ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > Parallel Universe
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-19-2013, 05:11 PM   #16
Flashdog OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: NW in the Great Flat Sandy
Oddometer: 206
My new Leo came in today so I mounted without the Db Killer. It's got a nice bark to it but I may put the Db Killer back so as not to piss off the neighbors. I have a question about the perforated round disc that was loose in the packing box. It's stamped 58. It looks like a spark arrestor but very restrictive. Is it a spark arrestor?
Flashdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:31 PM   #17
itsatdm
Beastly Adventurer
 
itsatdm's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: Nor Ca.
Oddometer: 4,613
No it is a db killer for the Euro's. Quieter than stock and a real HP killer. Fits between the mid pipe and Front of the muffler.
__________________
BMW Motorrad USA customer service: "We make superior motorcycles and continue to improve them."
itsatdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:39 PM   #18
ebrabaek
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Grand Valley, Colorado
Oddometer: 4,647
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsatdm View Post
No it is a db killer for the Euro's. Quieter than stock and a real HP killer. Fits between the mid pipe and Front of the muffler.
Yeppers.... That thing is hideous.
__________________


Erling
ebrabaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:05 PM   #19
Flashdog OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: NW in the Great Flat Sandy
Oddometer: 206
Thanks, glad I left it out!
Flashdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:19 PM   #20
wortho
Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Sydney Australia
Oddometer: 49
Does a slip on exhaust require fuel mapping change and would it affect warranty?
I was looking at these Italian made GPR exhaust but as my bike is only a few months old I don't want to have warranty or fueling issues.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw...+f800&_sacat=0
wortho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:43 PM   #21
DoWorkSon
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: North CA
Oddometer: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by wortho View Post
Does a slip on exhaust require fuel mapping change and would it affect warranty?
I was looking at these Italian made GPR exhaust but as my bike is only a few months old I don't want to have warranty or fueling issues.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw...+f800&_sacat=0
No, it shouldnt
DoWorkSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:58 PM   #22
itsatdm
Beastly Adventurer
 
itsatdm's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: Nor Ca.
Oddometer: 4,613
The F800gs Ecu will accommodate most any muffler. The oxygen sensor will indicate when the fuel ratio is stoich (14.7 A/F) and the Ecu will supply a map to maintain that in closed loop. Open loop will be richer.

If you live in the US (fill in your profile) an after market part will not void your warranty unless it is the direct cause of whatever problem you have.

Aftermarket mufflers should not cause any problems for the bike. There is a rub, because the dealer initiates the warranty process. I would suspect a lot of engine problems might fall into that gray area if he so chose. How good is your dealer?

BMW has officially approved an Akrapovic aftermarket muffler. You can tell because it cost $981. BMW probably gets a piece of the action for recommending it. It is not that special, but in some European countries they cannot add aftermarket parts willy-nilly. They can only add parts approved by the manufacture.

I have a carbon Leo Vince and like it.
__________________
BMW Motorrad USA customer service: "We make superior motorcycles and continue to improve them."

itsatdm screwed with this post 02-20-2013 at 05:50 PM
itsatdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:55 PM   #23
wortho
Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Sydney Australia
Oddometer: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsatdm View Post
The F800gs Ecu will accommodate most any muffler. The oxygen sensor will indicate when the fuel ratio is stoich (14.7 A/F) and the Ecu will supply a map to maintain that in closed loop. Open loop will be richer.

If you live in the US (fill in your profile) an after market part will not void your warranty unless it is the direct cause of whatever problem you have.

Aftermarket mufflers should not cause any problems for the bike. There is a rub, because the dealer initiates the warranty process. I would suspect a lot of engine problems might fall into that gray area if he so chose. How good is your dealer?

BMW has officially approved an Akrapovic aftermarket muffler. You can tell because it cost $981. BMW probably gets a piece of the action for recommending it. It is not that special, but in some European countries they cannot add aftermarket parts willy-nilly. They can only add parts approved by the manufacture.

I have a carbon Leo Vince and like it.
Thanks for that info. I'll check the third party parts warranty issue with the local dealer as I suspect the rules here in Oz may be similar to Europe.
wortho is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014