Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2013, 06:29 PM   #1471
CharlestonADV
I do my own stunts!

Oddometer: 473
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bráulio Biker View Post
Did you photoshop this photo?
Photos have to be embellished to keep pace with the exaggerated descriptions of the people he visits.
CharlestonADV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:34 PM   #1472
Contevita
Cigar Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiHero View Post
Ok, so I've been given the green light to share.

As I said before, Ducati has been following along. And when the trip ended, they called. Apparently Gabriele Del Torchio, (Ducati CEO), asked the PR Manager for North America (Tim Collins), to get in touch with me, which he did via Aaron Klink, the Sales Manager of Newport Beach Ducati.

Tim said that Ducati Italy was “amazed” by the trip--and to show their appreciation, they're flying me out to the Circuit of the Americas next month for the launch of the 1199R. I'll get to meet Mr. Del Torchio himself, along with the head engineer behind the Panigale. Ben Spies and Nicky Hayden will be there, too—along with more 1199Rs than you can shake a conrod at.

Very excited. Ducati rocks.
We're expecting a lot of photos from this.
Contevita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:58 PM   #1473
pilot3
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Contevita View Post
We're expecting a lot of photos from this.
That could be book #2.

Congrats AntiHero! A bit more icing for what continues to be a sweet trip. That should be an outstanding event!
pilot3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:34 PM   #1474
Tgpatrsn
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by contevita View Post
we're expecting a lot of photos from this.
+1
Tgpatrsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:50 PM   #1475
motopat
Adventurer

Oddometer: 38
Quote:

As I said before, Ducati has been following along. And when the trip ended, they called. Apparently Gabriele Del Torchio, (Ducati CEO), asked the PR Manager for North America (Tim Collins), to get in touch with me, which he did via Aaron Klink, the Sales Manager of Newport Beach Ducati.

Tim said that Ducati Italy was “amazed” by the trip--and to show their appreciation, they're flying me out to the Circuit of the Americas next month for the launch of the 1199R. I'll get to meet Mr. Del Torchio himself, along with the head engineer behind the Panigale. Ben Spies and Nicky Hayden will be there, too—along with more 1199Rs than you can shake a conrod at.

And the hits just keep on come'n! We can't pay you for dragging us along so nice to a little something for the effort.
motopat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:15 AM   #1476
DestinationUnknown
Adventurer

Oddometer: 87
That's great that you get to go out for the launch. I'm with everyone that said plenty of photos.
DestinationUnknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:26 AM   #1477
prynz
n00b

Oddometer: 5
A very special guy on a very special motorcycle gets the attention and response he deserves. I like that. Sounds like an overwhelming event coming up on you. Enjoy.
prynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:53 AM   #1478
mart´n
Adventurer

Oddometer: 90
!

You fårking rock, A.H!
You deserve it, congrats man!
Looking forward to the pics indeed.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:35 AM   #1479
FlyingFrog
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Quote:

Good to hear! Maybe you'll spend a little more time in Texas! What are the dates or do you know yet?
FlyingFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:51 AM   #1480
rico2072
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 320
That is freaking awesome!
Very happy for you!
Take a crap load of pictures, and try and slip in the Euro trip, see if they will ship the bike over for you! lol

Congratz once again!
Old 02-16-2013, 09:45 AM   #1481
desmodab
Oversized Canuck

Oddometer: 257
That's fantastic Dennis, and well deserved. Good to see that Ducati recognize that also!!

Hijack alert!! Now, if I could get some of there attention here in Calgary, Alberta, Canada! There is currently a lot Ducatisti and very proud and enthusiastic owners like myself who are becoming disillusioned at the fact that the only Ducati dealer in town just closed and Ducati has no immediate plans to get us another dealer, so I have to ride 300km to get my 12K service done on my '11 Multistrada!! More details here:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=862582

Sorry to hijack, but I thought raising awareness might help keep us northern Ducati owners and fans enthusiastic about the brand...

DD
desmodab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:40 PM   #1482
AntiHero OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,109
Launch is the 18th, 19th and 20th of March. And I plan on bringing a lot of empty memory cards with me. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by desmodab View Post

Sorry to hijack, but I thought raising awareness might help keep us northern Ducati owners and fans enthusiastic about the brand...

DD
That sucks for you guys! Maybe what Ducati needs is a Desmo Snowmobile to keep business brisk during all the Arctic winter months you guys have? :)
AntiHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:09 PM   #1483
ewaugh
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
Quote:

ewaugh--I wish I had pictures of, oh, I don't know--all the fingernails I've had to remove with pliers?--to elevate your estimation beyond just lunch time stories. (Hmmm...I think I might have some toe-nail pulling vids....let me check on that). I'll consider uploading some other gory injuries I managed to take pics of before going to the hospital, but I really can't compete with professionals now....just happy to be alive!
In all fairness most of my injuries haven't gone much deeper than skin. I am dealing with some tendinitis in the shoulder right now but that's different. Most of the stuff I've seen has not happened to me. The best one was the guy that had a dog bite on his scr...sc...ball sack. There was a jar a peanut butter involved but they guy would admit to nothing. Life can be...interesting sometimes.

The moral of the story...don't do anything you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics. This includes statements that begin with "hold my beer," and "hey yall, watch this!"
ewaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:06 AM   #1484
DCrider
Live from THE Hill

Oddometer: 4,022
Sweet Anti, as the saying goes, no risk...no reward Enjoy the trip.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:27 PM   #1485
Nikster
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Finally got through with this. This is Zen and the art of Motorcycle Maintenance, only for 2012/13 - amazing stuff. Epic. All I can say is please AH keep at it, and keep riding and writing, because that is your calling, clearly. Oh, and photos.

I thought I'd seen it all, all the gorgeous Panigale shots that ever would be. Id even become a little jaded - oh, another drop dead gorgeous shot in an amazing landscape with the best designed motorcycle one can buy. Then I came upon the ones with the coyotes. Holy Jesus of motorbike shots!!! Those really blew my mind. Put them up somewhere and sell them!

I felt sad seeing the Pani locked away in storage... like hey that was a fun ride and its unfortunately all over now and back to normal life. But not so, I have faith in AH to keep going, kinda does not strike me as if he has arrived at the end just yet. We all seek spiritual elevation in the end, whether we know it or not, whether we call it that or call it by some other name, we are looking for it; the way you are doing it is a good way, a different way, and it resonates with us.

Thanks, and thanks, ebook bought.
Nikster is offline   Reply With Quote