ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Old's Cool > Airheads
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-31-2012, 08:25 AM   #61
bmwblake
upside down parker
 
bmwblake's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: nashville, tn
Oddometer: 3,274
maybe we should meet at your house and wrench instead of meeting at a bar??


Quote:
Originally Posted by blaine.hale View Post
I've drained it several times and have always had zero sparkles. I super suspecting the cam :( Only one way to check that, like you were saying.

Come on husky...get the hell in my basement so I can ride!
bmwblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:26 AM   #62
blaine.hale
Beastly Adventurer
 
blaine.hale's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Atlanta, Ga
Oddometer: 2,849
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwblake View Post
maybe we should meet at your house and wrench instead of meeting at a bar??
I'll host a workshop day soon enough. I have like 3-4 bikes to wrench on, 2 of them being airheads.
__________________
1974 BMW R90 /6
1968 Bultaco Matador MK3
1973 BMW R75 /5 Toaster LWB
1969 Bultaco Bandido MK2
2013 Husqvarna Terra TR650
blaine.hale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:18 PM   #63
Beater
Blinded by Science
 
Beater's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA, USA
Oddometer: 2,881
I do have the spare '74 block.

Let's see if there is any play in your pistons. If it's always the 'right one' ... when you 'rebuilt the bike' did you replace the con-rod bearings?
__________________
Fred
'85 R80RT G/Sified <|> '91 R100GS Bumblebee (103K miles and climbing) <|> '73 R75/5 LWB
Airhead Zen: Ride - Repair - Ride - Maintain - Ride - Repeat
Beater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:06 AM   #64
hardwaregrrl OP
You talkin' to me?
 
hardwaregrrl's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta
Oddometer: 6,658
Alright, see everybody tonight at Twains.

Looking forward to seeing you after 2 years!!!! Blake! No fancy pants parking allowed.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
hardwaregrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:08 AM   #65
Beater
Blinded by Science
 
Beater's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA, USA
Oddometer: 2,881
Jenna - Your pic is upside down.

__________________
Fred
'85 R80RT G/Sified <|> '91 R100GS Bumblebee (103K miles and climbing) <|> '73 R75/5 LWB
Airhead Zen: Ride - Repair - Ride - Maintain - Ride - Repeat
Beater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:56 AM   #66
norton73
drinkin'
 
norton73's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2003
Location: Beautiful Downtown Springville, Alabama
Oddometer: 8,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beater View Post
Jenna - Your pic is upside down.

That became the norm that day
__________________
Loose nut holding the handlebars
Hes one of those who knows that life is just a leap of faith. Spread your arms and hold your breath, always trust your cape. Guy Clark "The Cape"
norton73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:29 AM   #67
Beater
Blinded by Science
 
Beater's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA, USA
Oddometer: 2,881
heh ...

So who's coming tonight to Twain's? I look forward to seeing some new faces!

__________________
Fred
'85 R80RT G/Sified <|> '91 R100GS Bumblebee (103K miles and climbing) <|> '73 R75/5 LWB
Airhead Zen: Ride - Repair - Ride - Maintain - Ride - Repeat
Beater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:20 AM   #68
bmwblake
upside down parker
 
bmwblake's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: nashville, tn
Oddometer: 3,274
great seeing everyone last night, and i even managed to park right side up.
bmwblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:57 AM   #69
Beater
Blinded by Science
 
Beater's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA, USA
Oddometer: 2,881
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwblake View Post
great seeing everyone last night, and i even managed to park right side up.
Great to meet you too Blake! Glad you approve of my use of your subframe

Loads of fun!
__________________
Fred
'85 R80RT G/Sified <|> '91 R100GS Bumblebee (103K miles and climbing) <|> '73 R75/5 LWB
Airhead Zen: Ride - Repair - Ride - Maintain - Ride - Repeat
Beater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:17 AM   #70
hardwaregrrl OP
You talkin' to me?
 
hardwaregrrl's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta
Oddometer: 6,658
Anybody wrenching this weeked? Wife is out of town, I have some more mock up to do and get this, I need to replace plugs and wires on my car. And look what I found in my shop manual.....

 photo aztek_zpsb0d0dd37.jpg

That's right! I have to "roll" the engine to access the rear plugs.
hardwaregrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:24 AM   #71
Beater
Blinded by Science
 
Beater's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA, USA
Oddometer: 2,881
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwaregrrl View Post
That's right! I have to "roll" the engine to access the rear plugs.


That has got to be the worst design ever. Frickin' GM.
__________________
Fred
'85 R80RT G/Sified <|> '91 R100GS Bumblebee (103K miles and climbing) <|> '73 R75/5 LWB
Airhead Zen: Ride - Repair - Ride - Maintain - Ride - Repeat
Beater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:15 AM   #72
norton73
drinkin'
 
norton73's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2003
Location: Beautiful Downtown Springville, Alabama
Oddometer: 8,259
GM has a prior history of this kinda planning. Early '80s V6 Monzas and Skylarks come to mind. Drilling through the fire wall with a hole saw was not an uncommon solution.
__________________
Loose nut holding the handlebars
Hes one of those who knows that life is just a leap of faith. Spread your arms and hold your breath, always trust your cape. Guy Clark "The Cape"
norton73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:21 AM   #73
hardwaregrrl OP
You talkin' to me?
 
hardwaregrrl's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta
Oddometer: 6,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by norton73 View Post
GM has a prior history of this kinda planning. Early '80s V6 Monzas and Skylarks come to mind. Drilling through the fire wall with a hole saw was not an uncommon solution.
It's funny, this was originally a Toyota design. They just stopped when they got to the engine. fuckers.
hardwaregrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:32 AM   #74
R100RT Mark
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Georgia, USA
Oddometer: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwaregrrl View Post
Anybody wrenching this weeked? ....
The BMW Motorcycle Club of Georgia were talking about a "Spring Tech Day" this Saturday, February 23rd, but the chat has been quiet for a while. I've nudged their forum to see if anything is happening. Check out this thread (not sure if the thread is "public" so let me know if you cannot access and I'll precis): http://bmwmoga.info/forum/showthread.php?t=3267
__________________
Mark

Current Rides: 1974 TR5T : 1993 R100R : 1994 R100RT
Past Rides: 11# 1970s BSA/Triumph Singles & Twins : 2# 1970s CZ 125s : 1985 BMW R65 : 1976 Moby X7
R100RT Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:03 PM   #75
R100RT Mark
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Georgia, USA
Oddometer: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by R100RT Mark View Post
The BMW Motorcycle Club of Georgia were talking about a "Spring Tech Day" this Saturday, February 23rd, but the chat has been quiet for a while. I've nudged their forum to see if anything is happening. Check out this thread (not sure if the thread is "public" so let me know if you cannot access and I'll precis): http://bmwmoga.info/forum/showthread.php?t=3267

Looks like the club tech days has been postponed, but the venue owner is keen to see motorcycle faces.

With 80% chance of rain, there a 20% chance I'll turn up for lunch!

Viet-Nomie's Cafe and Food Truck
7130 Buford Hwy, Suite C-100
Atlanta, GA 30340

1 mile north of I-285 on Buford Hwy. on the right side
__________________
Mark

Current Rides: 1974 TR5T : 1993 R100R : 1994 R100RT
Past Rides: 11# 1970s BSA/Triumph Singles & Twins : 2# 1970s CZ 125s : 1985 BMW R65 : 1976 Moby X7
R100RT Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014