Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2012, 09:21 PM   #16
Pablo83
Sleep, Wrench, Ride

Oddometer: 4,750
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPulldown View Post
SO having routed mine behind the carb I took her out to see how many gallons I could run out of the tank. 3.75 was all I could do. Never filled it from empty to test if it really holds 4.2 Still think that I could have gone a tad shorter on one of the hoses and gotten more gas. Maybe next time I will route it behind and below the carb. Anyone else have gallons drained reports.
3.9 is the most I've seen on my bike. That is with routing around the back of the carb.
Pablo83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:54 PM   #17
MrPulldown OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,435
My one sided routing. My busted petcock.

Old 09-24-2012, 11:14 AM   #18
MrPulldown OP
Beastly Adventurer

So this weekend in a fit of drunken madness went and rerouted my fuel line.

The busted petcok was beging to piss me off. I was using a pair pf pilers to turn the gas on and off. After one long and paticularly tiring ride, I got home parked the bike, andI simply stumbled back into the house looking for a cold beer. I left the gas on for a week and flood out the cylinder.

That was the push I need to get me to work on this again. I have also be wanting to route both fuel lines again because I wanted to use to the right side cock as my primary. I like this when one runs out of gas in flowing traffic. You can pull the clutch in with your left hand, coast, and flip to res with the right.

I bought a brass "T" and cut off one of the barbs to lower the connection closer to the gas intake. Connected the "T" to the carb inlet with the shortest possible fuel hose. Routed the left side per usuasal, then the right side I went behind and -wait for it... BELOW the carb. Oh you read it right, behind and below!!! This is in hopes that the lower loop of the fuel line would flow more gas out of that lobe and get me closer to the advertised 4.2 gallons, rather then the 3.8 I have seen.

Did not ride the bike yet. Went out the next morning sober to take a look at my handy work and I think I went slightly too long on the right side line as, it can be pulled on and sag on the exhuast. Question does the carb get hot enough to be of any concern with regardes to resting the fuel line adginst it? I will need to have that "behind the carb" loop pretty tight in order to prevent sag.
Old 09-24-2012, 12:39 PM   #19
Pablo83
Sleep, Wrench, Ride

Oddometer: 4,750
It's fine for the fuel line to touch the carb, but not the exhaust pipe.
Pablo83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:46 PM   #20
FireDog45
Mid-life crisis sufferer

Oddometer: 572
Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDooDaddy View Post
Here's how I've done mine. I had the tee-fitting in my tool box, so I just used it to connect the two petcocks together. I should probably insert a couple of in-line fuel filters, but so far so good? The fuel lines are well away from the cylinder fins/exhaust or anything hot or will chaffe.

Reviving an old thread...

I notice in the picture that there is an air bubble in the line before it enters the carb. I plumbed mine up just like this this afternoon and I am unable to get all the air out too. Am I being too picky to try? Is this a potential problem? Should I ignore it and just ride it?

Thanks!

FireDog45 screwed with this post 02-19-2013 at 10:48 AM Reason: Too, not to...
FireDog45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:04 AM   #21
VooDooDaddy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDog45 View Post
Reviving an old thread...

I notice in the picture that there is an air bubble in the line before it enters the carb. I plumbed mine up just like this this afternoon and I am unable to get all the air out too. Am I being to picky to try? Is this a potential problem? Should I ignore it and just ride it?

Thanks!
Ignore it and ride it. There will be no stumbling, coughing, stalling or hesitation. I imagine this 'bubble' forms in most if not all fuel lines at some point, but most fuel lines are black, rubber and therefore can't be seen. The bubble you see does not impede fuel flow; the fuel simply flows around it, and at some point the bubble will slowly migrate to the fuel/carb bowl, quickly followed by more fuel. I have run this set-up for over a year and a half, and have never had a fuel starvation issue even at extended freeway trips at or over 75mph.
VooDooDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:50 AM   #22
FireDog45
Mid-life crisis sufferer

Oddometer: 572
Thanks! It didn't seem to affect it but I haven't had a chance to get it out on the road yet. Plus I wanted to address it if it was an issue.

Now just need the weather to cooperate...
FireDog45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:57 PM   #23
wbedient
MoTard

Oddometer: 1,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by devo2002 View Post

1 - The smaller, second fuel line that went from the original petcock to the carb, I assume the choke line??, now has no place to go. I tied it in a knot and now the bike works just fine choke and no choke. Is this what most of you did?
I guess I'll do that too. I still would like to know what that little line is for.

My didn't come with a T or Y and neither did a my buddies.

2008 KTM 690 Enduro
My Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/wbedient#g/u
wbedient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:44 AM   #24
devo2002
-Devo

Oddometer: 3,570
yeah, I would have paid Acerbis $10 for one so I didn't have to rummage around home depot looking for one.
Old 03-10-2013, 11:21 AM   #25
MrPulldown OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbedient View Post
I guess I'll do that too. I still would like to know what that little line is for.

My didn't come with a T or Y and neither did a my buddies.
That second line is for the vaccume operated peacock. Basicly an auto on off for your peacock. It has nothing to do with the choke. Cap off the nub at the carb.

The acerbis tank should come with the T. But it seems like they have not included them in the packaging in the last few years. You can call acerbis and they will send one to you for free. It is better however to get a brass one. Home depot does not carry then for some reason. I found mine at Napa.