Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2013, 02:30 PM   #1396
nachtflug
infidel

Oddometer: 45,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by brents347 View Post
Wrong, wrong, and wrong. These are just your opinions and they seem to be the opinions of a vocal minority. Do you have anything to back up your claims of bad manangement, bad business and bad promotion besides your opinion?
obviously not but it still defies logic to have paralell but separate series and then when one takes a break all of a sudden the guys who were in series A are competing with guys from series B when the guys from series B have no mathematical chance of winning series A. you are dilluting your own product.

it's like this, not exactly but the outcome is the same. it's like taking a team from the NFL who didn't make the play off's, let them play a game in the play off's but they don't advance if they win, and if you lose to that team, you're out. does that make sense?
nachtflug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:31 PM   #1397
enduro0125
Sticks and Stones™..

Oddometer: 12,927
No.
Old 02-20-2013, 02:36 PM   #1398
nachtflug
infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee Bill View Post
What you said. Those guys couldn't win in the 250 class when they were there. They couldn't win it today. They would still be riding mid pack 250s, no threat to Tomac, Roczen or any other top 3 250 rider.

you don't think Andrew Short, Brayton or Grant could get a holeshot and win a 15 lap 250 SX on a 250?

stranger things have happened.
Old 02-20-2013, 02:37 PM   #1399
nachtflug
infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailing Jack View Post
That's right.
Barcia did the same thing, along with some other guys as someone pointed out.
I personally can't wait to see Tomac in that class.

I also can't wait for you to post more pictures, Scott.
Hurry up and get home!
roger that. meet me in Toronto.
Old 02-20-2013, 02:48 PM   #1400
nachtflug
infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigPig View Post
And if a guy who finally qualifies for a main after trying all season accidentally takes out a front runner, what then? Should he have not been there either? If you qualify, you qualify. Who cares what you raced on last week. Or are you more upset that one of the 250 kids might be able to beat a title contender straight up?
if a guy who was trying to qualify for the 450's all along and finally does and takes out the entire list of the top 10 points leaders in a first turn nuclear explosion of miscalculation I'd have no problem with it. thats racing.

I've always maintained that the current structure minimizes the accomplishments of the 250 riders. I believe the 250's are sometimes faster in certain situations. I'd love to see Tomac win all 16 of the 450 races this year but as he started in the 250 west series I don't think he should be allowed to run in the 450's. the system is flawed not the riders.

If Millsapps loses the title by a hair and if the points Tomac gets are the difference (if he rides and if he finishes in a position where it is reasonable to say it costs Milsapps points) it will be a real shame and things will change. which will prove I'm right.
Old 02-20-2013, 02:52 PM   #1401
Shawnee Bill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachtflug View Post
obviously not but it still defies logic to have paralell but separate series and then when one takes a break all of a sudden the guys who were in series A are competing with guys from series B when the guys from series B have no mathematical chance of winning series A. you are dilluting your own product.

it's like this, not exactly but the outcome is the same. it's like taking a team from the NFL who didn't make the play off's, let them play a game in the play off's but they don't advance if they win, and if you lose to that team, you're out. does that make sense?
Last time I looked (admittedly been a while ) ALL the NFL teams play ALL the other teams in their division (or however it's split up) and sometimes (not often) a sorry team with no playoff chances beats a great team.

What you're purposing is somewhere past the season mid-point start eliminating riders that have less than some number of series points, or get lapped often, get them out of the way of those riders that have a chance of finishing high in the series. Then we could do away with qualifying and heat races and have TWO real races that count for series points at each venue.

Maybe the last 5 races have only the top 10 riders on the gate, that would make first turn mayhem a rare thing and we would have head to head racing of the best every time. No more of those runs like Carnard made a couple of weeks ago from 19th to 7th place. Most of the other top riders have done that more than once.

Hummmm, the more I think about the better it sounds.

Shawnee Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:55 PM   #1402
PeteN95
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,497
Quote:
you don't think Andrew Short, Brayton or Grant could get a holeshot and win a 15 lap 250 SX on a 250?
Certainly possible, but I think it is more likely Tomac could get the holeshot and win the 450 class! He came from behind to win in Vegas! Which might cost RV, but he could also do RV a favor, that is what makes it more exciting!

SVN/XRR/Christini
PeteN95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:55 PM   #1403
Shawnee Bill
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:

I think they could very get the holeshot but I don't think they would win the race even then given the current quality of 250 riders, either coast.

Old 02-20-2013, 02:57 PM   #1404
Shawnee Bill
Beastly Adventurer

Must be Wednesday, halfway between races

Old 02-20-2013, 03:00 PM   #1405
andrewgore
Team MGH

Oddometer: 3,187
Call me crazy here, but a racer can either WIN or LOSE a race. The points they EARN are based on how badly they LOSE. Nothing in racing is "taken".

2nd place is the 1st loser
andrewgore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:00 PM   #1406
nachtflug
infidel

Quote:
What you're purposing is...
what I'm proposing is that there are 3 series. 250 east, west, and 450's.

you can be in one.

that's it.

pick a series.

and make sure it's the one you want because you can't risk having someone dilute another series they have no chance of winning.

the only other option for the idle east/west riders would be a 2 stroke race at each SX that did not lead to a title.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:02 PM   #1407
enduro0125
Sticks and Stones™..

Oddometer: 12,927
I think Davey is hiring.
Send in your résumé.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:04 PM   #1408
bobzilla
Dirty Old Man

Oddometer: 870
Quote:
Last time I looked (admittedly been a while ) ALL the NFL teams play ALL the other teams in their division (or however it's split up) and sometimes (not often) a sorry team with no playoff chances beats a great team.

What you're purposing is somewhere past the season mid-point start eliminating riders that have less than some number of series points, or get lapped often, get them out of the way of those riders that have a chance of finishing high in the series. Then we could do away with qualifying and heat races and have TWO real races that count for series points at each venue.

Maybe the last 5 races have only the top 10 riders on the gate, that would make first turn mayhem a rare thing and we would have head to head racing of the best every time. No more of those runs like Carnard made a couple of weeks ago from 19th to 7th place. Most of the other top riders have done that more than once.

Hummmm, the more I think about the better it sounds.

Bet youlike Nascrap too

It would be different if Tomac was jumping into the Lites East series. And it would be different if Reed jumped in the Lights series. If Tomac wants to try to run with the big boys more power to him...and if he hits the deck and takes someone or him self out ....thats RACIN!

Would you think it was bad for someone to come to your local track from out of the area and race against the locals???? you would be pissed if he spanked the crew and took the $$ but thats RACIN!
01 DR Frankenbike 650
76 CB750
bobzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:08 PM   #1409
bobzilla
Dirty Old Man

Oddometer: 870
Quote:
what I'm proposing is that there are 3 series. 250 east, west, and 450's.

you can be in one.

that's it.

pick a series.

and make sure it's the one you want because you can't risk having someone dilute another series they have no chance of winning.

the only other option for the idle east/west riders would be a 2 stroke race at each SX that did not lead to a title.
Bullshit! we dont need rules like that....every rider on the track can take points from you or from your competitor. It dont really matter where they raced last week...would you say a AreanaCross guy cant come try to make the main? what about all the local fast guys that try week in and week out just to make the show....you want them to not enter?

Have you been a racer and in different series at the same time? back when....way back when... i was and some times it is just good to mix it up with different guys.

bottom line, the more guys that can race for the top 10 the better for the racers and the fans.
my .02 and its worth what you paid
01 DR Frankenbike 650
76 CB750
bobzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:10 PM   #1410
Shawnee Bill
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobzilla View Post
Bet youlike Nascrap too

Ok, now you've stepped over the line!

And yeah, I know that Nascrap chase is something like what I described.