Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2013, 02:58 AM   #2011
Gustavo.Ramos
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 696
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilmo View Post
The two bikes I've worked on (mine with 4500km) and another with 30000km had .66 and .67 volts when warm respectively, both run perfectly, not sure I'd bother adjusting it as doesn't seem that critical. I think .65 is the specs upper limit for the fuel injected 990 anyway, so it's pretty close!
On yours, what year and setup?

Raid de L'Amitié 2011 RR (link)
690R
Gustavo.Ramos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:43 AM   #2012
Wilmo
Orange Fever

Oddometer: 1,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavo.Ramos View Post
On yours, what year and setup?
Mine 2011, other 2009, both have the same engine with Akros. 2011 R map loaded on both.

Take risks and live an extraordinary life!
Wilmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:03 AM   #2013
Gustavo.Ramos
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 696
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilmo View Post
Mine 2011, other 2009, both have the same engine with Akros. 2011 R map loaded on both.
thanks, i have an 07 so its different.

Raid de L'Amitié 2011 RR (link)
690R
Gustavo.Ramos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:44 AM   #2014
Reese
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by gefr View Post
I believe 0.5 - 0.6V when warm is the correct. Cheers.
That confirms it, thanks. I'm not touching a thing until I can give it a proper test ride.
Reese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:33 PM   #2015
Pistolero
W. F. O.

Oddometer: 736
Throttle body question

Hey folks, I read how to sync the carbs on the 950 in the OC HOW (pretty straight forward just like any other bike I have ever done) but my question is on my 990 when I sync the throttle bodies will the bike adjust the idle on it's own or will I have to do some computer magic?

Thanks in advance!
Pistolero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:41 PM   #2016
Zuber
Zoob

Oddometer: 1,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Snips View Post
2011 990 adventure r
Try the Power-Trippktm990advAKRA
Old 02-14-2013, 07:01 PM   #2017
Duhfactor
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
O.K. folks,

Just an update related to the modified shootis map I installed on my 07' with akro's. After riding it around town, the bottom end seems to be getting better (more smooth), but the mid range is not going to work for me. It's just too weak compared to the standard akro map. I have found that it feels lean from about 3000-4500 RPM, really having a pause or delay until it hits 4500-5000 RPM, then the fueling, in combination with my 200 throttle tube, and she wants to throw me off the back.....

I'm going to change the secondary throttles like my modified shootis map on a regular 07' akro map for starters. I think opening up the secondaries must lean the fueling down just a bit, although it seems odd that changing those would make that much of a difference. I did have some deceleration popping with this map compared to the akro map too.

To be continued this weekend..........
Old 02-14-2013, 07:30 PM   #2018
tahoeacr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duhfactor View Post
O.K. folks,

Just an update related to the modified shootis map I installed on my 07' with akro's. After riding it around town, the bottom end seems to be getting better (more smooth), but the mid range is not going to work for me. It's just too weak compared to the standard akro map. I have found that it feels lean from about 3000-4500 RPM, really having a pause or delay until it hits 4500-5000 RPM, then the fueling, in combination with my 200 throttle tube, and she wants to throw me off the back.....

I'm going to change the secondary throttles like my modified shootis map on a regular 07' akro map for starters. I think opening up the secondaries must lean the fueling down just a bit, although it seems odd that changing those would make that much of a difference. I did have some deceleration popping with this map compared to the akro map too.

To be continued this weekend..........
Opening the secondaries makes perfect since because that slows down the fuel charge velocities. Irregardless of the fact of the A/F ratio it still is getting less of a charge in there(think like a small supercharger with them closed more). The engine is going to create x vacuum at any RPM. If you close the secondaries you increase velocity because x vacuum has to go thru a smaller area. This is how a ported cylinder head can sometimes only make another 2 hp. Big holes look nice but can sometimes hurt true performance.
tahoeacr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:33 PM   #2019
Duhfactor
Adventurer

That's a good point........ One question, where did you (Tahoeacr) lean out the low RPM deceleration fuel at? Did you decrease the fuel on the F table low RPM low throttle? Or Did you do it on the L-table? It seems to me that decreasing the fuel on the L table (low map, lower TPS, low RPM) would be a good place to do it, since once one decreases the throttle in deceleration, map goes low, and TPS is low........ I'm rambling now.....
Old 02-15-2013, 08:18 PM   #2020
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer: 4,935
Torque/ELM327 and 990

Quote:
Originally Posted by motonin8 View Post
Hello guys, anyone of you is able to use Torque for Android with 'the ECU 990?
thanks

I have the same question. I got the little Vgate ELM327 adapter recently, plugged it into the the bike half of the TuneECU cable and it powered up with the bike and paired with my Android phone just fine. However Torque Pro doesn't show anything in the displays even though it says it is connected to the Vgate ELM327 adapter. Power-Tripp did you ever get this to work on a 990?

If not I guess it was not a huge investment anyway.
cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:57 PM   #2021
EOD3MC
What will break next

Oddometer: 4,528
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyborg View Post
I have the same question. I got the little Vgate ELM327 adapter recently, plugged it into the the bike half of the TuneECU cable and it powered up with the bike and paired with my Android phone just fine. However Torque Pro doesn't show anything in the displays even though it says it is connected to the Vgate ELM327 adapter. Power-Tripp did you ever get this to work on a 990?

If not I guess it was not a huge investment anyway.
Buddy at work just showed me that App, he's been using it to monitor his gas mileage..Was thinking it would be a great way to "see" how the various maps actually affect the bike...

Hoping to try his set up with my cables next week...keeping my fingers crossed
EOD3MC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:23 PM   #2022
Duhfactor
Adventurer

Ride update.....

O.K.,

I decided to take the stock akro map that came on the bike, and change the secondary throttle blades according to what I did on the shootis map. Basically, at 1200 RPM I started with 20% opening, and by 1600 RPM opened up to 25%, then gradually opened them up as RPM and throttle position increased. I copied that onto a standard AKRO map (07' bike) and loaded er' up. The mid range power came back, and the bottom end was noticeably smoother than the stock secondary throttle blade mapping on the stock AKRO map. I left the F-L switch stock, made sure the 02 sensors were off, and SAS off. This was much better overall. The fun factor was back, and no deceleration popping. The idle is smoother for some reason, and generally built power more linearly. (If that's a word.....) I did notice more airbox noise from 3500-4800 RPM between 3-15% throttle opening, sounding like when one opens up the throttle on a carbed motor that doesn't have enough accelerator pump fuel, kind of like a faint "bog" that cleaned up as RPM increased, but worsened with wider throttle opening at the same RPM, although there was still acceleration. I'm thinking about closing down the secondary throttles through this range a little to see if things richen up a bit (increased port velocity), or maybe add a little fuel. I'm trying to see how much tuning can be accomplished through the secondary throttles first, then will go to changing fuel delivery numbers later.....

When comparing the euro map (stock, non-akro) to the US AKRO map, the euro was significantly leaner as expected. I compared reducing fuel on all maps by 1% (F1, F2, L1, L2) on the US AKRO map to the stock euro map, and there was still more fuel in the AKRO map compared to stock. So, I made up a new map, simply reducing the fuel in the US AKRO map by 1% across all cells, all tables. This doesn't sound like it would change much, but it actually does reduce fuel a fair bit, but is still more than stock mapping. It got late, so I didn't have a chance to try it, but will do so this week, and report back. I know one rider used a "half akro" map, fueling somewhere between the stock and AKRO settings, and am not sure how close this new map and his would compare. We'll see.... To be continued....
Old 02-17-2013, 09:24 PM   #2023
Dusty
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,168
Thumb

Now thats gettin after it...

This is the difference in percent between the stock 07 and the Arko maps.

Old 02-19-2013, 08:06 PM   #2024
Duhfactor
Adventurer

ride update.... Again....

We're making some headway here. So, I highlighted the fuel tables on the modified akro map, and decreased fuel by 1%, everywhere. This included the L tables. Interestingly, the fuel tables after decreasing them, were only modestly more than the stock map when I compared them. I haven't played with it enough to see if the maps Dusty was working with are the same that I'm working with, as it seems if I decreased the akro map by 2-3% (not 5%), the numbers would be leaner than the stock map. Also, this map has the modified secondary throttles, opening at 20% at 1450 RPM, and increasing gradually with rpm and throttle position. Anyhow, I loaded up the new map tonight, did the 15 min idle, shut her down for a bit, and went for a ride.

So far, this map has been the best for my bike. The low end is a great deal smoother, and runs up cleanly with the exception of 3500-4200 RPM up to 10% throttle opening. I went into a parking lot and did some tight turns without the clutch at ultra slow speeds, and was able to control the bike pretty well. I had no stalling, and could lug it a bit, with controlled acceleration. I tried to chop the throttle a few times, and it was pretty controllable. I actually liked it pretty well, except for the weak 3500-4200 range. I came out of a tight turn, and rolled the throttle open wide, and broke the rear tire loose in a decent power slide until I pucker factored..... After changing my pants, I started to smile again.....I'm cautiously optimistic.......

I think I'll start working on the 3500-4200 range next.....
Old 02-19-2013, 08:42 PM   #2025
Zuber
Zoob

Oddometer: 1,713
For the 3500-4000 range, look at the ignition maps. Huge ignition retard during that point.