Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2013, 06:23 AM   #16
Strong Bad
n00balicious

Oddometer: 3,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryShawn View Post
ay dios mio, this thread is about the race, not the rumors about the race, or the eternal cage v. handlebar conundrum
viva baja!
"Rumor" confirmed.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:12 AM   #17
frog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,738
Is that what the 250 normally costs for pro and sportsman bike entries? Seems a little high, sportsman is the same as the loop 1000 in 08.
frog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:57 AM   #18
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

Oddometer: 6,100
Next will be bikes on different day nullfying the chance for bikes to be a overall winner... or asterisk
Thanks for the 2014 support:BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Renazco Racing, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , motolab , Tripy GPS, Loctite and Dunlop tires .
wrk2surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:02 AM   #19
Baja Dad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by frog View Post
Is that what the 250 normally costs for pro and sportsman bike entries? Seems a little high, sportsman is the same as the loop 1000 in 08.
That is down a little for the Pro class.
and I have No idea the cost for sportsman
Old 02-18-2013, 11:03 AM   #20
Strong Bad
n00balicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrk2surf View Post
Next will be bikes on different day nullfying the chance for bikes to be a overall winner... or asterisk
Roger Norman has already said that he would do exactly this if he could get a "Title Sponsor" with an extra $10K per event to pay for the expenses.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:58 PM   #21
Erek Kudla
Adventurer

Oddometer: 39
Racing Baja... My first time at the 250, 7th trip to the races, and stoked that its mostly new course.

Very excited to be part of the new management and series! Its going to be great!

"I dont wear a lot of hats... I wear a sombrero"
Erek Kudla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:00 PM   #22
B1KSOLO
1 down 4 up right?

Oddometer: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strong Bad View Post
Roger Norman has already said that he would do exactly this if he could get a "Title Sponsor" with an extra $10K per event to pay for the expenses.
SB, so will the bikes go first or 2nd ? if the bike go 2nd there no way they can beat the Trucks, the trucks totally destroy the course and I'm sure the truck would be faster not having to dodge two wheelers the whole way
B1KSOLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:30 PM   #23
roadracer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 331
Bikes on day 1, cars on day 2 would be great, no? So much safer and the course might be nicer for the bikes...
roadracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:33 PM   #24
frog
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadracer View Post
Bikes on day 1, cars on day 2 would be great, no? So much safer and the course might be nicer for the bikes...
I don't think anyone would mind that. If it only takes 10k to make that happen add a couple hundred dollars to each entry and your there.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:39 PM   #25
Baja Dad
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadracer View Post
NO WAY !!!!!!!!!!

Same Day, Bikes start at first light.

Cars start 5 Hours after Last Bike ...............
Old 02-18-2013, 07:41 PM   #26
frog
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja Dad View Post
NO WAY !!!!!!!!!!

Same Day, Bikes start at first light.

Cars start 5 Hours after Last Bike ...............
So no different. Lol
Old 02-18-2013, 09:03 PM   #27
Strong Bad
n00balicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by frog View Post
So no different. Lol
For the San Flippy 2fiddy the bikes and the cars all race on the same day, bike start first. After Laguna Diablo, the Sportsman bikes will cross the mountains via a different canyon (thus a shorter race course) than the pro classes. IF you are racing in a PRO class there is NO difference.

Pre-running alone hacks the race course up. Word from locals is that seasonal rains have flattened out all of the washes. I too think that the average car speeds may kick up a bit due to the lack of "moving targets".

There is NO intention increase in entry fees to get the needed monies to cover the expenses of running the bikes on a different day. He is looking for someone/company (aka: Title Sponsor) to pay up front to cover the expenses. I know of one individual who was contacted to put up the money in the name of safety (wasn't happening).

The first year of the Trophy Truck class, we raced the Trophy Trucks the day before everyone else at the SF 250. It was boring as hell and was a complete flop. Back then every thing was completely different in that class, ALL of the Trophy Truck entries were "Factory" teams. Not until the following year did Jimmy Smith in the Ultra Wheels Trophy Truck become the first Privateer entry (that same "Truck" became the first Herbst Trophy Truck and now is the PCI/Fabtech Trophy Truck, I digress.......) Sorry PUI..
Old 02-18-2013, 09:04 PM   #28
Baja Dad
Beastly Adventurer

No reason to change , It has worked fine since 1969!

But then :
I guess they could let the Sportsman ride the day after the Race
Old 02-19-2013, 05:02 AM   #29
frog
Beastly Adventurer

Here we go again. sportsman vs pro.

Why not make it safer for everyone and give the four wheelers an open course. It doesn't matter if the bike they are passing calls themselves a pro they are still in danger and slowing a faster racer.

OP sorry to clog up your 250 thread with more truck/bike bullshit. Seems like every score thread turns into this. We should ALL just stfu, talking about it here does nothing except ruin good threads.

Have a good race and have fun.

frog screwed with this post 02-19-2013 at 09:59 AM
Old 02-19-2013, 08:06 AM   #30
Baja Dad
Beastly Adventurer

I am looking forward to the Race, We will be there running a pit ( I think pit 2 )
Will be going down the weekend before and riding to Bay of LA and then back up to San Felipe on Thursday
Good Luck to ALL Racers!