Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2013, 04:57 AM   #1381
nachtflug
infidel

Oddometer: 46,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocket View Post
If you're fast enough to qualify it shouldn't matter what other series you are in.

If someone comes to race they come to race. If they can keep up with, or lead the leaders then more power to him.
it's bullshit it contradicts the whole idea of a premier championship series and the supporting series.

if tomac rides 450 and misses a gear on a triple and Milsapps lands on him and thats the end of Milsapps they'll change the rules real quick. and the reason they will is because it's a bad idea. nothing against Tomac he rocks and I like him a lot but you have to have meaningful structure to your rules which define the 2 series and letting one taint the other is just bad business, bad managment of the series and bad promotion.
nachtflug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:17 AM   #1382
SigPig
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachtflug View Post
it's bullshit it contradicts the whole idea of a premier championship series and the supporting series.

if tomac rides 450 and misses a gear on a triple and Milsapps lands on him and thats the end of Milsapps they'll change the rules real quick. and the reason they will is because it's a bad idea. nothing against Tomac he rocks and I like him a lot but you have to have meaningful structure to your rules which define the 2 series and letting one taint the other is just bad business, bad managment of the series and bad promotion.
And if a guy who finally qualifies for a main after trying all season accidentally takes out a front runner, what then? Should he have not been there either? If you qualify, you qualify. Who cares what you raced on last week. Or are you more upset that one of the 250 kids might be able to beat a title contender straight up?

SigPig screwed with this post 02-20-2013 at 06:40 AM
SigPig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:17 AM   #1383
shocker4her
When I am King

Oddometer: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by SigPig View Post
And if a guy who finally qualifies for a main after trying all season accidentally takes out a front runner, what then? Should he have not been there either? If you qualify, you qualify. Who cares what you raced on last week. Or are you more upset that one of the 250 kids might be able to beat a title contender straight up?

If anyone should be upset is the riders because they can not ride both classes at the same race anymore....remember back in the 80's and 90's you could try and qualify for the 125cc and 250cc classes at the same event. (only rider I knew who made both mains at the same event was Barry Carsten, a true iron man and nice guy)

Now I know some of you are going to say their team will not let them and that should be the case, they are paid to race that class but the new rule really hurts the privateer riders who have to pay for everything themselves.
One BIG ASS Mistake America
shocker4her is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:01 AM   #1384
D.T.
One wheel wonder...

Oddometer: 10,086
Subway offers free pit passes before the events eh?
D.T. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:15 AM   #1385
PTRadam
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 493
Guys have been testing the waters in the premier class while their coast is on break since I can remember. Been going on forever. I think Windham actually won a race in the 250 class when he was racing 125's on the opposite coast.
PTRadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:16 AM   #1386
PTRadam
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 493
Also, Tomac racing a 450 might give Barcia and Canard a kick in the ass. Maybe make them worry a little.
PTRadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:28 AM   #1387
Shawnee Bill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,917
Blake Baggett

What's the latest on Baggett? I find nothing with google.

GL1800
FZ-1 For sale
Shawnee Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:54 AM   #1388
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer: 19,438
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee Bill View Post
What's the latest on Baggett? I find nothing with google.

Didn't he break a hand?
RedRocket is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:07 AM   #1389
Gordy
Team Listo

Oddometer: 22,073
Do you guys ever get tired of talking about racing in here?

Gordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:36 PM   #1390
pbarmy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTRadam View Post
Guys have been testing the waters in the premier class while their coast is on break since I can remember. Been going on forever. I think Windham actually won a race in the 250 class when he was racing 125's on the opposite coast.
No one,least of all me,thinks Eli cant ride a 450,its been proven.There are very few rides available for the "elite"of which I believe Eli will join one day soon.I just dont feel he should have an effect on the outcome of the series,nor have I ever felt that way about anyone.Hopefully everyone will be safe and race hard.May the best man win.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:52 PM   #1391
brents347
Trusting my Cape...

Oddometer: 3,548
Quote:

Wrong, wrong, and wrong. These are just your opinions and they seem to be the opinions of a vocal minority. Do you have anything to back up your claims of bad manangement, bad business and bad promotion besides your opinion?

01 Kawasaki KE100
74 Honda MR50
brents347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:53 PM   #1392
HOT DAMN!
♪ ♪ ♪

Oddometer: 7,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewgore View Post
Maybe the top 5 better ride faster than him?
Ding! Ding! Ding!
Old 02-20-2013, 02:18 PM   #1393
Shawnee Bill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,917
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by brents347 View Post
Wrong, wrong, and wrong. These are just your opinions and they seem to be the opinions of a vocal minority. Do you have anything to back up your claims of bad manangement, bad business and bad promotion besides your opinion?
Give the poor guy a break, he never saw a SX until a couple of days ago.
Of course he has nothing to back up these claims, just wants things to be set up the way it isn't.

However, the 2 series structure seems to be creeping in on us. Not all that long ago it was a 3 class structure, 125, 250 and open classes. And some guys raced all three. From that it has progressed (regressed?) to what we have today which is almost a training class (Lites) and the "Premier" class for the true cream of the crop. Not really there yet but it seems we are going there.

NASCRAP seems to not have a problem with the top tier guys dropping down to whatever that "lower" class is and racing there and we all want OUR races to be like NASCAR, right? Twice so far this year we've had to stop a race and restart single file. Close the gap up between riders. Quite a lot like local stock car races on dirt ovals.

Shawnee Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:19 PM   #1394
mdubya
Right Brigade

Oddometer: 7,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbarmy View Post
No one,least of all me,thinks Eli cant ride a 450,its been proven.There are very few rides available for the "elite"of which I believe Eli will join one day soon.I just dont feel he should have an effect on the outcome of the series,nor have I ever felt that way about anyone.Hopefully everyone will be safe and race hard.May the best man win.
Having Eli on track is no different than being forced to deal with a particularly tough set of whoops or a rhythm section that only a few can do the quad while the rest have to triple it.

They already have one less potential threat with Windham out.

Old 02-20-2013, 03:24 PM   #1395
nachtflug
infidel

Oddometer: 46,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee Bill View Post
Give the poor guy a break, he never saw a SX until a couple of days ago.
I was at the Montreal SX in 1977 when Jimmy Ellis won it.
nachtflug is offline   Reply With Quote