Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Equipment
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2013, 10:04 AM   #16
mrt10x
Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer: 3,166
When I crashed my Geico insurance replaced my motorcycle specific gear. Well they offered to, I just didnt take them up on it, the Aerostich Darien didnt really need to be replaced. They did replace my helmet.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:47 AM   #17
K0m4
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 459
In my crash (http://advrider.com/forums/showpost....&postcount=517), the insurance company would have replaced the gear - I have full coverage though so even that it was my fault they would have paid for it. I never made a claim though, I decided it was better not to. That's an 80 km/h crash, so the stuff held up great. Had to just buy a new shell jacket, but used the fabric of the old one to fix the pant leg. Sure glad I spent the money on it! Nothing like walking from the scene rather than being carried...

Introduction/ride report: what's in an adventure?
K0m4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:21 AM   #18
StuartV
Motorcyclist

Oddometer: 808
State Farm in Florida replaced my helmet and GPS, but did nothing for my Roadcrafter, boots, or gloves.

My Roadcrafter cost around $175 to repair. They had to replace a whole sleeve, plus the left side butt cheek panel and a couple of other smaller things. That was after a low side doing about 55MPH, where I slid off the road pretty quickly and into a ditch. I was completely unhurt (other than some dislocated ribs that had to be popped back in by my chiro when I got home a few days later - slide into a mailbox post, back first, and these things will happen).

But, after having that suit for a few years, I got a Motoport mesh Kevlar 2pc (had it for about 4 years now, I think) and now I almost never wear the Roadcrafter. The MP suit fits better, is more comfortable (even when it's cold and wet out), and, I believe, will protect me better AND hold up better in a crash.
Racer, Drummer, Bassist, Software Engineer
StuartV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:19 PM   #19
bikefever OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Thanks for expressing all the opinions Guys, very helpful!
Never knew insurer can cover garments and helmets (just started my very second bike season now) will have to make some enqueries.
Again, thanks a lot

bikefever screwed with this post 02-21-2013 at 03:35 PM
bikefever is offline   Reply With Quote