Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2013, 07:03 PM   #16
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight

Oddometer: 1,046
We've able to announce that the first bulk shipment is expected around the end of March, perhaps early April depending on the ocean freight schedule. We *strongly* suggest that you sign up for the Globescout newsletter (on ADVDepot.com) to be alerted to when pre-ordering opens, and to get a $100 off coupon for a kit in the first shipment.

Two Globescout factory provided images of the kit designed to fit directly to the R1200GS Adventure OEM rack:

Old 02-07-2013, 07:10 PM   #17
canyonbrewer
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Can these (ones posted tonite with exhaust cutout) be installed on a 1200gs? Read, not GSA?
canyonbrewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:43 PM   #18
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!

Oddometer: 48,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by canyonbrewer View Post
Can these (ones posted tonite with exhaust cutout) be installed on a 1200gs? Read, not GSA?
I would guess that they would, but only if you had the GSA mount! The standard GS uses a completely different mount from the factory.

Jim
JimVonBaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:11 AM   #19
canyonbrewer
n00b

Oddometer: 2
should have asked differently

2 questions this time:

1. will the adv mounts fit the standard 1200gs. Initial searches on the forums indicate yes, they will.

2. will this boxes fit the touratech mounts for the standard gs?

Thanks!

I joined the newsletter.

Jason
canyonbrewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:26 PM   #20
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight

Quote:
Originally Posted by canyonbrewer View Post
2 questions this time:

1. will the adv mounts fit the standard 1200gs. Initial searches on the forums indicate yes, they will.

2. will this boxes fit the touratech mounts for the standard gs?

Thanks!

I joined the newsletter.

Jason
1. Yes! If your motorcycle came with the mounting bits for the Vario, plastic cases, they would need to be removed first. Be warned though, the OEM mount is not inexpensive. Look here for the part numbers: http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?...41&hg=77&fg=42 Globescout does make an alternative, please call into the shop for details.

2. Yes! Just keep in mind that the kit designed for the OEM rack has a cutout, and TT ones do not. We also have kits that work with the Hepco Becker rack for the R1200GS as well, which have the added benefit of being able to quick discount when not in use.
Old 02-10-2013, 02:48 PM   #21
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight

Video Introduction:

Old 02-10-2013, 02:52 PM   #22
Hikertrash
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,589
Rob,

I'm getting a "This video is private" message when I click on it to play.

Hikertrash screwed with this post 02-10-2013 at 03:01 PM
Hikertrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:55 PM   #23
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikertrash View Post
Rob,

I'm getting a "This video is private" message when I click on it to play.
Sorry about that - I had to update the video. It's correct in the post now.
Old 02-10-2013, 04:37 PM   #24
twinrider
pass the catnip

Oddometer: 8,983
The panniers look great. Drum solo background "music" (being generous here ) is annoyingly intrusive, had to keep turning down the volume. Looking forward to seeing the dedicated S10 racks with a cutout so they fit as tightly as possible.
twinrider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:44 PM   #25
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinrider View Post
The panniers look great. Drum solo background "music" (being generous here ) is annoyingly intrusive, had to keep turning down the volume. Looking forward to seeing the dedicated S10 racks with a cutout so they fit as tightly as possible.
Thanks, I'll let my 'musician' friend know.

It's unlikely that a notched set will be available for the Super Tenere this year. We may however have something to fill that space. Stay tuned...
Old 02-11-2013, 12:54 PM   #26
north-of-normal
freedom

Oddometer: 6
with Happy Trail racks?

Have Happy Trial racks on 2010 F800GS. Should these bags be a straightforward mount? They look excellent and am interested.
north-of-normal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:20 PM   #27
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight

Quote:
Originally Posted by north-of-normal View Post
Have Happy Trial racks on 2010 F800GS. Should these bags be a straightforward mount? They look excellent and am interested.
I'm not super-familiar with the Happy Trails mounts. If they use a round tube, you should be A-OK with a drill-to-install set. Shoot me over some pictures and measurements (rob at motorcycleinsight dot com) and I'll do my best to help!
Old 02-12-2013, 06:56 AM   #28
Rick West
Function not Farkles

Oddometer: 1,222
Quote:
Originally Posted by F800 Rob View Post
It's unlikely that a notched set will be available for the Super Tenere this year.
Makes sense to manufacture your product for the more popular bikes like the GS models. If you can keep up to the demand for these bikes, then maybe offer the cut-out version for the less popular ones.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:17 PM   #29
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight

A quick update on the status of Globescout in North America - a first stocking order has been placed. It should take a few weeks to construct and a few weeks to get here on a boat.

We're finalizing pricing on them this week, and we'll be posting them this weekend. If you sign up for the newsletter, you'll be the first to get a heads up, and a coupon worth $100 off of a set from the first order!

Here are a few pictures of the R1200GS kit that attaches to the OEM Adventure luggage frame. Thanks Kris!

And here is a drilling video. We'll have kits that are pre-drilled, and drill-to-install:

Old 02-18-2013, 02:59 PM   #30
Unstable Rider
Beyond Thunderdome

Oddometer: 2,329
Those are some mighty fine looking cans. I do like the latch, lock and hinge set up as well as other features.

Can a guy get a pair without exhaust cutouts with no mounting hardware/undrilled?

And a top box, undrilled?

Curious what kind of prices. Nice stuff.
Unstable Rider is offline   Reply With Quote