Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2013, 06:24 PM   #1426
PTRadam
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbarmy View Post
Well that certainly was interesting!Didnt expect Flug to agree with me.Its been done this way and will continue to be done this way.I just dont like it.Fact is I cant wait for outdoors.And I posted awhile back that Baggett was out with broken hand/wrist.As I said before,I hope it all goes well for everyone.
Outdoors will be awesome for sure. I just hope everyone stays healthy till then. If so, RV & Bubba will have a slugfest.
PTRadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:32 PM   #1427
SigPig
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 199
If an injured rider becomes fully healthy mid season is he not allowed to race in your scenario since he has no chance at the title? Or do you just not like the 250 kids who don't have a chance at the title?

PS: Love your pics, keep them coming.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:59 PM   #1428
NorthCoastRider
Livin' the dream

Oddometer: 245
Quote:
also, lets say Canard and Barcia were right up there in the points race. If Tomac comes in it isn't fair to the other guys as team riding could come into play. more opportunity to dilute the product.

Tomac isn't on the the same same team as Barcia and Canard. Honda yes, title sponsor no.
What difference does it make if its a 250 rider, an Arenacross rider or a privateer is filling the last 20 spots. If the rider is as fast as the top guys its going to be better racing and thats better for the fans.

Which would you rather see, Tomac racing for a top 5 or another guy getting lapped?

They have been letting the 250 (125) guys move up for as long as I can remember, I think its good to watch.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:16 PM   #1429
Fajita Dave
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 715
I can't wait to watch Tomac race in the 450 class this weekend. At the same time I've got to agree with flug. Its just seems like poor structure for this racing series. You should have to stay in whichever series you started in.

Even though no one cares much about the back markers that barely make it into the main every weekend you still have to think about them. With Tomac in you're taking away someone else's paycheck by getting into the main. In F1 a GP2 driver can bump up mid season but he's got to drive a car thats already registered in the F1 series. It would be like adding a 25th car on the GP grid if it were the same as supercross.

If a 450 rider gets injured I wouldn't have any problem with a 250 rider filling in for him. Simply adding someone else into the mix mid season just for the hell of it just doesn't seem right at the pro level.

Fajita Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:46 PM   #1430
brents347
Trusting my Cape...

Oddometer: 3,433
But regular 450 riders get injured and miss rounds every single weekend. Can't we just say he is filling one of those spots? And actually, Tomac is supposed to ride Windhams bike, which IS a bike that was in for the beginning of the season!

01 Kawasaki KE100
74 Honda MR50
brents347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:05 PM   #1431
nachtflug
infidel

Oddometer: 45,287
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthCoastRider View Post
Tomac isn't on the the same same team as Barcia and Canard. Honda yes, title sponsor no.
I understand Muscle Milk and Geico are 2 separate teams.

I'd also lay money that what Honda says, they do.
nachtflug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:11 PM   #1432
nachtflug
infidel

Quote:
Which would you rather see, Tomac racing for a top 5 or another guy getting lapped?
since Tomac has chosen the 250 west series, I'd prefer he doesn't ride the 450's as it could have a significant effect on the final standings in the 450's.

I want to see a pure series in the premier class without random x factors which can only detract from the quality of the series.

it's like bringing in a pinch hitter in baseball. if he gets a hit, and drives in a run, the run counts, if he makes an out, the out doesn't count. what kind of game is that?
Old 02-20-2013, 08:31 PM   #1433
nachtflug
infidel

Quote:
What difference does it make if its a 250 rider, an Arenacross rider or a privateer is filling the last 20 spots.
because in the case of Tomac as the governing body of a mutiple/simultaneous class race series you are basically bringing in a ringer from one of your other class's who is hot and ready to and capable of running up front. but even if he wins out he won't win a title he'll prevent someone else from possibly winning by skewing the points.

there is no upside. it makes no sense to allow it to happen. you are potentially ruining the integrity of your own multi class series.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:38 PM   #1434
nachtflug
infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachtflug View Post
you are potentially ruining the integrity of your own multi class series.
and the integrity that is ruined is that when the series started at A1 the favorites in the west lites were Tomac and Roczen.

the favorites in the 450's were #1, #5, #7, #22, #41, #51.

now with after 7 of 16 races completed with #18 leading it possibly on his way to a season for the ages to allow Tomac to possibly impact what has the potential to be an epic series makes. no. sense. it could be a travesty of epic proportions. the premier series would lack integrity.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:49 PM   #1435
Shawnee Bill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,838
So now we need to have special rules for our favorites and other fast guys?
But if you're a back marker the rules don't apply?
And if someone gets hurt (which is almost a sure thing) then the special rules give an exception?

It's called racing because whoever gets there first wins. Milsapps has already turned everything upside down this season, so we need to make an exception for him and if he happens to hurt himself and miss a few races it's ok if Wharton fills in for him because he also rides a yellow bike. Or do we have to pick a 250 rider that has never finished higher than 10th?

What a mess.

Shawnee Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:55 PM   #1436
skwidd
where does this lead?

Oddometer: 16,190
Quote:
and the integrity that is ruined is that when the series started at A1 the favorites in the west lites were Tomac and Roczen.

the favorites in the 450's were #1, #5, #7, #22, #41, #51.

now with after 7 of 16 races completed with #18 leading it possibly on his way to a season for the ages to allow Tomac to possibly impact what has the potential to be an epic series makes. no. sense. it could be a travesty of epic proportions. the premier series would lack integrity.
Not one of those riders is looking beside or behind them from about 3 to 5 minutes before that cute girl turns that sign sideways.

'02 BN125 Eliminator, oversize 150 rear tire, 1 down on the front sprocket, Amsoil full synthetic race oil, dual gremlin bells
skwidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:59 PM   #1437
bobzilla
Dirty Old Man

Oddometer: 864
Quote:
this is the big leagues. the white tee's. this is for all the marbles. it needs structure and it needs to be governed to get the best possible product. If millsaps loses by a whisker because someone from the minor leagues has tilted the pinball machine it won't be good for the entire sport.

the AMA has made the 250 series the minor leagues by structuring it the way they have I am not knocking the 250 riders. but you have to protect the integrity of the sport. meaningless entries that can have an effect on the final outcomes make no sense. a 250 rider who is looking for gate time is a meaningless entry as he can't win the title so why allow him to effect your championship of your premier X class.
The reason we are enjoying THIS season so much so far is that NOBODY is dominant. We have 5 or 6 guys that can win every week.
Every rider on the track is a challenge in addition to the track. Your right this is the premier class and these guys take on all comers and if you can make the main you get your chance

if we take you option we should only let riders that have a chance to win the title in the main and by the end of the season we will only have 4 riders in the main.

Flug, I dig your pictures and insight into moto and super X but on this one I have to agree to disagree
bobzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:12 PM   #1438
bxr140
Flame Bait

Oddometer: 1,038
Tomac racing the 450 is just like a wild card in motogp or wsbk, or a farm team player being called up to the big show.

Its good for the series in the near term by creating [even more] interest, and it is good for the series in the long run by giving ET some no-pressure seat time with the big boys. This is the entertainment business after all, and let's face it, even if he tanks Davi royally its probably still good for business...
bxr140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:42 PM   #1439
mdubya
Right Brigade

Oddometer: 7,162
Thanks GOD it is not baseball. Part of any racing series includes wild cards that my show up, fast locals, older riders trying to make a come back, etc.

If you can qualify for the show, you are in. There aren't any rules stating a competitor must ride every round, so all arguments against Tomac are null and void.

Old 02-21-2013, 04:53 AM   #1440
SigPig
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 199
Does your theory apply to outdoors as well?
Will Dowd and Brownie have to stay at home this year.
Is Kurt Caselli not welcome at Southwick?