Old 02-19-2013, 01:19 PM   #1366
nachtflug
infidel

Oddometer: 45,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocket View Post
More Diana please flug.

She's a step above the rest.
Have you googled some of her bodybuilding shots?
the only pics I have are off the big screen I never actually saw her in the pits. Gordy told me about her body building shots so I had a look. holy cow what a dame but I like her better the way she is now. on a scale of 1 to 10 she's in the high 40's. and besides that she seems genuinely nice and not a freaking dip shit bitch like some of the swimsuit models I used to date.
nachtflug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:23 PM   #1367
nachtflug
infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbarmy View Post
Any feelings on Tomac running 450's in the east?I know its been done before,and I've nothing against Eli.I think the title is still up for grabs and I'm not sure if letting those guys race is the proper thing.He could screw it up for any of the top 5.
I think it's bullshit and I like Tomac a lot. It makes no sense to allow guys with a vested interest in the premier series title to have to compete with guys with a vested interest in another series title who have been deemed by the organizers of both series as not "ready" for the premier series. it's stupid and it shouldn't be allowed.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:15 PM   #1368
PeteN95
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,497
Thanks for all the great pics and stories, Flug and Gordy! But I disagree about Tomac and I'm really looking forward to seeing him ride. If anyone should be worried, it's his team, who could lose a championship if he gets injured riding a 450.

SVN/XRR/Christini
PeteN95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:24 PM   #1369
Shawnee Bill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,872
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbarmy View Post
Any feelings on Tomac running 450's in the east?I know its been done before,and I've nothing against Eli.I think the title is still up for grabs and I'm not sure if letting those guys race is the proper thing.He could screw it up for any of the top 5.
Actually this year it's the top 7.

450 riders claim to be the Big Boy Class so if they can't take on one of the little guys they should just stay home.

Shawnee Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:36 PM   #1370
pbarmy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteN95 View Post
Thanks for all the great pics and stories, Flug and Gordy! But I disagree about Tomac and I'm really looking forward to seeing him ride. If anyone should be worried, it's his team, who could lose a championship if he gets injured riding a 450.
His hopes for a 250 west championship are already dim.If he was leading the points,he probably wouldn't ride 450's.And I actually think the top 3 are racing for the championship.A crash by Eli,who has the speed to run with those guys,could take out any of them,which I believe is bullshit.He has no chance to win the championship,but could have a huge effect on the outcome.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:19 PM   #1371
Tee2
I SAID! Woo Hoo!

Oddometer: 1,228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy View Post

The 206 bike in the back is a local kids, and friend of my daughter, Travis Sewell. Dallas was his first SX race this season and was running 11th in the heat race, got tangled up with another rider on the start in the LCQ. I think his brother is also racing for Munn but is out hurt now.

Tee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:24 PM   #1372
nachtflug
infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteN95 View Post
Thanks for all the great pics and stories, Flug and Gordy!
glad to share it was one incredible experience. while it was ALMOST like TV...seeing it live was special. you really can't get the feel for how fast these guys are going without seeing it, particularly in the corners.

and the whoops....

and the jumps.

serious it's all incredible but these guys get in and out of corners like someone is chasing them with an axe. One of our local guys made the heat in the 250's Dakota Kessler, Mickey K's son. He's made the mains at Southwick and Unadilla, maybe some more, don't know if he's made a heat at a SX before. but he's obviously good to make the Main at an outdoor. Anyway I see him go by on lap one of his heat and damn he's in like 4th place!

so I'm watching him and close to the end of lap 1 he gets passed in a corner, next corner 2 more get by him. that first 250 heat was freakign crazy with #67 Gavin Faith winning it. thye were all flying. anyway he gets passed and then the next turn 2 more go by him, that's got to be freaking intense he knows he's in the front of the pack riding as fast as he can and guys are going by him. when the 2 got by him now he had to come down the last straight before the finish line, and it's a staggered set of jumps some were doubling, tripling, really tricky, and then a BIG triple. a few more get by him on that stretch and it's got to be even more mentally distracting and then he freaking CASED the triple. he came down so hard it was like he landed because there was a cable tied to the back of the bike and he reached the end of the cable. no more line you stop here. my god he hit hard. he barely got off the track and came off the bike in a heap of pain and probably disoriented. I heard later he chipped or maybe broke some teeth, looked to me like if that was all he's lucky he looked like he really had major chance of injury to places you don't want to be injured. but watching that unfold was really an insight as to just how fast and what level these guys are riding at. for people to run up front and podium there has to be a lot of scratching and clawing going on behind them, thats just the way it is, someone finish's 4th but that doens't mean the guy in 5th wasn't trying. they all are. that set of whoops was pretty legit, the ones who came through it made it look likeit was flat. I don't care how good the suspension is they still had to do it. the ones who didn't make the whoops look like they were flat made it look like you were glad to be in the stands..somewhat..just incredible intensity and as much as I like the whoops and the jumps these guys butter their bread in the corners. they get in, they get out. don't blink you'll miss it.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:35 PM   #1373
NorthCoastRider
Livin' the dream

Oddometer: 245
I don't have a problem with ET (or any 250 rider in the opposite coast class) running a 450; it gives them experience with what it takes to ride with those guys before A1. If the top guys can't keep up then they had better speed up cause it's a preview of what coming next year.
If anything I feel a little sorry for the guys just making the mains cause now there is one less spot for them.
ET's chance of a title is pretty slim now it's basically Roczen's championship to loose.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:50 PM   #1374
Shawnee Bill
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthCoastRider View Post
I don't have a problem with ET (or any 250 rider in the opposite coast class) running a 450; it gives them experience with what it takes to ride with those guys before A1. If the top guys can't keep up then they had better speed up cause it's a preview of what coming next year.
If anything I feel a little sorry for the guys just making the mains cause now there is one less spot for them.
ET's chance of a title is pretty slim now it's basically Roczen's championship to loose.
+1 on the 250 guys from the opposite coast class running with the 450s.

However the west coast championship ain't over until it's over, that's why they race all of them. ET got behind because of bad luck, anything can easily happen to Roczen so Tomac just has to continue winning races and hope for some equalizer luck.

Old 02-19-2013, 08:01 PM   #1375
nachtflug
infidel

so if the 250 riders can fuck up the 450 series then Andrew Short, Brayton, Grant, etc etc, all 450 riders who never titled in the 250 series should be able to ride the 250 series and bump Roczen back to 5th or so if enough of them decide they want to do it. is that ok too?
Old 02-19-2013, 08:48 PM   #1376
Shawnee Bill
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachtflug View Post
so if the 250 riders can fuck up the 450 series then Andrew Short, Brayton, Grant, etc etc, all 450 riders who never titled in the 250 series should be able to ride the 250 series and bump Roczen back to 5th or so if enough of them decide they want to do it. is that ok too?

What you said. Those guys couldn't win in the 250 class when they were there. They couldn't win it today. They would still be riding mid pack 250s, no threat to Tomac, Roczen or any other top 3 250 rider.

Old 02-19-2013, 09:58 PM   #1377
brents347
Trusting my Cape...

Oddometer: 3,479
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachtflug View Post
I think it's bullshit... .....who have been deemed by the organizers of both series as not "ready" for the premier series. it's stupid and it shouldn't be allowed.
Who has ever deemed Tomac or anyone else as not being "ready" for the 450's? Do you recall when Mike Alessi rode his pro debut on a 450 (outdoors) and got a podium? No one ever told him to go down to the 250 and prove himself. In the SX world you can ride whatever class you want to sign up for, you just can't ride in the 250 class and cherry-pick easy wins/points/money for too many years.

01 Kawasaki KE100
74 Honda MR50
brents347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:23 PM   #1378
NorthCoastRider
Livin' the dream

Oddometer: 245
Right, basically you "point" out of the 250 class. Like what happened with Brock Tickle a couple of years ago. And there are riders that ride both classes; Vince Freise rode 450's in the west and is on an 250 in the east coast series.
Makes for more exciting racing with the fast 250 guys are on 350's or 450's. KR got a 2nd last year on the 350 and Cole Seely had some impressive rides on the 450.
Besides Geico has to do something with their 450 besides pre race transfer jumps.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:51 PM   #1379
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer: 19,123
If you're fast enough to qualify it shouldn't matter what other series you are in.

If someone comes to race they come to race. If they can keep up with, or lead the leaders then more power to him.
RedRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:12 AM   #1380
Trailing Jack
Dr. Acula

Oddometer: 1,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewgore View Post
Maybe the top 5 better ride faster than him?
That's right.
Barcia did the same thing, along with some other guys as someone pointed out.
I personally can't wait to see Tomac in that class.

I also can't wait for you to post more pictures, Scott.
Hurry up and get home!
Trailing Jack is offline   Reply With Quote