Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Equipment
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2013, 03:48 PM   #46
mhevezi
Adventurer

Oddometer: 78
Got into the riding/kevlar-lined jeans last year. Bought 4 pairs.

Drayko Renegade: Soft, stretchy denim, WAY too big for me- in my Levi size. Had to order a size down to fit and had to bring up the inseam. I'm 6'03" and they were too long. Dark color, comfy and so-so cut. Front pockets should be deeper. Only CE-rated jeans I saw on the market. No embarassed to walk around in these. I like these.

Diamond Gusset: ZERO style jeans. No wait, I give them a -3 on style. My fiance' looked at them and said two words- "return those." Color was horrible and cut was very, "in-bred, famer-boy." But, the fit was excellent, the gusset comfy, and the jeans felt like good, quality jeans. Made in the USA meant something to me, so I stuck with them. Dyed them dark denim and they looked better, but dyed them again, using black dye and at least the color now is acceptable- dark navy. Still not my favorite riding jeans, but with the darker color, I am not ashamed to wear them. I don't mean to bash on DG, they are good jeans, they just lack anything resembling style.

Shift jeans are no longer made- grab a pair if you can find some.

Torque: My favortie riding jean. Shift uses 14oz denim that I like, and the cut, color and overall style I like a lot. They are heavy jeans that don't breath much. Good in cold, pretty warm in the summer. Really like these jeans.

Lowdown: Similar to the Torque jean, but lighter color and lower rise. These can crush the jewels while riding. Still a good jean for the money, the same 14oz denim, but a lighter color and the nut-crunching issue. Not bad, overall I give them a 6.

That's what I know. I know these are not as good as full-on riding pants, but it's a step in the right direction.

Safer is better, yes?
Old 02-20-2013, 12:01 PM   #47
TheOtherBart
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,744
A while back (a year? two years?) someone on here started a thread on making their own armored pants, adding pockets and abrasion resistant material to a pair of regular britches. Last post I remember seeing they had the materials and had started the process, but I never saw a finished product. I can't remember who, or enough details to turn it up in a search. Anyone know what I'm talking about?
TheOtherBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:13 PM   #48
NJ Moto
Running Free

Oddometer: 7,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOtherBart View Post
A while back (a year? two years?) someone on here started a thread on making their own armored pants, adding pockets and abrasion resistant material to a pair of regular britches. Last post I remember seeing they had the materials and had started the process, but I never saw a finished product. I can't remember who, or enough details to turn it up in a search. Anyone know what I'm talking about?
Is this the one? http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=542951

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuKeu...feature=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYqF_BtIwAU
"Can we get a party to finally represent us?" - Cenk Uygur
NJ Moto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:05 AM   #49
SPEIRMOOR
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by wipe-out View Post
i went all in on a pair of esquad jeans and couldn't be happier. they are expensive of course, but they look like a regular pair of jeans and seem to be bombproof. pockets for hip and knee armor, too. tested them once when i dropped a street triple, no wear, no tear (mind you, i wasn't going 100 mph but still, pretty happy with the jeans).
Which model did you get? Expensive but they seem to have it sorted
SPEIRMOOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:14 AM   #50
jings
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by skierd View Post
I'll third the maple jeans. Saw them for the first time a few weeks ago, and the cut seems to be near identical to my current favorite pair of regular jeans. The only US supplier I've seen has them for a staggering $400... but good designer jeans can cost upwards of that much and won't last or work on a bike either. If I was still riding everywhere everyday, they'd be high on my list.
remember the maple jeans come with forcefield hip and knee pads as standard got mine last month havent had them off sinse there quality
jings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:38 AM   #51
TheOtherBart
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,744
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Moto View Post
Yep, that's it. I wonder if he ever finished them.
TheOtherBart is offline   Reply With Quote