ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2013, 02:00 PM   #736
Jking
It's just a bike

Oddometer: 232
Dirt rides

Most of the rides i do and go on are 80 dirt and typically intense, not big bike friendly. Typically intense for me is high paced and tight single track type trails. I don't like to split groups so i try and inform riders of difficulty. If you can do the upper 5 and loop 6 at forest hill, than you could do my ride.

Remembering the past gives us reason for the future...

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165725

Jking screwed with this post 02-03-2013 at 03:13 PM
Jking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:17 AM   #737
StuInFH
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jking View Post
Stu,

Great ride! I really like ridding with you and sean! Our Little group covered some nice dirt. We mesh well and dinner was fantastic. We did about 60 miles of single track, fast paced and fun. Total miles was under 100. No bike issue, no broken body parts.
Thanks. It was a great day. And I guess I am coming back some; I was able to walk the next day, all the way to the kitchen for my ibuprofen bottle. Thanks for the waiting you guys did.
StuInFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:32 AM   #738
trixterNorCal
Adventurer

Oddometer: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDorado650 View Post
The Dead Fly - good food - long waits at times.
Karen is entertaining.

You live near Plymouth?
I am in Mt. Aukum, but in Plymouth a lot as my Jeep rebuild project is there at a friends house.
Glad to see a few people from the area. I agree that Marlene and Glenns (dead fly) is good eats although they close at like 2pm weekdays :/

I live just up the hill from there and might have been seen in the area on a ninja with tigger ears on my helmet. R1200GSA on order (read a couple more months of saving for it).
trixterNorCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:41 AM   #739
focallength
Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Oddometer: 4,218
Bikes, coming along nicely. Ive got all my parts sans intake and exhaust cam (back order). Heads being cut and should be ready to assemble soon. School is a bear right now but I should be back and able to do some rides sometime in april. Look forward to riding again and letting off school stress.
It might take me a few rides to get used to the upgrades and just back in form again.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:47 AM   #740
StuInFH
Gnarly Adventurer

DS Ride Saturday 2/16 from Foresthill

Roll out around 8:30. Maybe 100 miles or so, stock tank range is fine. Mostly dirt of course. You should plan to and be comfortable with riding some stuff that is like Foresthill OHV's T5 & T6 ("Black Diamond" trails and climbs/downhills). We'll head west and then north from FH. Could take all day, should be back by dark though. Sometimes not. Plan to eat lunch on the trail. Plenty of places to bail out to I-80/backroads for earlier return if needed though.

Stu
Old 02-15-2013, 10:57 AM   #741
Jking
It's just a bike

Saturdays ride

Luv to go, but can'tmake it this Saturday

Old 02-15-2013, 11:05 AM   #742
StuInFH
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Luv to go, but can'tmake it this Saturday
Bummer, Eldo and I will have to ride within our abilities then. :-)

Hey, gimme a callback. I can't buy a new bike until we get my wife those cabinets in the pipeline. ;-)
Old 02-16-2013, 09:59 AM   #743
Mindspin
Crash Bandicoot

Oddometer: 30
Going out for a ride today. Probably MRR and surrounding areas. Maybe a fire road if I find one. Late start today, but leaving Sac in about an hour.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:00 PM   #744
Vinz Clortho
Keymaster of Gozer

Oddometer: 33
Haha! Great quote in your sig! That line always cracks me up.

2009 KLR 650
Vinz Clortho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:11 AM   #745
Jking
It's just a bike

Sundays ride Feb 17th

Left the house at 830 on Stu's KTM690, Hit the trail head right at Auburn. Took it All the way to Colfax gas stop. Did the upper trails before crossing over to Secret Town rd. Dropped down the moutain to the river, low water levels made for easy access to the new secret trail to the diggings. I found a few new tight trails, but still cant figure out where the trail goes at the end of the drop off, the one where Sean, Russ and myself decided to turn around when it went straight down.......just around 1130 I turned around and back tracked. Total miles was around 150 and time was 6 hours 50% dirt! I love that area almost more that the Chaulk Bluff side.

Ridding solo you can do alot of miles in less time, but it's lonley. I wish I could find a few more Stu's and Sean's to ride with. My days to ride are so infrequent, I can never seem to ride with my two favorite guys! Hard core single cylinder dual sport riders.

Old 02-18-2013, 07:10 AM   #746
scottrnelson
Team Orange

Oddometer: 1,401
Quote:
Riding solo you can do a lot of miles in less time, but it's lonely. I wish I could find a few more Stu's and Sean's to ride with. My days to ride are so infrequent, I can never seem to ride with my two favorite guys! Hard core single cylinder dual sport riders.
I'll be glad to share a few rides with you, in a few weeks when I'm available again. I just did some single track stuff at Georgetown Saturday, which was challenging, but I only dumped it once in a muddy rut. I will miss the next three weekends due to travel - gotta go to Hawaii for a couple of weeks, so no riding for a bit.

I just need a couple of days notice to do a Saturday ride with the XR650L. I love going long distances in the dirt.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:34 PM   #747
RyanOhli
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Cool2 Thursday rides

I read here some of you prefer midweek riding, which is perfect because I work weekends. I'm off Wednesday and Thursdays every week. It looks like just about everything is closed on Wednesdays this time of year, so I've been trying to get out whenever I can on Thursdays. I live near Folsom, and ride a wr426, NOT plated, so I'm strictly in the dirt.

Riding level is intermediate, have been off bikes for a several years and finally just picked up my wr a couple months ago.

I'm thinking of trying out Georgetown this Thursday the 21st, if anyone is interested?

Also if anyone needs a midweek riding buddy in the dirt, hit me up!
RyanOhli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:42 AM   #748
Jking
It's just a bike

Mid week rides

Ryan shoot me an email.

Kingscabinets@sbcglobal.net

Lets chat

Old 02-20-2013, 09:28 AM   #749
luv2lean
not lost til out of gas

Oddometer: 963
jking wrote: "Did the upper trails before crossing over to Secret Town rd. Dropped down the moutain to the river, low water levels made for easy access to the new secret trail to the diggings. I found a few new tight trails, but still cant figure out where the trail goes at the end of the drop off, the one where Sean, Russ and myself decided to turn around when it went straight down......"

Hey Jerry, I have ridden that area a fair amount and am curious about the new secret trail to the diggings. A couple of months ago I found the bridge across the Bear River had a new tight gate at the bottom of the paved road off Secret town exit, and now only know of access out of Dutch Flat. We really should get together and share some trail knowledge/riding.
I am also available weekdays and have been riding quite a bit mid week, dual sport and more recently had a great full dirt ride out of georgetown bald mtn staging area after it opened last saturday. We have also had some very good weekend big bike GS-type rides the last couple of months with the Sacramento Rough Road Riders.. mostly 80 north but also 50 south last weekend. Plenty of dirt roads and back roads with enough challenge to keep most experienced riders interested.

PS and FYI Ryan - i suspect Georgetown has closed back down with all the snow yesterday.
luv2lean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:31 AM   #750
Hobbes950
Darth Kitten

Oddometer: 3,419
Sac Rough Road Riders? Any more info? Been looking for weekday big bike riders around Grass Valley.

My Ride Reports
Hobbes950 is offline   Reply With Quote