Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Canada
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2013, 08:04 PM   #3076
Beema Killa
Beema Killa

Oddometer: 691
I was actually trying to be good but with the crosswinds and up and down of the Tarmac where I got nailed, it was tough to regulate my speed at all times. Oh well.
Beema Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:54 PM   #3077
RED CAT
Bumpy Backroader

Oddometer: 2,734
Beema Killa!

Good thing we weren't clocked earlier. Too bad a crappy ending to a fun day. Fun having a new guy in our band of merry men. New blood. More chuckles. More dust. Less wind would have been nice though. Stay tuned for more knuckle dragging twisties!
RED CAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:38 AM   #3078
Beema Killa
Beema Killa

Anyone hitting world of wheels tomorrow? Might try to hit it in the aft.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:39 PM   #3079
RED05
Are we there yet?

Oddometer: 132
3 Hours on the Bike Yesterday.

Old 02-22-2013, 03:34 PM   #3080
flossandfly
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 281
Got to try heated gear today.

Didn't get a picture though. Went to Big Hill Springs provincial park and screwed around on the side roads there and back. The gloves on half heat were warm enough, got hotter the faster I rode. Now I know bundled up with heated stiuff at just above zero is okay for riding.

Toes were starting to get cold by the time I got home.

Felt good to get out again.
flossandfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:00 PM   #3081
Jeathrow Bowdean
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 293
Red Wing hunting boots with 900 or 1200 thin-sulate in them. Warm feet makes a happy biker !!!

1800 is to much, so don't got them that thick.

From Jeathrow Bowdean in Western Canada.
Jeathrow Bowdean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:30 PM   #3082
Beema Killa
Beema Killa

Nice lid. Love mine too.(even have the same lens) Logged a bunch of time last week with some fellas from here. 2 of which rode doppelgängers of your bike.
This has been a great February.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED05 View Post
Old 02-22-2013, 06:42 PM   #3083
RED05
Are we there yet?

Powder Face Sept 2012

Old 02-22-2013, 06:47 PM   #3084
RED05
Are we there yet?

Wipeout

My Buddy Fractured Clavicle and 3 metatarsals as well as dislocated big toe in Left foot while wearing Garne MX Boots. Just off Powder face on the new logging road Sept. 2012

RED05 screwed with this post 02-22-2013 at 07:09 PM
RED05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:00 PM   #3085
flossandfly
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeathrow Bowdean View Post
Red Wing hunting boots with 900 or 1200 thin-sulate in them. Warm feet makes a happy biker !!!

1800 is to much, so don't got them that thick.

From Jeathrow Bowdean in Western Canada.
Thanks, I will check those out. I had motocross boots on with thin socks. Would be good to look into some other riding footwear for pavement riding.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:53 PM   #3086
Lycan1
Grizzly herder

Oddometer: 1,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by flossandfly View Post
Thanks, I will check those out. I had motocross boots on with thin socks. Would be good to look into some other riding footwear for pavement riding.
Most of the time, except commuting to work, I wear my MX boots. I always end up off road during a ride, and the street boots feel like riding barefoot by comparison. There is no substitute for the protection that MX boots provide,IMO. I use Helly Hanson winter socks from Marks Work Warehouse when it's cold out. They work great. I won't ride in any footwear that has laces.
09 KTM 990 Adv
Lycan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:34 PM   #3087
Shibby!
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycan1 View Post
Most of the time, except commuting to work, I wear my MX boots. I always end up off road during a ride, and the street boots feel like riding barefoot by comparison. There is no substitute for the protection that MX boots provide,IMO. I use Helly Hanson winter socks from Marks Work Warehouse when it's cold out. They work great. I won't ride in any footwear that has laces.

I've seen some nasty wounds from riding without proper boots. I agree with above. Street or dirt, you should have proper protection. Feet, hands (i'm guilty of motox gloves) and obviously head. I think those are the big three, but AYGATT, or whatever it is.

I have friends that are happy they can walk. They admit it wouldn't have been an issue if proper gear was worn.
Dirt Donkeys Do Baja: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=671095

Shibby! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:16 PM   #3088
flossandfly
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shibby! View Post
I've seen some nasty wounds from riding without proper boots. I agree with above. Street or dirt, you should have proper protection. Feet, hands (i'm guilty of motox gloves) and obviously head. I think those are the big three, but AYGATT, or whatever it is.

I have friends that are happy they can walk. They admit it wouldn't have been an issue if proper gear was worn.
Warmth was my issue and the cheapest and safest way to address that would be to check out the helly hanson winter socks. I suspect it would be difficult to find a much warmer boot that a motocross boot with a good winter sock underneath. If desparate I can use the foot warmers I got from canadian tire. I was considering getting some riding footwear that would be appropriate for walking at my destination, feel like a knob walking around a store in giant boots.
Old 02-24-2013, 07:49 AM   #3089
Lycan1
Grizzly herder

Oddometer: 1,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by flossandfly View Post
Warmth was my issue and the cheapest and safest way to address that would be to check out the helly hanson winter socks. I suspect it would be difficult to find a much warmer boot that a motocross boot with a good winter sock underneath. If desparate I can use the foot warmers I got from canadian tire. I was considering getting some riding footwear that would be appropriate for walking at my destination, feel like a knob walking around a store in giant boots.
I don't know about you, but I'm already too old to care what anyone else thinks (about my apparel or hobbies) anymore.

It actually makes me laugh when I get funny looks, and kids saying things like, "look mom, it's a clown" when I stomp into the pharmacy wearing my off road boots and 1-piece red rainsuit.
09 KTM 990 Adv
Lycan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:54 AM   #3090
flossandfly
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycan1 View Post
I don't know about you, but I'm already too old to care what anyone else thinks (about my apparel or hobbies) anymore.

It actually makes me laugh when I get funny looks, and kids saying things like, "look mom, it's a clown" when I stomp into the pharmacy wearing my off road boots and 1-piece red rainsuit.
I am almost too old to care but not quite there yet...Maybe if I can hold off a few years. Are you sure you aren't trying to dress like a space ranger/stormtrooper to try for funny looks?