ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Old's Cool > Airheads
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: I have been to the county of Fuckshire, it was ...
Nice? 29 13.18%
Nasty? 30 13.64%
Nasty but nice? 161 73.18%
Voters: 220. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-16-2013, 10:16 AM   #3706
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Oddometer: 3,905
Quote:
Originally Posted by richarddacat View Post
Some of those recent R bikes, especially the ones from Kevins Speed Shop have a slick solo speedo and headlight setup.
Does anyone have a quick US source for parts likes these?
Not me, but I imagine Kevils may perchance let you know what they use? If you find out do post the answer back here. While I generally go without clocks the shallow ones on the red/chrome tanked bike seem pleasant.

http://kevilsspeedshop.com/kevils/ Or their FB (if you use it) via @ https://www.facebook.com/kevilsspeedshop.kevils?fref=ts

Their FAQ says they don't supply parts or give away trade secrets, but they might be kind enough to give a hint about where the clocks are manufactured/sourced & if the supplier is US based or has a US distributor?, or maybe they might not... Without checking your profile I can only guess from your query I imagine that you're US based, so it's not like you'd pose a geographicalistic market crossover threat?

planktonnn screwed with this post 02-16-2013 at 11:14 AM Reason: To add a v to via.
planktonnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:37 AM   #3707
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Quote:
Originally Posted by planktonnn View Post
... a reluctance to start from cold. The first start of the day is reluctant to catch, and takes a whack out of the battery trying it till it catches. So Hmmmm on that one...
This is of course where the charging circuit failure became prominent as an issue, because the repeated cranking required to get it started sucked the battery down & it very quickly became apparent it wasn't getting filled up again. Again, I hate to tempt fate, which unceasingly has it in for me, so far it's running cleaner & charging still, but electrics has always been my weak point, along with fabrication, mechanicals, settings/calibration, paint/finish, & assembly.

The taking apart part I can do...
Old 02-16-2013, 11:11 AM   #3708
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

The Complaints Dept...

Tho/ough I can't say I unreservedly support the policies which underlay the wording of this official MFM form, I'm not on the relevant corporate panels here Martha Farquar Motosickles & so have little or no say, but tho/ough I may quibble with some of the terminology I support the general principle and you get the general idea, no?...
Old 02-16-2013, 03:46 PM   #3709
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

R1200GS clay rendition & concept art - http://www.twowheelsplus.com/2013/02/r-1200-gs.html
Old 02-17-2013, 12:36 PM   #3710
pjcr12
Stercus accidit

Oddometer: 801
Had this run up as a prototype corporate apparel solution.....it's based on something Bowie wore in the olden days, but I think it really says something important about the 21st century message of the Martha Farquar global brand. Also, I think the pinstripes are really cool.

pjcr12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:22 PM   #3711
rightsideup
Get your motor running...

Oddometer: 965
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjcr12 View Post
THAT looks ruddy brilliant! Sign me up for one immediately please.
rightsideup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:45 PM   #3712
jings
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 268
jings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:00 AM   #3713
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

I'm going to fucking set fire to that fucking thing.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:13 AM   #3714
Dirtyboydeadly
AKA. Shineyboydudley

Oddometer: 440
Laugh

Don't do that as I will have to come round with a bucket of water and rescue it.
Dirtyboydeadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:45 AM   #3715
Lornce
Lost In Place

Oddometer: 17,878
Quote:
Hit a bit of a wall, have we Planktonn.

DBD, be a good lad and run round to Planktonn's with a tea pot and multi-meter before he does som'mat rash.

Lornce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:56 AM   #3716
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=769910
Old 02-18-2013, 08:02 AM   #3717
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Quote:
Job done... Pushed it to the beach (94miles) & torched it. Some 'kind' passer by stifled the conflagration with sand...

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...php?p=19998061

planktonnn screwed with this post 02-18-2013 at 08:08 AM
Old 02-18-2013, 08:28 AM   #3718
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Quote:
Job done... Pushed it to the beach (94miles) & torched it. Some 'kind' passer by stifled the conflagration with sand...
My hamfisted builds, they don’t last. You see the plan had been to have a K75 + an Airhead and sequentially rebuild/ride them, so that I never had to buy another bike. Those of you acquainted with this bolg will know that this didn’t really work out and so I’m left with a K in bits minus various things, and an Airhead that doesn’t like to start from cold, even with a strong battery after a night of trickle charging. After the first start of the day it catches better, and now the charging circuit is ‘not yet broken again’* it at least recharges once it bites, but it just doesn’t like that first start of the day. Doesn’t really matter what time it is, except that I imagine if it had sat in the sun all day it might be slightly more cooperative late afternoon (tho/ough because most times I’ve needed to start it have been earlier in the morn i.e. 9am), but then if the first start is after any residual-daytime-sun-induced-‘not cold’ sort of heat it also won’t catch, same as 9am. I can’t help but think the issue is related to both electrics & carb, combined. I would illuminate further yet it simply seems most apt just to say piss bollocks piss shit fuck.

* I naturally hesitate to say ‘fixed’

planktonnn screwed with this post 02-18-2013 at 09:22 AM
Old 02-18-2013, 08:33 AM   #3719
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjcr12 View Post
Will not the sidebulge impact on general fueleconomatics pushing the price of a ride beyond reasonable reach. Plus there'll be an impact on lane filtering functionality impeding ones potential progress = slow journeys with high running costs.

I don't remember signing off on this.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:34 AM   #3720
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtyboydeadly View Post
Don't do that as I will have to come round with a bucket of water and rescue it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lornce View Post
Hit a bit of a wall, have we Planktonn.

DBD, be a good lad and run round to Planktonn's with a tea pot and multi-meter before he does som'mat rash.

Grrrrr, akk, narrrr phooahhhhh etc.