Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2012, 05:17 PM   #16
dirtydeeds
I'm alive.

Oddometer: 2,490
Just got your PM, thanks.

Here is a link to the 180 kit

And to the big valve head as well.

I'm waiting to hear about the kit from someone that put it on their KLX150. There is a forum (asian) for guys that SM the little machines.

I was thinking the air box mod and pipe might be first. That should open it up and take a couple pounds off too. I'll find some new jets for the stock carby. It first needs to be ridden. Then we'll see about appropriate mods.
ATC350X
550MXC
dirtydeeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:50 AM   #17
Lutz
Killer Rabbit

Oddometer: 1,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydeeds View Post
1.5 Gallons just seems a little small. The Kwak website says the bike uses the same upper tubes as the KLX250. Does that mean a 250 tank could fit on this bike? Anyone have access to both bikes for an experiment?
Another inmate, ZIGGYND, over on the Long term KLX250S review thread has checked this out here...unfortunately, the answer is no, the KLX250S tank is not even close to fitting on the KLX140L .
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZIGGYND View Post
Finally got around to checking out how the 250 tank fits on the 140. I think the picture below says it all. Unfortunately it will not fit without a lot of persuasion (cutting torch, welder, 5 lb hammer, etc.). Although it appears that angles are similar between the two, that is about the only thing that is remotely close. The 140's frame where the tank sits is shorter and narrower preventing the larger tank from seating any closer than in the picture. The mounting locations between the 2 are reversed (250 screw is on lower end of tank, 140 is on top end of tank). Even with the tank sitting on top of the triples the rear part protrudes past where the 140 tank attaches pushing the seat (which isn't a direct fit to the tank) back too far to be attached at the rear mounting location.
IMO it might be easier to mold a new tank from scratch than to start with the existing klx250 tank. It would have been nice to find a new home for all of those stock tanks sitting in peoples garages, but I guess we'll have to keep looking.

Lutz is offline   Reply With Quote