Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Trip Planning > Americas
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2013, 01:10 PM   #31
ALinUTAH
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 605
Last time I was there was last May. The only significant sand is a wash near the west end, the mineral canyon end. It's not that big a deal. You drop into a wash, maybe 100 yds in the wash then out the other side. It's deep and not a straight shot, you go thru a curve. If you get all sideways you can always just paddle out of it. Other than that, there is a little patch here and there in the road in that same area near the river. -al
ALinUTAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:17 AM   #32
tuna101
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 240
If you get all sideways you can always just paddle out of it. [/QUOTE] Can't paddle out of it riding my Honda Trail CT with all 7hp. That's why I asked about sand, there's no getting on top on a CT,
tuna101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:36 PM   #33
ThanatosF
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 207
I did the trail solo cw in june of 2012 on a drzsm running distanzias. It got up to 103 degrees that afternoon, but it really didn't feel too bad if I kept moving. At a stop I was baking though! Only saw one jeep and a group of bicycles with their support vehicle. The trail is not hard besides the sand. I would advise going cw because if you chose ccw there's a couple deep sandy hill climbs that have steep drop offs you'll have to go up. It was hard enough just going down! The trail is ridiculously rocky too which I was somewhat surprised at not reading about before I went. Btw I have no idea where someone would be going 80+ mph on that trail!
ThanatosF is offline   Reply With Quote