User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2013, 08:42 AM   #181
wingnut racer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 111
WTB XR350R compression release cables

Anyone have any they want to sell?? They seem to be unobtainable.
wingnut racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:42 PM   #182
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

Oddometer: 24,461
give motion pro a call Im pretty sur ethey could make one up. http://www.motionpro.com/motorcycle/custom/

Go forth and be a force of the awesome!
kenny61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:22 PM   #183
photomurph
n00b

Oddometer: 2
12V regulator

Anyone ever put a 12v regulator on their XR350R? Trying to dual sport one I picked up last week. I think I need to connect the regulator to the blue wire coming off the stator and ground the other side. Am I on the right track?
photomurph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:21 AM   #184
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

Dont know, maybe this will help

http://www.4strokes.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=20484

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/745...popping-bulbs/

Old 03-15-2013, 10:52 AM   #185
cynicwanderer
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 555
I converted a xr350r to use a 12 AC regulator. yes, it goes between the lighting coil output and ground. sorry, I don't know the wire color off the top of my head, but there is a CDI output (black/red) and the other is the lighting coil. it's a shunt regulator, so the non-ground and the ground sides go to the lights. if you need a battery, then you will need a rectifier/regulator, which will be wired differently. one side will go to the lighting coil output and ground, and the other will be battery plus and minus. a thermal blinker will work with AC, I don't think the electronic kind will work with anything but DC. the horn will sound different on AC, than DC. if you plan to use LED lights you will likely want DC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by photomurph View Post
Anyone ever put a 12v regulator on their XR350R? Trying to dual sport one I picked up last week. I think I need to connect the regulator to the blue wire coming off the stator and ground the other side. Am I on the right track?
cynicwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:32 PM   #186
wingnut racer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 111
my XR350

wingnut racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:34 PM   #187
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut racer View Post

At least its red

Old 04-27-2013, 10:45 PM   #188
crazyjeeper
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 381
Here is my 1985 XR350R.

It is completely bone stock except for the rox risers, protaper YZ high bars and HDB hand guards.
Old 12-27-2013, 02:57 PM   #189
MaxxTraxx
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
That sure is a good looking bike.
Old 04-09-2014, 11:00 PM   #190
badweatherbiker
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 702
I just picked up an 83 XR350 in decent shape and have the carbs off taking a pine sol bath, just cleaned out the tank and trying to rid the intake manifold/cylinder of some corrosion and then I have to pull off a kill switch from one of my other XR's so I can see if this thing is gonna fire or not.
I have a question if you don't mind, it seems like this bike doesnt have much compression I can push the kickstarter down with my hand its easier than my XR200. It is no where close to the compression my XL600R had is this normal?
Advocare products-www.advocare.com/12084065
badweatherbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 10:47 AM   #191
badweatherbiker
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 702
another question and hoping for an answer, I just took a kill switch off a 94 xr100 and was gonna wire it up but didn't kniw where to connect it to all the wires and colors are different on the xr350 any thoughts? there is a black/white wire behind the flyscreen and a couple green ones and a white under the tank
Advocare products-www.advocare.com/12084065
badweatherbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 02:16 PM   #192
letank
Adventurer

Oddometer: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by badweatherbiker View Post
I have a question if you don't mind, it seems like this bike doesnt have much compression I can push the kickstarter down with my hand its easier than my XR200. It is no where close to the compression my XL600R had is this normal?
Use a compression gauge 160 to 180 IIRC, I can barely push it by hand.... unless I remove the spark plug.

Finally rejetted mine last week, it is running much colder, droppped from 248 to 204 in 65 degrees weather... The usual post suggest 48 slow jet and 135 main, and 110 on the secondary carb. I used 50 slow jet, and [correction I wrote initially 128, but it is 132] main leaving the 112 on the secondary carb. Will try to use a 48 on the slow jet latter for tease.

Start first kick in the morning and first kick anytime when hot... for riding in the 4 to 6000' range.

Slow jet or pilot jet ref : KEIHIN SLOW JET N424-74C
and the main jet 99101-357-
Got them from PJMotorsports.com

letank screwed with this post 06-22-2014 at 08:20 PM
letank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 10:02 AM   #193
Leget

Oddometer: 566
I picked up a 1985 XR350R a week or two ago, I've been tinkering with it off and on as time allows.

So far I have sealed up a leaky carb intake and install a new air filter, checked the oil (it was low), and soaked the chain in diesel to get it cleaned up.
There is still a lot to do, but its a start.

It seems to run fine, but it has a "tick" like the valves need adjusted.
So I removed the covers on the inspection holes on the left side and to my surprise....oil started running out of the large inspection hole.

Unless there is something different about this bike that I'm not aware of there shouldn't be any oil in there.
Its a little confusing, the flywheel/stator must have been submerged in a oil bath, if that's the case....how could this bike run like that? Am I missing something?

My first thought is a bad crank seal....

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth - Steve McQueen

Leget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 10:20 AM   #194
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leget View Post
I picked up a 1985 XR350R a week or two ago, I've been tinkering with it off and on as time allows.

So far I have sealed up a leaky carb intake and install a new air filter, checked the oil (it was low), and soaked the chain in diesel to get it cleaned up.
There is still a lot to do, but its a start.

It seems to run fine, but it has a "tick" like the valves need adjusted.
So I removed the covers on the inspection holes on the left side and to my surprise....oil started running out of the large inspection hole.

Unless there is something different about this bike that I'm not aware of there shouldn't be any oil in there.
Its a little confusing, the flywheel/stator must have been submerged in a oil bath, if that's the case....how could this bike run like that? Am I missing something?

My first thought is a bad crank seal....

its a 4 stoke, no crank seal, its supposed to be like that. the level i think is high, its a dry sump on the 85 check it just after shut down

Old 07-16-2014, 10:32 AM   #195
Leget

Oddometer: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny61 View Post
its a 4 stoke, no crank seal, its supposed to be like that. the level i think is high, its a dry sump on the 85 check it just after shut down
Busted......... I spend too much time wrenching on the 2-smokes.

Thanks for the info... I thought I was in big trouble.
Good to hear I was just stupid.

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth - Steve McQueen

Leget is offline   Reply With Quote