Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2013, 05:54 PM   #1351
mdubya
Right Brigade

Oddometer: 7,219
Ducati release an extraordinarily ambiguous statement on the private test at Jerez with Andrea Ianonne and Michele Pirro.

I guess we will have to wait for the next Sepang test to see if it made any difference at all.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/m...201559194.html
Old 02-17-2013, 06:43 PM   #1352
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by yooperbikemike View Post
I'm really surprised by this. I got the impression he barely hung onto his seat last year as to why he was late to re-sign and while I know he was running Showa stuff he didn't come off to me as overly impressive. I figured that seat would go to either one of the top moto2 riders or Hayden or some Italian. I guess it's two more years of Flock of Seagulls.
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:21 PM   #1353
wbedient
MoTard

Oddometer: 1,241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kropotkin View Post
Winning in MotoGP once you're past 30 is hard.
I think you could leave the "once you're past 30" part out

2008 KTM 690 Enduro
My Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/wbedient#g/u
wbedient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:38 PM   #1354
ErikY.
Here, Now.

Oddometer: 2,397
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
I guess it's two more years of Flock of Seagulls.
ErikY. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:47 PM   #1355
Joe
Debaser

Oddometer: 1,726
1. Marquez
2. Pedro
3. Rossi
4. JLo

I am betting that extra year in Moto2 is going to start to pay dividends. I think he has the speed of JLo/Pedro with the nerve and confidence of VR.

Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:09 PM   #1356
advNZer?
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,809
pedro
Jlo
Rossi
MM
Bradl
Crutchlow
Bautista
Dovi for best duc

i reckon the honda are gonna be good out of the box,unlike last year,and the way things go the yamahas have lost a little something.Jlo will resist VR with all his might,but they will tak points of each other.If the start mixing it Dani may benifit,and they better not try mixing with the boy.I also predict MM will get some penalty points(is that in this year?)
Old 02-17-2013, 11:13 PM   #1357
advNZer?
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,809
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
I'm really surprised by this. I got the impression he barely hung onto his seat last year as to why he was late to re-sign and while I know he was running Showa stuff he didn't come off to me as overly impressive. I figured that seat would go to either one of the top moto2 riders or Hayden or some Italian. I guess it's two more years of Flock of Seagulls.
he is one of the fastest out there but i dont think he is that good at setting up his bike,and he a)doesnt have a team mate to help him b) Have Ohlins to advise him,and no comparable suspension data to compare with
Old 02-17-2013, 11:21 PM   #1358
Tripped1
Likely Lost.

Oddometer: 7,769
Quote:
Originally Posted by cogitate View Post
My thoughts.

Rossi
Jlo
Dani
MM

Why: I don't think rossi lost his racecraft in two years. He didn't push the ducati because he knew the bike couldn't turn. Jlo is more consistent than most, but rarely delivers stand in the bleachers demonstrations of racecraft like rossi has. Agreed, rossi did this in the past but I would bet he still got it. Dani will be fast., consistent, but tends to have an issue or two that keeps a few points away. MM will win races, wow us, won't get the championship this year.
Do we have to post that video from Catalonia again? I think its going to depend on if Rossi says fuck it and goes balls deep or just tries to ride. Jlo will beat him (and possibly Dani) if he's out there playing it safe. If pissed off Vale is on the grid this year, its on.

I'm going to....

Jlo
Rossi
Pedrobot
Crutchlow
Markiemark
Tripped1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:40 PM   #1359
cogitate
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,959
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripped1 View Post
Do we have to post that video from Catalonia again? I think its going to depend on if Rossi says fuck it and goes balls deep or just tries to ride. Jlo will beat him (and possibly Dani) if he's out there playing it safe. If pissed off Vale is on the grid this year, its on.

I'm going to....

Jlo
Rossi
Pedrobot
Crutchlow
Markiemark
Sure, you can post the video from Catalunya

Also remember what, Motegi in 2010 where Rossi and Jlo were banging fairings for what, third place? After his broken leg?
I will bet Rossi is that hungry

And he is well. And he has a bike that is competitive and turns. He is a racer, through and through. If he wasn't, he would have hung up his leathers.

"The Howtostretch Handbook", a guide to stretching, free download
cogitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:11 AM   #1360
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
I am betting that extra year in Moto2 is going to start to pay dividends. I think he has the speed of JLo/Pedro with the nerve and confidence of VR.
So MM will be straight away better than the two current “aliens”, and a 9-time world champion.. (means that he´s basically expected to do just like Stoner on his prime, but unlike Stoner, do this while he´s a rookie in the top class)?

Yeah he´s definitely shown some truly extraordinary talent in the smaller classes, that´s why he got the most wanted seat in MotoGP. And I´m sure he´ll do well, and spice up the action on the track nicely, just what the top class needs. But if he takes the title this year, then he´ll do something that not even Rossi, Lorenzo or Stoner could do. They all needed at least one learning year.
Pecha72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:48 AM   #1361
BOOTLACE
Bikie Scum.

Oddometer: 3,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kropotkin View Post
WSBK is an old man's game. MotoGP is a young man's game. Winning in MotoGP once you're past 30 is hard.
Man! Thats a bit harsh! Waving flags tday at WSBK testing, and #21 went past! Got excited for a minute! (And yes, it was red...)
Old 02-18-2013, 04:08 AM   #1362
BOOTLACE
Bikie Scum.

Oddometer: 3,841
OK, my turn.....

1. Rosie...(Never right off a Champion. And he IS)
2.Ped. (Again)
3.George (Sumpns gunna happen..)
4.Dovie (So there!)
5.Cruthclow (Cause he can)
Old 02-18-2013, 05:11 AM   #1363
Kropotkin
Big Girl's Blouse

Oddometer: 7,185
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOTLACE View Post
Man! Thats a bit harsh! Waving flags tday at WSBK testing, and #21 went past! Got excited for a minute! (And yes, it was red...)
Harsh but true. Hard enough winning in MotoGP when you're 27. Damn near impossible at 34.

The contrast with WSBK is pretty interesting. A lot of older winners there, not just Checa and Biaggi, but also Bayliss (of course), Raymond Roche, Doug Polen, Fogarty (29 when he got the first of his 4 titles), Corser's 2nd title, Hodgson (30 when he won his first). All 30 and up. Without going through the full list of MotoGP champs, most of them were under 30 when they won.
Kropotkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:18 AM   #1364
Joe
Debaser

Oddometer: 1,726
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pecha72 View Post
So MM will be straight away better than the two current “aliens”, and a 9-time world champion.. (means that he´s basically expected to do just like Stoner on his prime, but unlike Stoner, do this while he´s a rookie in the top class)?

Yeah he´s definitely shown some truly extraordinary talent in the smaller classes, that´s why he got the most wanted seat in MotoGP. And I´m sure he´ll do well, and spice up the action on the track nicely, just what the top class needs. But if he takes the title this year, then he´ll do something that not even Rossi, Lorenzo or Stoner could do. They all needed at least one learning year.

If VR was 25 my list would look different, and I would love to see Valentino win another. I just think that when MM gets near the front (and he will) there will be very little that can keep him from the win, much like a young VR.

Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:01 PM   #1365
DC2wheels
Castle Anthrax troll

Oddometer: 2,438
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOTLACE View Post
OK, my turn.....

1. Rosie...(Never right off a Champion. And he IS)
2.Ped. (Again)
3.George (Sumpns gunna happen..)
4.Dovie (So there!)
5.Cruthclow (Cause he can)
Dovi in 4th? Ok, ok, I can see this. But all the current circuits need to be abandoned and all the bikes race from an open cargo plane door. First one that hits the ground wins!

Wait a minute- revise the top 4 standings- 1 thru 4....all Ducatis.

Just funnin' ya'

Would actually be GREAT if the GP13 finished the year top 5 or better
http://k11og.org/forum/index.php world-wide K bike forum

DC2wheels is offline   Reply With Quote