Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2013, 05:00 PM   #31
GodSilla
I did that.

Oddometer: 7,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young-gun-640 View Post
I just bought myself a second-hand GPSMap60 .... yet to try it out... are any of you frustrated 60C/CSx owners considering getting rid of yours? I'm interested in purchasing your handlebar mount
The Touratech locking mount is the duck's nuts for one of those. Around $170 new, from memory, the odd one surfaces second-hand but they go real quick.

And no, Im not sick of mine, thanks for asking. It's a great unit.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:32 PM   #32
gavo
Slacker

Oddometer: 1,591
Quote:
I just bought myself a second-hand GPSMap60 .... yet to try it out... are any of you frustrated 60C/CSx owners considering getting rid of yours? I'm interested in purchasing your handlebar mount
Try here http://www.ja-gps.com.au/RAM-Mounts/RAM-Unit-Holder
gavo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:53 PM   #33
The Bigfella OP
Big Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,096
I received another Montana 650t from Garmin today. No explanation, just a photocopied sheet with the serial number written on it. Hopefully it will be third time lucky.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:20 AM   #34
Sleepy John
Grumpy Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,569
Quote:
http://www.ram-mount.com.au/

Reasonably priced
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
Sleepy John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:08 PM   #35
desert dog
scrub basher

Oddometer: 997
Quote:

I get all my stuff from "port lincoln Boat Supplies" they are a Garmin marine dealership, stock all thier products and so have more clout when it comes to sevice etc.

I have the handle bar mount and cradle about $30.00 rock solid and easy to remove and tested over offroad and bush bashing on the KLR650.
I all so have the marine dash mount on the boat.

any good marine shop selling Garmin stuff can help ya. heres the garmin link then click on acc.

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=224&ra=true

cheers matty
desert dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:38 PM   #36
Beer'o'clock Baz
?

Oddometer: 1,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bigfella View Post
I received another Montana 650t from Garmin today. No explanation, just a photocopied sheet with the serial number written on it. Hopefully it will be third time lucky.
Im waiting for my second refurbished to come in - the montana is very much like my 690 when there going there the ducks but bloomin harry theres always something going wrong with them - im dreading the day the warranty's run out on both of them
Old 02-16-2013, 11:31 PM   #37
The Bigfella OP
Big Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by B2 View Post
Im waiting for my second refurbished to come in - the montana is very much like my 690 when there going there the ducks but bloomin harry theres always something going wrong with them - im dreading the day the warranty's run out on both of them
Yeah, this is a refurb unit. Different colour to the last one. Screen seems a bit less sensitive. I doubt they'll talk to me again... I think June will be my two years, although I've not used it the whole time
Old 02-17-2013, 12:50 AM   #38
Chop Chop
Hector erector

Oddometer: 1,526
When the montana was released in the US, they had a lot of problems. Don't seem to hear about it as much now. I wonder if the Aus stock is some of the first batch to come out.
Old 02-17-2013, 12:57 AM   #39
Beer'o'clock Baz
?

Oddometer: 1,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chop Chop View Post
When the montana was released in the US, they had a lot of problems. Don't seem to hear about it as much now. I wonder if the Aus stock is some of the first batch to come out.
Ive bought a zumo 660 , picking it up when my montana gets in on tuesday {fingers crossed } cant trust the montana on the road bike bloomin sends ya to some weird ass places only good for following tracks and taking pictures, when it does work ;-]
Old 02-17-2013, 01:10 AM   #40
Chop Chop
Hector erector

Oddometer: 1,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by B2 View Post
Ive bought a zumo 660 , picking it up when my montana gets in on tuesday {fingers crossed } cant trust the montana on the road bike bloomin sends ya to some weird ass places only good for following tracks and taking pictures, when it does work ;-]
Not having used one, and only going off what El Ponkin has told me. Have you set the profiles and route calculation up for road use only?

I would like the montana 600, but only available OS. Also a new oregon 600 series will be out in a month or so in the US.

I have had the 62s for a long while now with no issues at all.
Old 02-17-2013, 04:57 AM   #41
Cruz
Lost but laughing.

Oddometer: 5,488
The Oregon screen is too small, might be okay for youngins with good eyes.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, “You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.”

George Carlin
Cruz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:21 PM   #42
loxsmith
Good ol days my arse

Oddometer: 364
If you want to contact Garmin NON Support you need to ring them at 8.30am otherwise you'll be on hold for hours
Old 02-18-2013, 01:18 AM   #43
duncanmac
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 197
Has Garmin Gone Bankrupt?

Today I called Garmin Australia twice, in order to complain about their execrable Navteq Australian maps While they appear to be accurate, the 'fastest routing' is worse than pathetic.

Anyhow, I was on hold for a total of fifty minutes, hanging up in frustration in both instances. Adding insult to injury was the rather grating recoding played every few minutes which assured me that my call was important to them and that someone would be with me soon.

As no one ever did answer the phone, I am wondering if they have gone bankrupt and out of business. With customer service like that they jolly well deserve to fail! Tomtom is also bad, but in my experience they are streets ahead of Garmin. (Oh look, a pun! )

I have emailed Garmin and will see if I get a reply. Because I have asked for a refund, I will probably not. In that case, they will hear from my friend who is a lawyer and a bike rider as well.
duncanmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:23 AM   #44
PBee

Oddometer: 7,636
Hence the title of the thread.

Their service is woeful.

QUORN SCHNITZEL CLUBEst 2011
When in the FLINDERS RANGES SA stay at the ANGORICHINA Village

PBee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:00 AM   #45
Andy_P
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_P View Post
RE the 4 month warantee when you still have 12 months on the original unit. I am pretty sure they cant do that. One of my staff is married to a lawyer, so I will ask the question. Going to be in kiwi land for the next couple of weeks, so dont expect and answer soon though.
Ok, the initial consensus is they have to honor the original warranty under Australian Consumer Law. However I am still waiting on a formal legal opinion. Of course in typical lawyer speak (from two different lawyers so far) the answer is never yes or no!