Big hole

sidetrack one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:00 AM   #2463
UncleGra
CRASHING BORE

Oddometer: 2,811
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidetrack one View Post
Nah, not really,very limited access to the ones you can get into, no good for a big unit like me!
I liked the big hole, it was..............well.................a big hole!
The lyre birds down the bottomn had me intrigued, how do they get out, didnt think they could fly straight up

Never seen one fly...they often run across the road in front of you winter time going up to the snow..

Thanks for the pic Bob..something to see next time we go and visit Donks..
Old 02-14-2013, 02:28 AM   #2464
dobbo
dirt dog

Oddometer: 949
Gra,

Wyanbene cave is an excellent system to go caving in, I believe it is one of the longest in Oz.

Did some caving there around 5 years ago, spent around 8 Hours underground. Some really tight squeezes and some underground creek systems that require you to crawl through (maybe impassable in the winter months?)

The Entry is gated/locked (from memory it was a combination lock type thing) and requires a permit to enter; issue by the NPWS Braidwood.

Only one group is allowed in the system at one time. And I believe they will only issue the permit if your group has an experience caver and someone that has done the system before. I know the emergency services use this system to conduct 'Cave Rescue training'.
dobbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:46 AM   #2465
UncleGra
CRASHING BORE

Thanks Dobbo....I've been in Bungonia caves..not really my thing but its good to have a bit of a peek..
Old 02-17-2013, 02:33 PM   #2466
tripodtiger OP
I used to be SCRay

Oddometer: 4,628
Reckon we need an index of places and road to visit. So many places and so little opportunity to connect them. There is a heap of info and there are probably websites devoted to such stuff, and there are websites with routes etc.
Just thinking out loud.
Still waiting for RD pistons from the US.
Now waiting for XS fuel taps, for the XS. In fact they are SR500/XS650 taps, but I've fitted an SR tap to the XS. Onkly issue will be that 'off' will be in different directions. I've finally given up on the vacuum taps, they are just leaking and I reckon the risk of fuel running past the needles & seats is too significant in the long run. So the ability to turn the fuel off is worth the hassle of remembering which direction. Geez I hope they fit.

I've got to take a run to Albury this week - return some pistons for exchange - turning the 250LC pistons I got into 350LC pistons I can use. Plus order other RD parts.

I'll let ewes know, maybe we can have lunch and put shit on each other. That's always fun.

http://tripodtiger.smugmug.com/
tripodtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:47 PM   #2467
UncleGra
CRASHING BORE

Well if you time it right ,you might get to see what makes the LC$ tick..I saw the exploded version on Satdy...in a sad pile on the bench...counter sprocket shaft too far gone to put back in...cylinder bore is good...piston is ok for another 10000 but will be replaced ...major problem getting the swing arm bolt out ...I was lucky to get back home from Numeralla...I had done the valves just prior..obviously I didnt tighten correctly something, cause one of the valve lock nuts came off and was found inside the engine......could have been catastrofik...plus all bearings will be replaced as well...they'll do the carby too...oh and the clutch plates had a little bit of meat left but not much...anyway It will be lined up on the bench for a foto shoot either today or tomorrow...

edit ...the gears are all good..
Old 02-17-2013, 04:01 PM   #2468
tripodtiger OP
I used to be SCRay

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleGra View Post
Well if you time it right ,you might get to see what makes the LC$ tick..I saw the exploded version on Satdy...in a sad pile on the bench...counter sprocket shaft too far gone to put back in...cylinder bore is good...piston is ok for another 10000 but will be replaced ...major problem getting the swing arm bolt out ...I was lucky to get back home from Numeralla...I had done the valves just prior..obviously I didnt tighten correctly something, cause one of the valve lock nuts came off and was found inside the engine......could have been catastrofik...plus all bearings will be replaced as well...they'll do the carby too...oh and the clutch plates had a little bit of meat left but not much...anyway It will be lined up on the bench for a foto shoot either today or tomorrow...

edit ...the gears are all good..
Do the clutch springs too, whilst it is apart.

You must've ridden it in rain to get the swing arm bound up, we all know you hate water crossing.

Old 02-17-2013, 04:23 PM   #2469
UncleGra
CRASHING BORE

Yep ..everything that needs doing will be done...I tried to get the swing arm bolt out when the bike was probly 2/3 yrs old ..couldnt budge it..so I left it for a time when there was no choice but to get it out..isnt that called just in time management..KTM reckons it wasnt greased propery in the first place..

I knew the counter sprocket shaft was well worn...not cheap either..
Old 02-17-2013, 04:28 PM   #2470
UncleGra
CRASHING BORE

I'll come into town on that other thing...Cherry Pesto for lunch eh...you'll still pay full price...so will I......chip off the ol' block..
Old 02-17-2013, 04:33 PM   #2471
BergDonk
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,115
Quote:
Yep ..everything that needs doing will be done...I tried to get the swing arm bolt out when the bike was probly 2/3 yrs old ..couldnt budge it..so I left it for a time when there was no choice but to get it out..isnt that called just in time management..KTM reckons it wasnt greased propery in the first place..

I knew the counter sprocket shaft was well worn...not cheap either..
My first Berg in '98 at 6 months old needed a sledge hammer and a solid wall and tube to remove the swingarm pivot. Falls out easy since with some lube.

You need to dismantle the DR soonish too and lube all the linkages and wheel bearings and stuff before it all seizes up.
Old 02-17-2013, 04:38 PM   #2472
UncleGra
CRASHING BORE

You watching KEEEF... my grandson's creation...I know you have an aversion to wine and an affinity for fish...maybe you could give it a title...

Old 02-17-2013, 05:11 PM   #2473
UncleGra
CRASHING BORE

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergDonk View Post
My first Berg in '98 at 6 months old needed a sledge hammer and a solid wall and tube to remove the swingarm pivot. Falls out easy since with some lube.

You need to dismantle the DR soonish too and lube all the linkages and wheel bearings and stuff before it all seizes up.
Gday Donks...aready started...taken the pillion pegs off cause they rattle like buggery..put a copper washer from KTM sump plug in between footstand mounting to stop it rattling like buggery...and put a bit more hook in the return spring to stop it rattling like buggery...now to work out how top stop the chain from rattling like buggery
Old 02-17-2013, 05:39 PM   #2474
BergDonk
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,115
Quote:
y...now to work out how top stop the chain from rattling like buggery
Put the rollers back in and beef up the top one like I did.

Old 02-18-2013, 04:30 PM   #2475
tripodtiger OP
I used to be SCRay

Angle Crossing. Dobbo, Dobbo, Dobbo...