Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-18-2013, 07:49 AM   #1
65bellett OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Enfield Bullet 350 Sidecar Build

O.k guys I will start this thread with an admission "I am a masochist who enjoys riding a small capacity old fashioned bike as far and as wide as I can". My 350 Bullet has been a long term project and I think I have finally got it to the point where it is a reliable and fun form of transport so it must be time to whack a Hack on it

My plan at this stage is to build a light weight hack that will allow me to take my kids for a ride (1 at a time) as they are not legally allowed on the back of the bike until they are 8 years old and will also allow me to carry all of the necessities (and a few luxuries) on those longer trips. I understand that power will be a big issue with this outfit but my 350 is a long way from standard and as the Bullet was built for over 60 years there are a lot of larger engine choices if the bug bites and I want to go a bit faster.

So far I have had a bit of a play on the computer and made a bit of noise out in the shed and come up with a bit of a plan of what I want to do. All of the RHS I am using at the moment is 30mm x 30mm x 3mm. This material is fairly heavy but it is relatively cheap strong, and easy to work with.

I am very new to this sidecar building business and at this stage I am pretty much working it all out as I am going along. I have spent hours and hours going through the different build threads on here and have found them really helpful. I look forward to getting all of the answers to all of the difficult questions from you guys in the coming weeks and I also really want to hear your suggestions for the build.
65bellett is offline   Reply With Quote