Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2013, 10:00 AM   #1351
Mr. Magoo
Follow me; I'm lost!

Oddometer: 4,936
This weeks Arenacross had a right holeshot turn.
Mr. Magoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:37 AM   #1352
okiegtrider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep8 View Post
Nachtflug
More pictures please, rock on
yea, good stuff! thanks for sharing it here.
okiegtrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:34 PM   #1353
Drif10
Accredited Jackass

Oddometer: 45,286
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachtflug View Post
+1. awesome it was. the weather cooperated, I'd imagine if it had been cold or wet or both not so much fun but we had the full day experience and the fun just never ended. I'm really thinking I'll go to Toronto if any of the locals are up for a road trip. who ever is running the SX show has created quite a product to get that kind of spectacle in the #1 stadium on the planet.
Unless it's changed, there's no pit access for any but racers and their crews. It's right downtown, go early and parking isn't bad. You can get out for supper, but I didn't find anything close that was open. Business district, mostly. Staying downtown will be expensive, cheaper to get a place towards the border.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:38 PM   #1354
Beez
Given to fly

Oddometer: 5,713
Loving the photos Flug!
Beez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:00 PM   #1355
NorthCoastRider
Livin' the dream

Oddometer: 245
They had a right turn out of the gate a couple of years ago, lots of crashes and all the riders complained about it. Probably why we haven't seen it again. Like someone one said its too hard to get on the rear brake in a right hander.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:24 PM   #1356
nachtflug
infidel

Oddometer: 45,309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beez View Post
Loving the photos Flug!
thanks mate and thanks for all the other compliments. here are the cliff notes on my james stewart close ups. someone mentioned earlier about andrew short being a full privateer, I guess that means you only have a a full size 18 wheeler and not the obligatory custom motor coach to lounge in when your not in the 18 wheeler. I was down by Stewarts "compound" and saw him go into the motor coach. I figured what goes in must come out so I waited, like a hunter in a tree stand. didn't take long and out he came helmet and gear on and I bagged him. Luck was with me as he rode out of the canvas enclosure on my end with the mechanic on the back. there was a portable fenced lane that the riders took from the pits, across the street and actually on the street to the tunnel that got them into the stadium. the lane of the street they were briefly on was not open to the cars. hey are those things insured and registered? anyway not 2 minutes later he comes back and stops RIGHT in front of me, mechaninc hops off, goes into the rig, comes back and away they go again. that's how I was able to get the really close up broadside shot. too cool. this was about 3pm which means once he left he went inside and promptly crashed. gordy's daughter got the crash video on her phone off the big screen and watching it was surreal. I know things aren't always as they look but damn that was a crash that never needed to happen. these guys amaze me at both the levels they ride and the occasional level they just seem to brain freeze and wad it. I think part of it might be they ride with the clutch as the throttle as in, the gas is always WFO they simply regulate their forward motion via the clutch. I've said it before and I'll say it again nobody is more in awe of these guys than me but I've seen enough pro level racing on TV and in person in the last few years to conclude that as skilled as they are they on occasion screw up under very ordinary situations. wierd.

glad everybody liked the pics I know sometimes people get upset when you post lots of motocross/supercross pictures even in motocross/super cross threads but I guess it takes all kinds. unfortunately.

post more this weekend I went from a play weekend in dallas to stuck in ohio till thursday for work. so can't post anymore till I get home. still got about 900 pictures of the monster energy girls, 600 of the girl on the right alone. the pictures all look the same but it's just hard to walk away...

hey speaking of which, doesn't Diana Dahlgren (mega goddess) look a lot like Penny (minor goddess) from the Big Bang Theory?
nachtflug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:34 PM   #1357
nachtflug
infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drif10 View Post
Unless it's changed, there's no pit access for any but racers and their crews. It's right downtown, go early and parking isn't bad. You can get out for supper, but I didn't find anything close that was open. Business district, mostly. Staying downtown will be expensive, cheaper to get a place towards the border.
thanks for the info Drify. to tell you the truth the pit party is half the fun, I'd still go if any locals want to but it's nice to know ahead of time things like that. I really didn't see much of practice in Dallas considering there are literally hours of it but the weather was so nice the pits were a real hoot.

one thing on the pit party, maybe cowboy stadium won't allow it but the only thing available to eat in the pits (that you could buy) was soda and cotton candy. give me a break get some grills out here, coffee, pizza, ANYTHING?

no biggie the stadium was open but still they probably left thousands of dollars in revenue on the table that was just waiting to be swept up.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:36 PM   #1358
nachtflug
infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
This weeks Arenacross had a right holeshot turn.
those crazies don't use the brakes anyway.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:42 PM   #1359
skwidd
where does this lead?

Oddometer: 16,230
Quote:
those crazies don't use the brakes anyway.
The straights are only 22 feet long.

'02 BN125 Eliminator, oversize 150 rear tire, 1 down on the front sprocket, Amsoil full synthetic race oil, dual gremlin bells
skwidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:22 PM   #1360
Ron_Ces
Aging Hacker

Oddometer: 1,595
Quote:
total privateer? He had a tractor trailer the size of a battleship. there were privateers in regular vans, Andrew Short does not fall into that category.
Maybe it was his own money who bought the battleship. Rich or poor, if it is your $$$ then you are still non-factory. Austrian $$$ spend the same from a few years ago. Just sayin'.
Ron

BMW R1150GS ADV
KTM 300 EXC (plated)
Ron_Ces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:25 PM   #1361
Gordy
Team Listo

Oddometer: 21,282
So Flug gets us this super "industry" pass and it gets us into the pits before practically anyone else. (I guess we could have gotten in at 6 AM ). Anyway, there was hardly anyone around and it was really cool and relaxing.

I got some good QT with the girls.

This girl was way cool, and on her first Monster gig.

I'm not sure how this all worked out, but Flug gets her to write her facebook address down with the pretense of putting her pic up or some shit.

This just came in my Dirt Rider mag this week. Lee McCollum and his bike.

We are looking at "his" bike and we ask this big security dude if we can get Deb into the pic and he says to "ask Lee, that's his bike".

Lee is cool with it!

Oh god. What would it be like to ride this?

Chip Munn of Munn Racing. Great guy, why would you buy your KTM parts elsewhere?

He has a first class operation!!

I tried to get pics with these girls again, but Deb reminded me that I had already been up there twice already!

Here is Short's ghetto rig.

This will have to do until Scott gets back.

Gordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:07 AM   #1362
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer: 19,035
More Diana please flug.

She's a step above the rest.
Have you googled some of her bodybuilding shots?
RedRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:34 AM   #1363
enduro0125
Sticks and Stones™..

Oddometer: 12,740
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocket View Post
More Diana please flug.

She's a step above the rest.
Have you googled some of her bodybuilding shots?
I posted this last year.
Worth a redo.

http://motocross.transworld.net/1000...anna-dahlgren/
Old 02-19-2013, 12:44 PM   #1364
pbarmy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,818
Any feelings on Tomac running 450's in the east?I know its been done before,and I've nothing against Eli.I think the title is still up for grabs and I'm not sure if letting those guys race is the proper thing.He could screw it up for any of the top 5.
Old 02-19-2013, 01:01 PM   #1365
andrewgore
Team MGH

Oddometer: 3,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbarmy View Post
Any feelings on Tomac running 450's in the east?I know its been done before,and I've nothing against Eli.I think the title is still up for grabs and I'm not sure if letting those guys race is the proper thing.He could screw it up for any of the top 5.
Maybe the top 5 better ride faster than him?
andrewgore is online now   Reply With Quote