ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2013, 02:14 PM   #4171
exoff-roadgoat
Will ride for food

Oddometer: 4,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanantos View Post
Goat's girl has a HUGE ass!
And you aint even met my wife yet. I like em plump.
exoff-roadgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:50 PM   #4172
CharlieT
old school

Oddometer: 1,629
Quote:
Originally Posted by patj View Post
euro-snob?? can i be a pirate and a euro-snob at the same time? its good to be something...i guess. gotta keep track of these titles. i was informed i am not a real "biker" so we can scratch that one.

Well, lets see.....this group has let a old grey haired curmudgeon wearing a cut-off sleeve denim vest riding a goldwing hack ride with them before. SO whether they admit it or not, they have pretty loose standards of who on what , wearing what can ride with them. Like that song says, they all got friends in lowly places.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Checke...22319847810910
CharlieT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:58 PM   #4173
CharlieT
old school

Ok folks, feast your eyes on this baby. A vintage dual-sport adventure bike for sure.

One of the rarest bikes you will ever see. A 1970 Bridgestone (Rockford Motors) 100cc Taka. Just picked it up today. Starts first kick, can pop wheelies with my fat arse on it.....and it only has 228 miles on it!!

Old 02-18-2013, 03:40 PM   #4174
fastdadio
Still gettin faster

Oddometer: 1,823
[QUOTE=CharlieT;20754919]Ok folks, feast your eyes on this baby. A vintage dual-sport adventure bike for sure.

One of the rarest bikes you will ever see. A 1970 Bridgestone (Rockford Motors) 100cc Taka. Just picked it up today. Starts first kick, can pop wheelies with my fat arse on it.....and it only has 228 miles on it!![/QUOTE

Is it marking its spot, or were you really just that happy to be with it? More Charlie, keep'em coming! Loves me some vintage 2-smokin goodness!
fastdadio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:33 PM   #4175
exoff-roadgoat
Will ride for food

With the rotary valve induction and the pipe it looks a little like a Kawi Bushmaster. Do I spy a DS7 in the background?
Old 02-18-2013, 04:55 PM   #4176
CharlieT
old school

Nope not a DS7, but close. A '72 R5, the next year they were the RD350. I parked the little 100cc'er next to that badass 350 twin and it scared it so bad, it wet itself!!

Old 02-18-2013, 05:09 PM   #4177
CharlieT
old school

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastdadio View Post

More Charlie, keep'em coming! Loves me some vintage 2-smokin goodness!

Oh you want some 2-smokin' goodness??? We got plenty of that around the shop right now.

How about this:

1972 JDM Suzuki GT250, a direct descendent of the X6 Hustler. Upgraded wheels, freshened engine, just now fitting pipes to it that were made to the factory road race specs. Should be a little screamer that'll surprise a lot of bigger 4 strokes.

Or do you prefer a little FrankenBike from the Checkered Past Cycles House of Horrors:

1986 Honda ATC250R three-wheeler chassis. Rear suspension converted to that of a mid-'90s CBR600R. Front end modified to accept the front end from a Buell XB900. Tank is from a CB650 and the seat is from a TZ250. Just ordered a center exit tuned pipe for it. As it sits now.....196lbs. We estimate in the 250lb range when in street-legal form with that race built engine putting out around 55hp.

Smoke 'em if you got 'em, gents

Old 02-18-2013, 07:10 PM   #4178
wario
good bike cleaner...

Oddometer: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieT View Post
Oh you want some 2-smokin' goodness??? We got plenty of that around the shop right now.

How about this:

1972 JDM Suzuki GT250, a direct descendent of the X6 Hustler. Upgraded wheels, freshened engine, just now fitting pipes to it that were made to the factory road race specs. Should be a little screamer that'll surprise a lot of bigger 4 strokes.

Or do you prefer a little FrankenBike from the Checkered Past Cycles House of Horrors:

1986 Honda ATC250R three-wheeler chassis. Rear suspension converted to that of a mid-'90s CBR600R. Front end modified to accept the front end from a Buell XB900. Tank is from a CB650 and the seat is from a TZ250. Just ordered a center exit tuned pipe for it. As it sits now.....196lbs. We estimate in the 250lb range when in street-legal form with that race built engine putting out around 55hp.

Smoke 'em if you got 'em, gents

I need a smoke....
wario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:54 PM   #4179
two trackin fool
Scott

Oddometer: 1,185
On another note picked up my bike hauler :) Going to mount in a chock under the jumper seat frame so i can swap between the seats and hauling duties.

QUOTE]

I always wanted one .........
Old 02-19-2013, 04:43 AM   #4180
patj
Adventurer

Oddometer: 80
love the frankenbike....never wanted to do the daytona bikeweek, or sturgis, but if i had frankenbike i could do em. i see a big funfactor. 'look at me'.
patj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:02 AM   #4181
exoff-roadgoat
Will ride for food

By the looks of those bikes there must also be a thriving medicinal herb business in downtown Galesburg?...
Old 02-19-2013, 05:45 AM   #4182
CharlieT
old school

Quote:
Originally Posted by exoff-roadgoat View Post
By the looks of those bikes there must also be a thriving medicinal herb business in downtown Galesburg?...
Not at all................................but since I was born in the '50s and am livin' now I must have lived thru the '60's, though I remember little of it.

Old 02-19-2013, 09:56 AM   #4183
Geepn
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 134
Quote:
Well, lets see.....this group has let a old grey haired curmudgeon wearing a cut-off sleeve denim vest riding a goldwing hack ride with them before. SO whether they admit it or not, they have pretty loose standards of who on what , wearing what can ride with them. Like that song says, they all got friends in lowly places.
Umm.. Charlie it was us that were trying to increase our image being seen with you and the hack, you look the biker type while we are the wanta be's, even being seen with you at the truck stop and how you handle the waitress leaves us poor second class citizens in awe! (Of course Than and Deutschmark are exempt).
Old 02-19-2013, 10:07 AM   #4184
Dfrnt
Just pluggin' along

Oddometer: 928
Quote:
Not at all................................but since I was born in the '50s and am livin' now I must have lived thru the '60's, though I remember little of it.
Charlie, I might need to call on your expertise if it turns out that I bit off more than I can chew. Got it from this last weekend:

To this:

but no spark Will investigate further this weekend when it's warmer.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:49 PM   #4185
CharlieT
old school

Looks like an early, mid-'80s XS500...????