Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2013, 07:11 AM   #256
ducnut
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOT DAMN! View Post
Flogged a '13 Maxima around for the last 4 days in Indy (3rd time I picked one), while the fit/finish and trim materials are subpar, the motor and tranny are way too much fun for a family sedan. It pulls, and pulls, and pulls...
Quote:
Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
I recently rented a Chrysler 300; PentastarV6 and the ZF 8 speed.
My GF's uncle traded his '11 Maxima for a '12 300 with the same drivetrain. Having only sat in both cars, I still can't see giving up the interior of the Nissan for the Dodge. To each their own, I guess.
ducnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:21 AM   #257
ducnut
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
My Chevy Traverse is at the dealer having a lower ball joint replaced under warranty at 30K miles. I've always heard that you should have an alignment after dinking around with any suspension or front end component, but who knows. GM saves every nickel they can on warranty coverage, so if there is any doubt, they won't provide one. Should I push for one?
As Bueller mentioned, it probably won't be necessary. You're taking out one part that is manufactured with only one way it can go in and replacing it with another. The machine tolerances of that ball joint are tighter than the alignment specs. I wouldn't sweat it.
ducnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:11 AM   #258
HOT DAMN!
♪ ♪ ♪

Oddometer: 7,633
Quote:
Interesting, I think I'll try one of those in a few weeks but I'm excited to see what all the hype is about on this new Taurus, which I'll pick up on Tuesday for the week, unfortunately not an SHO but a Limited.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:14 AM   #259
jdiaz

Oddometer: 32,074
My last Maxima had a Check Engine Light that never gave up. Coils, o2 sensors, and MAF, all before 85k miles.

I'm probably going to get skin cancer from the endless glow on my face.
jdiaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:45 AM   #260
HOT DAMN!
♪ ♪ ♪

Oddometer: 7,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiaz View Post
I'm probably going to get skin cancer from the endless glow on my face.
Black electrical tape puts that light out indefinitely.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:33 AM   #261
jdiaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOT DAMN! View Post
Black electrical tape puts that light out indefinitely.
I bought a bunch of rolls for my Audi friends last Xmas.
Old 02-16-2013, 01:23 PM   #262
NDEBT
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,120
A friend/past coworker sent me this. It is very true. Working at a dealership is very unique. it is five buisnesess in one building. New sales, used sales, finance,parts and service. None can survive without the other reallly. Anyway I thought it was funny from the sales point.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain
NDEBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:36 AM   #263
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer: 19,221
Quote:

What a peach of a car. quiet, and fuel efficient (nearly 30mpg) and while it was a little reluctant to downshift, if you hoofed it it would drop several gears, engine would scream, and it would get up and go.

Epic blindspots in the rear from the high beltline and styling. (Caveat. I drive a 95 Mercedes E320 so i'm used to excellent visibility, elegant styling, supple ride, mild understeer and a tireless silky smooth inline 6.) Ride was a little bit harsh, but when I lowered the air pressure to factory specs, it was like butter. Not quite like my car, but a reasonable facsimilie. Understeered just a smidge if you started to push, and the rear really stuck. A stiffer rear sway bar would go a long way towards neutralising the built in understeer.

Lovely interior. Uconnect was easy to use (except I had to keep constantly pairing my phone to it every time I turned it off) although it was a bit boomy and lacking in high end fidelity. Odd that. It was crying out for some tweeters and a sub for low end punch.

Honestly that running gear, the suspension, that interior, are just begging to be dropped into something about 500lbs lighter and with better visibility. I imagine a rwd Avenger redux would be a great candidate.

I was sad to give it back (Hertz said $358 a month to keep it) but glad to get into my car with its infinitely superior visibility and ergonomics.

If I ever have to give up driving the W124s i'm probably going to look at that very strongly.

No wonder you liked that 300 so much, it's a 90's E-class under the skin.
RedRocket is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:36 AM   #264
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer: 19,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDEBT View Post
A friend/past coworker sent me this. It is very true. Working at a dealership is very unique. it is five buisnesess in one building. New sales, used sales, finance,parts and service. None can survive without the other reallly. Anyway I thought it was funny from the sales point.

Ain't that the truth
RedRocket is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:26 AM   #265
jdiaz

Fuckin whiners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDEBT View Post
Old 02-17-2013, 08:03 AM   #266
a1fa
Riding Nomad™

Oddometer: 13,517
What a bologna video.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:11 AM   #267
NDEBT
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by a1fa View Post
What a bologna video.

Why? What do you do for a living?
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain
NDEBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:20 PM   #268
ImaPoser
adventure imposter

Oddometer: 15,564
Ok you car dealer guys, what's the deal with getting a car from one dealer to another? Why is my local guy acting like it takes an act from god to get it from a dealer on the other side of town? Every dealer I talked to has said they can do it no problem, but when I go in to talk to them about it, they switch back to sell me something off the lot mode.
Should I just drive cross town and buy it there?

Save 20% when you open your own smugmug account. Just go here...
ImaPoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:35 PM   #269
Bueller OP
Cashin?

Oddometer: 17,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaPoser View Post
Ok you car dealer guys, what's the deal with getting a car from one dealer to another? Why is my local guy acting like it takes an act from god to get it from a dealer on the other side of town? Every dealer I talked to has said they can do it no problem, but when I go in to talk to them about it, they switch back to sell me something off the lot mode.
Should I just drive cross town and buy it there?
Are they trading another dealer for it, or buying it from another dealer? Sounds like it's reducing the profit margin for the dealer to trade, therefore they want to sell you something on the lot. Go to another dealer.

"bueller, you ARE an island of reason in a sea of bullshit" - quasigentrified
Bueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:01 PM   #270
ImaPoser
adventure imposter

Oddometer: 15,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
Are they trading another dealer for it, or buying it from another dealer? Sounds like it's reducing the profit margin for the dealer to trade, therefore they want to sell you something on the lot. Go to another dealer.
Hell if I know. How does it work when a dealer wants something from another dealers inventory? I'm running in to this on both the focus and jeep. Should I just say screw it, and go buy it where it sits?

Oh yeah, one of the jeep dealers who actually HAS a jeep I want quoted me $7K over MSRP for it because the color is discontinued and says the demand is so great for it.

Save 20% when you open your own smugmug account. Just go here...
ImaPoser is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: