park them next to the HDs at the office. You're not gonna catch me on any of those ugly birds. Sorry...

Yes, for city dwellers, looks and style do matter, in addition to form and function. But I understand it's not important for everyone.
I agree the R1200R in the black & white paint is a looker! I love the look of the 800 Tiger, but the praying mantis half fairing of the 1050 doesn't do "it" for me.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:39 PM   #165
KingOfFleece
SplitWeight(tm)

Oddometer: 686
Quite a few of us are just fine with the look of our Triumph bikes. But then again, there's no accounting for taste,eh?
KingOfFleece is offline   Reply With Quote