Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2013, 10:23 AM   #1411
VitSports6
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBone View Post
Figured I'd throw up a picture. I'm sure I have a picture of a sleeping Serts around here somewhere, but this will do for now.
Great pic!
L O V E me some Rockies
Old 02-13-2013, 12:06 PM   #1412
Mr. GREEN
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by ff654 View Post
I installed the Leo Vince exhaust this morning. It took about 45 minutes, the biggest challenge was removing the stock exhaust. A little bit of persuasion with a hammer and a piece of maple and it was off. The Leo Vince slid right on with a perfect fit. Started it up, let idle for 15 minutes and took it for a ride. The power increase is quite noticeable and it sounds great - not to loud. For weight, the stock was 13.5 lbs and the Leo Vince was 6.5lbs. I would recommend this mod to your Sertao.
Then I am satisfied for you!
I am going to put that there:
http://www.remus.eu/1599882084511l-r...an-eg-abe.html
(but not at this price)
Mr. GREEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:17 PM   #1413
alskee750
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 517
TAT planning..

Anyone done the TAT on the Sertao? I'm taking the plunge in July picking it up around Boise City, OKC. Doing New Mexico/Colorado/Utah routes. Due to time restraints will be shipping bike back to the East Coast and flying back. Just wanted to know if anyone done it specifically on the Sert.

Cheers..
alskee750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:49 PM   #1414
ff654
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by slider162 View Post
Spent Saturday afternoon removing parts from my Sertao. Turns out that the dealer has three in the shop with the starting issue. One of them has 4 miles on it. The mechanic took it for a test ride and stalled it at a stop sign. It wouldn't start again. That happened while I was there. The service bulliten is important because it will prevent your cam from being scored. My cam shaft had to be replaced because of the scoring.
I just purchased a used 2012 Sertao with 2200miles on it. I have had no starting issues with it over the last 12 rides with probably 3 or 4 starts and stops each ride. Does this mean I do not have the starting issue? or is it possible it has not appeared yet? I'm thinking of callin the previous owner to see if it had it, and if so, had it been taken in for correction. Feedback from the "atarter issue people" would be appreciated.
ff654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:11 PM   #1415
kdennan
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 621
Quote:
Originally Posted by ff654 View Post
I installed the Leo Vince exhaust this morning. It took about 45 minutes, the biggest challenge was removing the stock exhaust. A little bit of persuasion with a hammer and a piece of maple and it was off. The Leo Vince slid right on with a perfect fit. Started it up, let idle for 15 minutes and took it for a ride. The power increase is quite noticeable and it sounds great - not to loud. For weight, the stock was 13.5 lbs and the Leo Vince was 6.5lbs. I would recommend this mod to your Sertao.

I'm sold! I can get it pretty fair from RevZilla. Once I manage to get the stock boat anchor off I'll be psyched to mount a tool tube in the empty spot. Where do I look for the tubes? And will the bike provide a easy place to mount it? I'm no backyard welder. Bolt-on is the way for me
I just found the Twisted Throttle tool tube. That'll work. Now how bout that mounting?
Thanks
kdennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:10 PM   #1416
africa twin
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdennan View Post
I'm sold! I can get it pretty fair from RevZilla. Once I manage to get the stock boat anchor off I'll be psyched to mount a tool tube in the empty spot. Where do I look for the tubes? And will the bike provide a easy place to mount it? I'm no backyard welder. Bolt-on is the way for me
I just found the Twisted Throttle tool tube. That'll work. Now how bout that mounting?
Thanks
Twisted throttle sells a very simple mount kit for the tool tube that works well on my Trax brackets
africa twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:47 AM   #1417
kdennan
Studly Adventurer

I have the wolfman side racks. Are Trax a rack?
Old 02-16-2013, 05:56 AM   #1418
fiep
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,939
parot mode:
adjustable front brake lever anyone?

mine is in the shop,
noise from the forks
enough noise for the BMW service rep to ride and listen
fiep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:57 AM   #1419
africa twin
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 183
Quote:
I have the wolfman side racks. Are Trax a rack?
Yes Trax is an aluminum pannier set similar to any of the others. The tool tube mount kit from twisted throttle is a universal type fit and I'm pretty sure it will mount up easily to most rack systems.
africa twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:28 AM   #1420
VitSports6
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiep View Post
parot mode:
adjustable front brake lever anyone?

mine is in the shop,
noise from the forks
enough noise for the BMW service rep to ride and listen
What kind of noise, Clunk, scratching, WooHooing?
Did you notice any functionality issues as well?
Best of luck!
Old 02-18-2013, 04:30 AM   #1421
kdennan
Studly Adventurer

Should I get the Touratech 300-0230 foam air filter to replace stocker? Not necessarily looking for more performance. Just wondering if one is better than the other in terms of servicing. I only ride dirt roads so dust isn't a terrible problem. At the most I'll be in some when following my buddy
Old 02-18-2013, 09:57 AM   #1422
Bronson1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 64
Thumbs down Touratech

I just think everyone should be aware that touratech does not seem to post bad reviews of products. It seem to only post ones that are postive. I recently added a comment simply pointing out a discrepancy in what bikes the nuvi 550/500 MvG lockable mount will fit and they did not post it under reviews.. By the way it will not work on our Sertao. I have heard from others that touratech only seems to post great reviews but it bothers me that we might not be getting the whole story when we relied on the reviews from this site.
Bronson1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:12 AM   #1423
kubiak
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,810
Quote:
Originally Posted by VitSports6 View Post
Great pic!
L O V E me some Rockies
super nice pic!
kubiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:17 AM   #1424
kdennan
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronson1 View Post
I just think everyone should be aware that touratech does not seem to post bad reviews of products. It seem to only post ones that are postive. I recently added a comment simply pointing out a discrepancy in what bikes the nuvi 550/500 MvG lockable mount will fit and they did not post it under reviews.. By the way it will not work on our Sertao. I have heard from others that touratech only seems to post great reviews but it bothers me that we might not be getting the whole story when we relied on the reviews from this site.

Thanks. I'll call them and verify that the Zumo 660 will fit
Old 02-18-2013, 06:17 PM   #1425
kdennan
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Thanks. I'll call them and verify that the Zumo 660 will fit

Talked with Touratech and they said that you have to buy the Adjustable Windshield Bracket, P/N 300-5330 for $98
Then you adjust the windshield up and out and you can easily remove the GPS. With the unit back in the dock you can then move the windshield back down into the stock position and, wallah!
I'm in!
So far I'm very impressed with TT. Every question I've asked has been answered right away and they have been truly helpful. And their stuff is really cool looking too:)