User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-16-2013, 12:26 AM   #1
stigmatic OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Question Any recommendations for 3ish weeks in March?

Hey guys,
I have about 3 weeks off of work coming up...specifically, the first 3 weeks of March. I have no idea what I should do for it...so I thought I'd see if you guys had any recommendations for a ride.

Anyways. I am moving across country next week, and will have both my road bike and DR650 in the trailer (so potentially I could stage the DR650 somewhere, then come back for it after I finish moving, fly-and-ride style?). I am moving from Seattle to Florida (Cocoa Beach)...so I could pretty much swing through anywhere (although I am planning on heading south towards New Mexico first, then head east from there)

Where does one go off-road this time of year, anyways?

I'm up for anything, the crazier the better. The longest off-road trip I've done so far has been the WABDR (~600miles, 4 days). I've done plenty of road riding though, including two cross-country trips.

One question in particular...I think I know the answer to this, but is it at all possible to do the Continental Divide trail this time of year? I haven't quite looked in detail regarding the elevation this route gets too, but the distance seems about right for the amount of time I have. Or should I just stay further south where its warm...Maybe SoCal, Utah, NM, Arizona, etc...or heading south of the boarder? Baja? Copper Canyon? Would northern Mexico even be safe for a single gringo traveler?

Anyways, thanks. Looking forward to hearing what creative ideas you guys come up with.
stigmatic is offline   Reply With Quote