User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2012, 10:37 PM   #61
Backonthebike
Giddy up

Oddometer: 666
Luck of the Draw

After three purchases from them last year, in 2012 I have made 3 more purchases.
The first one, a pair of ladies Rev'it pants took a while coz they didn't have them in stock, but turned up after about 6 weeks. I emailed them a couple of times, and got a satisfactory Google translated response.
My fault, they were too big for the XO so I ordered a second pair in the right size: 2 weeks.
A fortnight ago ordered a Rev'it Airwave for the XO and it arrived yesterday.
The savings we make in Australia on the EU VAT more than pays for the postage, so this mob are the cheapest around, but, when you want quality and price, you have to pass up speedy delivery.
Quality and speedy delivery?: pay the price
Price and speedy delivery?; pass up on quality and buy from Hong Kong
It's a fundamental law of merchandising that you can't get all three.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:11 PM   #62
dwenglis
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 150
Can anyone advise if you purchase several items and one or more is out of stock do they wait and ship all together or do you get multiple packages?
Old 11-27-2012, 12:30 PM   #63
LoneStar
WhoopDeDoofus

Oddometer: 1,191
After a previous poor experience, I decided to try again since they were the only online dealer I could find selling the Nolan X551 dual sport helmet. Placed the order online, within a couple of days received a DHL tracking number and after about 2 weeks the helmet showed up.

Pleasantly surprised after having zero expectations based on my last attempt to order.
LoneStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:32 AM   #64
dwenglis
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 150
ordered 2 pairs of gloves and a helmet back in November. I was told only one set of gloves were in stock, and these were shipped separately just before Christmas. After weekly emails I was informed that the helmet I ordered was no longer available. They offered to sell me others but I just wasn't interested. So I cancelled the remaining order. My conclusion is if the item ordered is in stock then great.... Communication is soso. They respond to most, but not all emails within 48hrs. Prices are awesome. So my experience was mixed. Would I order from them again.... Only if what I wanted was available no where else, and was in stock.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:20 PM   #65
Blakduk
Just trying to get by.

Oddometer: 1,193
I sent them an email asking about the SG-12 boots being no longer available and they replied in pretty good english with an answer within 2 days. I was happy with that.
(Shame, their prices were the LOWEST)
Old 02-20-2013, 06:54 AM   #66
LoneStar
WhoopDeDoofus

After receiving my Nolan X-Lite helmet from FC with no issues, I ordered a pair of Sidi Adventure Goretex boots from them about 2 weeks ago. Just arrived today

Two good purchases in a row - maybe they're trending better
Old 02-20-2013, 07:04 AM   #67
bete
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 511
I bought a helmet a couple years ago from them, chose the more expensive shipping option and had it in 4 days , faster than most shipping here in the states. bete
bete is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:41 AM   #68
LoneStar
WhoopDeDoofus

Yes - the DHL shipping was $21 US, and here in about 10 days from order process date. $21 from Germany to Texas for an oversized box with heavy boots.

I just spent $35 shipping a medium box to California...
Old 02-21-2013, 06:57 PM   #69
ewajeff
n00b

Oddometer: 4
One small issue ... but otherwise a positive experience

Long time lurker, first post, thought I'd open with something worthwhile!

'Twas April 2010, I needed road boots, Sidi Vertigo Corsas become the choice for me. However, with the Australian retail market being somewhat comparable to anal rape , I chose to make my purchase online.

FC-Moto were the cheapest by far, including delivery and exchange rate variations - all up $350 total, slightly less than 50% of the price in stores down Elizabeth St, Melbourne.

The issue related to the product itself - I received a pair of Sidi Vortice boots, the explanation being that they had run out of the Vertigo Corsa model. The Vortice is a much more expensive boot (runs over $800 here in Oz) so I wasn't complaining (other than the technical lego boot 'lacing' system - I just wanted something quick and simple!), but that they didn't tell me first was a little weird.

They are a bit tardy with email responses, shipping took 2 weeks.

Verdict? I will buy from them again.

- Kahlil Gibran -
ewajeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:38 PM   #70
geerod
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Thumbs down FC Moto sucks!

I placed an order with this company two weeks ago. I have repeatedly asked for a order status update & have yet to receive a single response. They've never confirmed the order, although "my account" shows the order as being paid. I have no idea if the items are in stock or if they even plan to ship? I completely understand if an items is back ordered for whatever reason, but to completely blow off a paying customer is unprecedented.

I'd like to cancel the order, but I don't expect a reply to that inquiry either. Guess it's time to call my credit card co to advise them of the situation.

Needless to say, I will NEVER be ordering from them ever again. I also found the items which total over $700 elsewhere for about $7 more, so their savings aren't worth the aggravation.

What's also not so amusing is now I'm on their email list & getting their sales promo emails, but they can't reply to a paying customer?
geerod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:11 AM   #71
lhendrik
Truffle Rustler

Oddometer: 2,211
I have found that biker-land.de provides same quality products ( if they carry what you want) with great no-vat pricing and speedy delivery and better customer service, prompt email, etc. no affiliation, just a happy customer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backonthebike View Post
After three purchases from them last year, in 2012 I have made 3 more purchases.
The first one, a pair of ladies Rev'it pants took a while coz they didn't have them in stock, but turned up after about 6 weeks. I emailed them a couple of times, and got a satisfactory Google translated response.
My fault, they were too big for the XO so I ordered a second pair in the right size: 2 weeks.
A fortnight ago ordered a Rev'it Airwave for the XO and it arrived yesterday.
The savings we make in Australia on the EU VAT more than pays for the postage, so this mob are the cheapest around, but, when you want quality and price, you have to pass up speedy delivery.
Quality and speedy delivery?: pay the price
Price and speedy delivery?; pass up on quality and buy from Hong Kong
It's a fundamental law of merchandising that you can't get all three.
Old 04-16-2013, 04:18 AM   #72
Twilight Error
Going nowhere slowly

Oddometer: 22,445
I just rolled the dice with them, I ordered an X-lite 551 Friday of last week. By the tracking # they provided, my order has arrived in Frankfurt for travel to the US.

I did choose the more expensive shipping option (UPS) over DHL.
Twilight Error is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:01 AM   #73
cheesebot
I cheesebot

Oddometer: 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Error View Post
I just rolled the dice with them, I ordered an X-lite 551 Friday of last week. By the tracking # they provided, my order has arrived in Frankfurt for travel to the US.

I did choose the more expensive shipping option (UPS) over DHL.
Be prepared to pay customs fees in CASH to UPS on delivery - hopefully fc-moto got it right for you (they're not too good at customs).
cheesebot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:14 AM   #74
Twilight Error
Going nowhere slowly

Oddometer: 22,445
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesebot View Post
Be prepared to pay customs fees in CASH to UPS on delivery - hopefully fc-moto got it right for you (they're not too good at customs).
IIRC, you've just done this song & dance, could you PM me a ballpark of what those fees ran for you?
Twilight Error is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:17 AM   #75
swimmer OP
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,087
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesebot View Post
Yes, as mentioned in this thread earlier. Ship by any other method than the cheapest DHL -> USPS method and pay custom duties. Ship the slow method and no duties.
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote