User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2013, 04:24 PM   #91
backroadrider74
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 114
Blind Corner

I was going fullbore on the twat when i rounded a corner and the leader freaked out and stopped because of deep sand. luckily for me i pulled a hard left the bike went down faster than a pair of panties on prom nite the sand was so deep It hardly hurt. Yes i was going to fast but i was on a 73 ts185. I was riding with a xr650 and dr350
backroadrider74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:17 PM   #92
t-bills
mcs are dangerous

Oddometer: 282
XXX1. Not paying attention to the warnings about strong wind gusts and watching your bike fall over on top of Grandfather Mountain.
XXX2. At full lock pulling into a parking space that has diamond plate for kickstands only to find the only one diamond plate piece that isn't attached to the pavement. On your 2 week old bike in front of your friends.
XXX3. Adjusting the ride height of your wife's new bike to suit her vertically challenged legs only to find out the hard way the kickstand is now too long.
t-bills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:08 AM   #93
rdcamp
Adventurer

Oddometer: 96
Turning too tightly at low speed on a slight incline to get into a better parking space

Also the tank bag decided to engage the kill switch....
rdcamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:15 AM   #94
rdcamp
Adventurer

Oddometer: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by wibby View Post
Don't know if you said it yet but I've heard 2 people do this one:

Coming to a stop light and forgetting to put a foot down

One was a woman ( I can see that), the other was an old man on a brand new Harley down at DMV taking his test
Yeah, mountain biking with clip in pedals/ cleats taught me the hard way. Never had that problem on a moto
rdcamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:21 PM   #95
quasigentrified
Trumpet Strumpet

Oddometer: 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdcamp View Post
Yeah, mountain biking with clip in pedals/ cleats taught me the hard way. Never had that problem on a moto
abusing the scooter all week like a punk ass, hopping on the regular ride forgetting that it weighs 540 lbs wet (with a middle-high center of gravity), and then braking like you're on a 300 lb scoot coming into a curved, heavily cambered downhill stop. with the front wheel fully turned right. oops.

the upside: having installed frame sliders a month before! also, keeping the scars to remind you that you're an idiot.

quasigentrified screwed with this post 05-26-2013 at 10:28 PM
quasigentrified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:31 AM   #96
Rusty Rocket
Life behind "Bars"

Oddometer: 8,841
back in the bellbottom pantleg days, having your pantleg over the kickstarter and not being able to put your foot down because it's caught and you already started the lean. This was at a gas pump.

Standing on the right side of your friends new Husqvarna TE610 and pulling the bike off the stand, but not realizing that the bike has a stand that folds up as soon as you do this. Then having the weight of the bike overcome you as you fight to not drop his new ride in the parking lot at the club meeting in front of several other members. then being pulled down on top of his bike.

2,000 more, but I hate typing.
Member of: AMA, NETRA, Blue Ribbon Coalition, CCCofVT, Berkshire TR, CT Ramblers
Rusty Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote