Adventurer

Oddometer: 39
That is one properly fooked rim!
buzzlightyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:57 AM   #3827
EtronX
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 214
Wink The art of motivation (followed by spin crash and burn...)

In Yakutsk there are two places you can go to if you want to have a nice night on the town. The Chicago Bar and the Europa Club. There are probably more places, but trust me on this, these two will do

As part of our great "Motivate Terry Scheme", Steve, Adrian and I figured that a cosy night out with the lads would be just what the Doctor would prescribe for young Terry. Lets go and have a couple of beers, relax and talk quietly about the road ahead. Maybe this would get Mr. Brown on better thoughts Erik and Walter decided to stay at the hotel that night but the rest of the crew took responsibility

At about 1800 hours we trotted over to the Chicago Bar. It was only a 10 - 15 minutes walk from the hotel. The weather was nice and the temperature required no more than a shirt and maybe a thin sweater. We enjoyed looking at all the people smiling. It was a nice evening

We got to the Chicago and quickly noticed that this was a more upper class bar. Perfect, this suited us fine. We just wanted some food and a beer. And maybe a small Vodka in order to celebrate our friendship and the fact that we had gotten all the way to Yakutsk.

There were quite a few people there. Mostly tables with 4 to 6 girls. We got a table and ordered a beer. Everyone smiled and said hello to us. Russians are very friendly and nice The beer came, but the food took some time. So we ordered another beer. And a small Vodka. People came over and chatted. Some brought Vodka and everything was A OK.

At around 1930 I got some problems with my eyes. The focusing and stereo mechanism didn't quite work as good as it was supposed to. I didn't worry to much about that though. I just had to close one eye and the two Terry's were reduced to one again. Problem solved

Now, I know that Terry is a bit older than me, but I still blame some on my age. At around 2000 hours my alzheimer light seems to have kicked in. Things start to get a bit vague from that time. I know we had a very good time at the Chicago Bar. Talked to lots of nice people with very long legs that never seemed to end

At what time we left the Chicago Bar I have no idea. I think we emptied the bar and they had to close the joint They are not used to us there. Last time the Vikings went shopping they didn't get that far East. They did get to the UK though. Thats why we have all the blond long legged girls in Norway and not in Aberdeen

Sorry about that last digression

Somehow we continued this spectacular night and got ourselves over to the Europa Club. "Huston we had liftoff"

Photo wise we don't have much documentation from this night and my recollection of the Europa Club is next to none. I only have one picture and one video clip. I'll let them speak for them selves

Trans Sibir eXpedition 2012 Europa Club Yakutsk from EtronX on Vimeo.

EtronX screwed with this post 02-16-2013 at 11:04 AM
EtronX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:41 AM   #3828
achesley
Old Motorcyclist

Oddometer: 3,391
Amazing! Just simply Amazing! Thank you O so much for this.

A '00 KLR 650 38,000 miles, A '07 1250S 75,000 actual, A '03 5.3L Chevy Truck 75,000 + '43 style dude , Simper Fi ;-)
achesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:04 PM   #3829
StepOnIt
Assitoner

Oddometer: 935
Cry wow just wow

WOW what a great story (trip) this is turning out to be and it just keeps coming. Has to be some kind of joint book deal, all you need is a good catchy name....

Sorry to see the two guys leaving and can fully understand why. I have never been on the road for that long and can see it finally wearing you out.
Thanks for the great read everyone please keep it coming

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day." Dean Martin
StepOnIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:24 PM   #3830
tee bee
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 196
ooooh nooooo, i,ll never live it down .

I blame the Vikings !!!!!!!!!!!
tee bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:30 PM   #3831
Prutser
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 914
Quote:
Originally Posted by tee bee View Post

I didn't know you had it in you mate

R100GS'91 (sold)
Prutser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:34 PM   #3832
EtronX
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 214
:-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tee bee View Post

Terry old mate You've e got the moooves And sorry for taking you out that night and leading you down that alley. Every hope we had of you going with us to Magadan perished that night
Old 02-16-2013, 12:41 PM   #3833
Honkey Cat
Tailights Fade!

Oddometer: 1,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by EtronX View Post
In Yakutsk there are two places you can go to if you want to have a nice night on the town. The Chicago Bar and the Europa Club. There are probably more places, but trust me on this, these two will do

As part of our great "Motivate Terry Scheme", Steve, Adrian and I figured that a cosy night out with the lads would be just what the Doctor would prescribe for young Terry. Lets go and have a couple of beers, relax and talk quietly about the road ahead. Maybe this would get Mr. Brown on better thoughts Erik and Walter decided to stay at the hotel that night but the rest of the crew took responsibility

At about 1800 hours we trotted over to the Chicago Bar. It was only a 10 - 15 minutes walk from the hotel. The weather was nice and the temperature required no more than a shirt and maybe a thin sweater. We enjoyed looking at all the people smiling. It was a nice evening

We got to the Chicago and quickly noticed that this was a more upper class bar. Perfect, this suited us fine. We just wanted some food and a beer. And maybe a small Vodka in order to celebrate our friendship and the fact that we had gotten all the way to Yakutsk.

There were quite a few people there. Mostly tables with 4 to 6 girls. We got a table and ordered a beer. Everyone smiled and said hello to us. Russians are very friendly and nice The beer came, but the food took some time. So we ordered another beer. And a small Vodka. People came over and chatted. Some brought Vodka and everything was A OK.

At around 1930 I got some problems with my eyes. The focusing and stereo mechanism didn't quite work as good as it was supposed to. I didn't worry to much about that though. I just had to close one eye and the two Terry's were reduced to one again. Problem solved

Now, I know that Terry is a bit older than me, but I still blame some on my age. At around 2000 hours my alzheimer light seems to have kicked in. Things start to get a bit vague from that time. I know we had a very good time at the Chicago Bar. Talked to lots of nice people with very long legs that never seemed to end

At what time we left the Chicago Bar I have no idea. I think we emptied the bar and they had to close the joint They are not used to us there. Last time the Vikings went shopping they didn't get that far East. They did get to the UK though. Thats why we have all the blond long legged girls in Norway and not in Aberdeen

Sorry about that last digression

Somehow we continued this spectacular night and got ourselves over to the Europa Club. "Huston we had liftoff"

Photo wise we don't have much documentation from this night and my recollection of the Europa Club is next to none. I only have one picture and one video clip. I'll let them speak for them selves

Trans Sibir eXpedition 2012 Europa Club Yakutsk from EtronX on Vimeo.

moves like McJagger
Old 02-16-2013, 01:25 PM   #3834
elias
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 290
Now thats what i call adventure riding, after such a long way, this was the best place to celebrate!!!!!

Walter could the rim from your XC fit in the F 800? they are both BMW. And then you could take a new one in Moscow. Steve could pay for that if you wanted.
elias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:05 PM   #3835
rdwalker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,528
Wow! You da man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stemic01 View Post
... Than I started to rebuild the wheels from scratch. I got some advice from Erik who had done this on several bicycles and the principles are the same. ...
Now, let me get this straight. You built a wheel just by setting the spokes, without a rig? You are a damn magician! That is something I would never attempt - and I did work on bicycle and motorcycle spoke wheels.

Apparently, it's true: necessity is a mother of brilliance!

On another note: I thought you guys were riding in the middle of nowhere. Far away. Yet, anywhere you go, you meet fellow travelers. What's the matter. is the place totally overrun by moto adventurers? Is it like New York City, where the only pedestrians on a weekend are tourists?
rdwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:10 PM   #3836
beat
Double Dutchie

Oddometer: 88
jep, just like new york, but with only one street that is a few 1000 miles long
Old 02-16-2013, 02:58 PM   #3837
mbravo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 62
Walter, having read this far through the thread, and also after browsing quite a bit through your bike build thread as well, I felt the need to ask your opinion - do you think a g650 Sertao is a viable platform for adventurization similar in spirit to what you have done with XC? Naturally, the more why's you could list, either way, the better :-)
mbravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:21 PM   #3838
WJW
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
Walter and Terry

I want to thank you both for taking us along on your travels, You have taken a trip most of us can only dream of.

THANK YOU AGAIN

WJW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:23 PM   #3839
norexit
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdwalker View Post
Now, let me get this straight. You built a wheel just by setting the spokes, without a rig? You are a damn magician! That is something I would never attempt - and I did work on bicycle and motorcycle spoke wheels.
A fork or swing arm with a bit of cardboard taped to it works almost as well has a fancy stand.
norexit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:45 PM   #3840
sion
sigh-own

Oddometer: 3,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by EtronX View Post
Bolot, Erik, Terry and Adrian at the Chinese market in Yakutsk

I thought that guy (Bolot) looked familiar...see the first couple mins of this video:

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301
sion is offline   Reply With Quote