Old 02-15-2013, 09:24 PM   #451
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by koraed77 View Post
Hi Matteo,

This is Peter.
Could you please help me to choose a jacket with great ventilation but also with the good abrasion resistance.

I realize that Ergo 365 is the best for now in terms of abrasion, tear & etc. resistance and it's even CE 13395 certified.
But I really like the Netforce which has more ventilation features and will be really cool in hot Moscow weather. And as far as I understand it has Tenax reinforcements in impact areas.

I'd like to find out more about this tenax fabric. Is it possible to see any test results on abrasion resistance for Tenax?

Is it possible to compare Netforce to Step-In Ride Jacket for abrasion resistance? Especially in impact areas? Leather vs Tenax?

And the last question - do you think that Hard Track will be more abrasion resistant than Netforce? WHat about ventilation? Is it as good as in Ergo 365?

Look forward to hearing from you.
Thanks!

Peter, you put so many points to compare, it's better for me to give you a ranking in terms of abrasion resistance, top to bottom:
1. Ergo 365 Pro (Certified Level 2)
2. Sep in ride
3. Hard track
4. Netforce

Level of ventilation, top to bottom:
1.Netforce
2. Ergo 365 Pro
3. Hard Track
4. Step in ride

Thanks for your interest

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

To stay updated over Spidi new products, like! > http://www.facebook.com/spidisport

Spidi is creator of Ergo Jacket.

Visit us here.
Spidi - on track is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:27 AM   #452
koraed77
Traveller

Oddometer: 3
Hi Matteo,

Thanks a lot for all this information!
I was at the Moscow Dealer and looked at the jackets. I already have Vertigo air boots and I like a lot. Now I'm thinking about a Spidi jacket. Unfortunately they only had one big size of Ergo Expedition no Ergo pro. And after all the reviews and your advice I think that Ergo pro would be the best option for the combination of the best abrasion resistance and good ventilation. I'll be in LA at the end of the month and I hope to find the Ergo there.
Do you know of any big MOTO stores in LA where I can definitely find this jacket?

Again, thanks a lot for your help.

Peter
koraed77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:03 AM   #453
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Hi Peter,
the best solution is the use our store locator available here: http://www.spidi.com/eu/eu_en/storelocator

Hope you'll enjoy your ERGO on amazing trips.

Thanks for your interest

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

To stay updated over Spidi new products, like! > http://www.facebook.com/spidisport

Visit us here.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:39 AM   #454
Hrimfaxi
On/Off n00b

Oddometer: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidi - on track View Post
Dear Isk,

let me know which city you're located in.
I'll try to find a dealer that stocks Ergo 365 Pro and eventually we'll organize a delivery for you to try the jacket, no problem at all.

Thanks for your attention.

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy
Any idea where in Denmark I can try out the Ergo 365? The only dealer in Denmark (listed from your "Store-Locator) is NOT responding on mail, is on the far side of Denmark (from Copenhagen) and does not seem to carry anything else than bikes - no clothing on their website.
Would like to try the size out before I spend 999 Euro on a jacket :)

Best regards

Peter Kier
Garmin Zm 660
Hrimfaxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:33 AM   #455
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Hi Peter,
if you give me your email on a PM, I can send you a size chart to be filled with your measures. This way I can have a check and communicate you the best size choice for your body.

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

Visit us here.
Old 02-22-2013, 03:06 AM   #456
koraed77
Traveller

Oddometer: 3
Spidi Ergo 365 Pro Question

Hi Matteo,

That's Peter again. Could you please tell me if it's possible to buy just an Ergo 365 Pro jacket in Ice color - without pants? I mean on the Spidi website when I open The Ergo Pro Jacket the only color choice is black. And the ice version could be found only if you choose to buy a suit...but I'd love to buy only the jacket so far...and in light color. Do you think it's possible?
Thank you.

Peter
koraed77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:16 AM   #457
JiTe
Flying Finn

Oddometer: 19
Another question to Matteo, this time from Finland.
I'm interested of your Hard Track suit. My questions are: do those trouser legs fit over boots since i dont like to wear them inside my boots and have rainwater going in. Same with sleeves, will they fit over gloves and does that material keep its shape after couple of months? Dont want it to start to flap around since there is no straps or anything to tighten them around your wrist. Cheers.
JiTe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:15 AM   #458
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by koraed77 View Post
Hi Matteo,

That's Peter again. Could you please tell me if it's possible to buy just an Ergo 365 Pro jacket in Ice color - without pants? I mean on the Spidi website when I open The Ergo Pro Jacket the only color choice is black. And the ice version could be found only if you choose to buy a suit...but I'd love to buy only the jacket so far...and in light color. Do you think it's possible?
Thank you.

Peter
PM sent

Visit us here.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:39 AM   #459
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Spidi Hard Track Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiTe View Post
Another question to Matteo, this time from Finland.
I'm interested of your Hard Track suit. My questions are: do those trouser legs fit over boots since i dont like to wear them inside my boots and have rainwater going in. Same with sleeves, will they fit over gloves and does that material keep its shape after couple of months? Dont want it to start to flap around since there is no straps or anything to tighten them around your wrist. Cheers.
Hi JiTe

The Hard Track trousers have a 2-layers construction:
>the external shield is water-repellent polyammide
>the internal is a removable H2Out Waterproof Breathable membrane, lined with a comfort mesh as you can see here

For your best comfort, you can insert the waterproof membrane inside boots or get it over the boots,
thanks to a wide stretch opening and a zoom-type length

Same for sleeves, where elastic cuff will help you to mange them over gloves.

Click here for more info on Spidi Hard Track Suit

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

Visit us here.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:09 PM   #460
JiTe
Flying Finn

Oddometer: 19
Thanks for your swift reply Matteo. Suit is definately very tempting to me. There is still issue with those knitted cuffs that are worrying me. You probably have thought about capillary affect and stopping water getting into gloves? Also wondering about lifespan of that cuff. Will it keep its elastisity after constant streching whilst fitting gloves over and over again? With design and practicality point in view, would you say that your suit will work as good in our scandinavian weather as it does in southern europe?
JiTe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:18 PM   #461
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Spidi Hard Track Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiTe View Post
Thanks for your swift reply Matteo. Suit is definately very tempting to me. There is still issue with those knitted cuffs that are worrying me. You probably have thought about capillary affect and stopping water getting into gloves? Also wondering about lifespan of that cuff. Will it keep its elastisity after constant streching whilst fitting gloves over and over again? With design and practicality point in view, would you say that your suit will work as good in our scandinavian weather as it does in southern europe?
JiTe,

cuffs in Hard Track jacket are not in natural material (like cotton), they are polyammide so that means they keep size in time and not absorb water.
In terms of protection to cold, be aware Hard Track is a 4 season jacket with removable aluminum 200g liner, but the external shield 3-layers polyammide fabric is quite light in terms of weight. That said, it all depends from when you use it. For lowest temperatures, we recommend other models such as Ergo 365 Pro (whose external shield is thicker and heavier) or the all new Spidi Super GT, that we're soon going to show off in this forum.

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

Visit us here.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:55 AM   #462
BSH
n00b

Oddometer: 1
how do i get your gear in russia?

Hi Matteo,
I've just applied to Vittoria, and she advised you will not be able to deliver your gear to Russia.
Is there a chance you could make an exclusion for this board members please?
Thanks in advance.
Boris in Moscow
BSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:06 PM   #463
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Spidi to Russia

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSH View Post
Hi Matteo,
I've just applied to Vittoria, and she advised you will not be able to deliver your gear to Russia.
Is there a chance you could make an exclusion for this board members please?
Thanks in advance.
Boris in Moscow
Hi Boris,

we do not deliver to Russia from spidi.com store, but I'm sure you could find anything you need from our local dealers in Moscow. Or, as alternative, you find Spidi Collection at US stores such as revzilla.com, they can place special orders on every Spidi item you like.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

Visit us here.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:48 PM   #464
Cru Jones
USUAL SUSPECT

Oddometer: 18
Hi Matteo,

Quick question, I have a Voyager jacket right now and love it. I wear it all year on my commute. My only complaint is the lack of ventilation that it has. On days when the temps are high 30s in the morning and mid 60s on the way home, I'm a bit hotter than I'd want to be with the liner in (on way home). I was looking at the Voyager 3 jacket, which seems different in that its outside shell doesn't appear to be H2Out, but has an H2Out liner/thermal. The Voyager 3 does have ventilation, which seems to fit my bill. In terms of warmth and waterproofing how does the Voyager compare? Thanks.
Old 02-27-2013, 02:13 PM   #465
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Difference between 2-layers and 3-layers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cru Jones View Post
Hi Matteo,

Quick question, I have a Voyager jacket right now and love it. I wear it all year on my commute. My only complaint is the lack of ventilation that it has. On days when the temps are high 30s in the morning and mid 60s on the way home, I'm a bit hotter than I'd want to be with the liner in (on way home). I was looking at the Voyager 3 jacket, which seems different in that its outside shell doesn't appear to be H2Out, but has an H2Out liner/thermal. The Voyager 3 does have ventilation, which seems to fit my bill. In terms of warmth and waterproofing how does the Voyager compare? Thanks.
Hi Cru,

we once again come to the difference between 2 categories of waterproof touring jackets:
>2 layers waterproof touring jackets (such as Spidi Voyager-1 and Voyager-2): they usually have an external layer which is stitched to an inner waterproof membrane (this type of membrane is called "z-liner"). Water can come across the external shield but it's blocked by the membrane. These type of jackets often feature a removable thermal liner.
>3 layers waterproof touring jackets (such as Spidi Voyager 3): the external shield is usually not waterproof and can feature generous and really working air intakes; the waterproof membrane under that is removable; under the membrane there's usually a detachable thermal liner.

The main advantage of 3-layers is that they are very well vented and light once you remove both the membrane and the thermal liner; if you instead ride fully equipped (3 layers) you have same level of comfort (if not better) as 2-layers even in cold conditions.
Spidi is the inventor of the 3-layers jacket and for that reason its touring line is second to none; you can see how the system works here.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

Visit us here.

Spidi - on track screwed with this post 02-27-2013 at 03:20 PM