Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2013, 08:29 PM   #46
Jeathrow Bowdean OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 291
That's a 10-4 on knowing the bike you are looking at. My buddy did a lot of home work before he bought his used bike last year, and it worked out good.

It took him 4 units before he found the one he was after. The frist 2 were hammered hard, and the 3rd bike wasn't even good as boat ancher. Ha Ha.

Buyer Beware I say.

Jeathrow Bowdean screwed with this post 02-16-2013 at 05:32 PM
Jeathrow Bowdean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:21 PM   #47
plugeye
mc caregiver

Oddometer: 3,026
use a spell checker next time
plugeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:51 PM   #48
Harpoonalt
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by plugeye View Post
use a spell checker next time

Sometimes when a kid is obviously enjoying picking lint out of his navel, it's best to not ruin the moment with details. Phonetics work and who wants to ruin, what I imagine is a mile wide smile!

YMMV
Harpoonalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:39 PM   #49
Jeathrow Bowdean OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeathrow Bowdean View Post
Yes I picked my name based on my quest to become a rocketship captin or a rodeo clown. I'm a lot like Forest Gump I guess. I was raised in the bush on the Eastern Slopes of the mountains, and I never got the chance to go to school like most folks.

I pick up most of my words from every day signs, and motorcycle, snowmobile, and quad magazines that I read. I keep working at it, and I most likely will never get my words down pat...

A fellow who come to live with us in the bush told me that I reminded him of a fellow that he seen on a TV show that he watched when he was a young fellow. He use to call me Jeathrow Bowdean ??? and I have never meet the dude, so the name stuck I guess.
My dad called me boy till I was in my teen years, then my mom picked a name for me before I went to work in the bush on my own. It seems that every one knows me by Jeathrow, so I desided not to change it. I know there is someone out there with my same name, but I don't mind being him or her in either case. Life is to short to worry about perfect, so I blend in where I can.

The old computer helps me learn new words, and I hope that I can fit in with you folks. Thanks for letting me thread and post away with you guys. It meens a lot that I have friends all around the world in a motorcycle sport that I truely love.

From Jeathrow Bowdean in Western Canada
Ha Ha.
Jeathrow Bowdean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:53 PM   #50
RideFreak
Green Chile Eater

Oddometer: 4,964
I've bought allot of used bikes, I look it over good, ride it and decide. It's not 100% but if ithe bike is obviously taken care, good mechanical condition and it's the model size I'm looking for I trust my instincts. A good mechanice is essential if you don't know bikes and motors specifically but a knowledgable rider with expierence is going to be just as good judge in most situations. Even taking a bike to a mechanic isn't fool proof, much can be missed aside from obvious like drive system, bearings, seals and compression.

Yeah it's buyer beware, key is not letting you emotions make the purchase decision and that's hard sometimes
RideFreak is offline   Reply With Quote