ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2013, 10:07 AM   #691
Cephus
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 103
It was great to meet all of you, and I look forward to another ride. Here are a couple of more pics from the ride.

A stitched panorama of the mine.

Cephus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:25 PM   #692
CrownRoyal
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 144
East Valley Riders? No Way! Finally! So when is the next meetup? I get off work at lunch time on Tuesdays so im going to go do some exploring tomorrow. Not sure where yet. If anyone wants go get ahold of me and meetup for a ride or to eat give me a call, 509-438-6736.

This was me exploring Sunday evening near the Apache Trail on my DRZ400E SuperMoto.

"Hold my whiskey and watch this"
CrownRoyalADV.wordpress.com
CrownRoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:10 PM   #693
cyberdos
Easy Bonus Loop

Oddometer: 27,434
Hangar Cafe

I don't know about AZ Ave and the 202 but on Cooper and the 202 there's a place called The Hangar Cafe which is pretty good and their breakfast is excellent. The place is small though so it can get crowded quick.

Address is:
1725 E Ryan Rd, Chandler, AZ 85286
Old 02-18-2013, 09:22 PM   #694
manybike
Omnipresent

Oddometer: 377
Do you allow new comers on your rides? (thinking the Mar/02 ride)
Riding a 650 Dakar. I have not done much single track or technical, mostly dirt road, gravel etc.

72 Yamaha 350 street 06 F650GS
07 Versys 08 WR250X ST1300
manybike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:59 PM   #695
cyberdos
Easy Bonus Loop

I'll try to make it. Saturdays usually suck for me but even if I don't go riding if you guys meet nearby I'll try and make it out.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:31 AM   #696
JayHawk
Grandpa to 3

Oddometer: 136
I had a blast last weekend and the next ride sounds like fun too. I'm down for the 2nd.

So, are any of you interested in a once or twice a month evening get together? My old CA group used to do this and between the beer, food, ride planning and tall tales it was a damn good time and a great way to meet people with common interests.

We also had tech days that covered various topics from maintenance to upgrades and farkles. I taught at some and learned a lot at others.

Whatcha all think
Old 02-22-2013, 02:35 PM   #697
James5150
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Yea I had a great time last weekend too and would be up for the 2nd. Is anyone riding this weekend?
James5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:39 PM   #698
cyberdos
Easy Bonus Loop

I was going to go ride up at lake pleasant with Eddy but he cancelled. I'm up for a ride on Sunday. You guys interested in checking out Bulldog Canyon? I haven't been in a while. It's moderate to tough riding in some spots but not too much. I did it on a DR650 last time.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:42 PM   #699
cyberdos
Easy Bonus Loop

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayHawk View Post
I had a blast last weekend and the next ride sounds like fun too. I'm down for the 2nd.

So, are any of you interested in a once or twice a month evening get together? My old CA group used to do this and between the beer, food, ride planning and tall tales it was a damn good time and a great way to meet people with common interests.

We also had tech days that covered various topics from maintenance to upgrades and farkles. I taught at some and learned a lot at others.

Whatcha all think
I'd be interested in something like this. Of course my garage is always open for anyone to tool around. I may not have the best tools but I've got ductape, a hammer and a screwdriver. What could possibly go wrong?
Old 02-22-2013, 05:52 PM   #700
IBRiding
Forever Grateful

Oddometer: 602
JayHawk,

Great idea on the tech days and would definitely be in. I will be ready for a new rear tire soon.

Cyberdos,

I would love to ride some single track but will need another week before I am released for heavy lifting and if I am riding single track I know there will be lots of picking up the DR.

Hopefully someone will take you up on the offer for Sunday and let me know if you wouldn't mind showing this noob some trails in the future.

Looking forward to next Saturday

Bill
IBRiding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 05:58 PM   #701
James5150
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdos View Post
I was going to go ride up at lake pleasant with Eddy but he cancelled. I'm up for a ride on Sunday. You guys interested in checking out Bulldog Canyon? I haven't been in a while. It's moderate to tough riding in some spots but not too much. I did it on a DR650 last time.
I'm always up for a place I have never been. I will check with the klr crew if they up to it.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:30 AM   #702
James5150
Adventurer

No one is up for bulldog. Too tough I guess and seem to think you need a land permit and ohv sticker.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:11 AM   #703
cyberdos
Easy Bonus Loop

Quote:
Originally Posted by James5150 View Post
No one is up for bulldog. Too tough I guess and seem to think you need a land permit and ohv sticker.
You need a permit to enter the area which can be acquired by visiting Tonto National Forest website. You also do need an OHV sticker. You guys don't have OHV stickers?

It's a little tough at spots but I did it on my DR650 a bunch of times.

I was invited to do some riding at Rolls so I'll be headed that way. Gotta shake the rust off since I haven't done any real riding in a while.
Old 02-23-2013, 02:16 PM   #704
seabee1
we build, we fight

Oddometer: 2,478
Quote:

I was invited to do some riding at Rolls so I'll be headed that way. Gotta shake the rust off since I haven't done any real riding in a while.
You and me both! I haven't really ridden since the H@M event in payson!

www.dehmotorcycle.com
Motorcycle storage with a personal touch
seabee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:04 PM   #705
azredline
Wobbly Adventurer

Oddometer: 536
Quote:
You need a permit to enter the area which can be acquired by visiting Tonto National Forest website. You also do need an OHV sticker. You guys don't have OHV stickers?

It's a little tough at spots but I did it on my DR650 a bunch of times.

We'll have to put together that Bulldog ride Cyberdos. I have never been there and would like to check it out. I think we talked about that before, but I still haven't been out there.